View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:34 pm

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Rate the Last Movie You Watched 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

The Matrix : 9.5/10

Sadly this is the first time I've ever seen the Matrix and I have to say that it has a lot of awesome moments and ideas in the film. For a film that was released in 1999 it still is enjoyable to watch to this day but that really says nothing considering that there are older films that are just as good as this one. There is a decent amount of science in the film as well such as that we might actually be living in a Matrix of our own. (The world actually just being one big simulation.) Overall if you haven't seen it yet then go ahead and do so as I cant believe I haven't watched it until this year.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:52 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Rate the Last Movie You Watched
Nightmare Before Christmas: 9/10
It's about time I saw this movie, and it was really good! All of the songs were extremely great, the story was simple yet enjoyable, to sum it up in one word, it's an experience. I don't know if anyone can answer this, but can someone explain to me why it's called Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas? From what I looked up, the director was Henry Selick, and Burton only wrote it.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:55 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Can someone explain to me why it's called Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas? From what I looked up, the director was Henry Selick, and Burton only wrote it.

If Burton wrote it then it's his story, not the director's, so his name is more important to the title.

Actually, I did some more research because if that were the case, Ed Wood wouldn't be a Tim Burton film since he didn't write it, but apparently Nightmare Before Christmas was originally a poem Burton wrote back in 1982.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:45 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Anchorman 2:8/10
I never saw or even heard of the first movie, but my family wanted to see it. It had a fair amount of really stupid and tasteless moments, but there were more than enough moments that had me close to pissing myself. My mother did warn me not to buy that large Coke.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:06 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Kopps 6.5/10

Watched it because I found a scene from the movie and thought that the entire movie would be that ridiculous. Turns out there were only a few scenes like that. Overall the movie was still pretty good though.

Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:22 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

The Land Before Time:8.5/10
Definitely a really great movie! The characters are enjoyable, the animation is brilliant, but the movie's strength was seeing children go through these conflicts. I like how it ends with the narrator saying "the story will be passed down from generation to generation."

Until the sequels come to destroy it.

-- Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:41 pm --

Frozen: 9/10
Holy crap, this was amazing!!! I don't think I've seen a Disney movie in theaters since Emperor's New Groove and I barely even remember that, so I was really excited to see one on the big screen again. It did not disappoint! The songs were really great, the characters were all enjoyable, the story was very great, I only have a couple of minor problems with it. If you haven't seen it already and it's still in theaters where you live, see it!!! :rave: :rave:

Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:42 am

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Evangelion 3.0: You Can (Not) Redo: 8/10. I wish it'd been subbed, but the dub was fine, I guess. Score one for the parents who had the common sense not to take their kids, though.

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:17 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Blazing Saddles:7.75/10

I loved History of the World and Spaceballs, but I found Mel Brooks' Blazing Saddles to be somewhat lacking. Don't get me wrong, there were funny moments, and I was laughing pretty hard at them, but such moments weren't very common and I found myself often bored.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:59 am

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
The Truman Show: 8.5/10

What I love about this movie is it's deep and philosophical message: is this life an illusion? Is the world we live in just a set-up, and we are the actors? Kind of reminds me of something Rod Serling would come up with in a Twilight Zone episode. It also reflects on finding ourselves, much like Truman did when he tried to leave The Dome via sailboat. To heck with any special effects (if any), the story is what makes this movie interesting.

Sat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

A Beautiful Mind:9.5/10

We've been watching this in Psychology class and...wow. O.O Really damn great movie. Some of the students were crying, and I came pretty close myself! If there was one problem I have to say, is that as usual, when Russell Crowe doesn't need to express emotion, he REALLY doesn't express emotion! The rest of the movie more than makes up for it, though. ^_^

Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:25 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next