View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Rate the Last Movie You Watched 

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Rate the Last Movie You Watched
Shaving Ryans Privates Saving Private Ryan.9/10
if you havint seen this movie, don't watch toystory, then this, you'll think of woody issuing military commands all throughout

Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:46 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

A Clockwork Orange:10/10

O.O ... O.O ...I'm speechless. This was my first Stanley Kubrick movie and it was beyond fantastic. Every single shot and edit was perfect. The character's drama was outstanding, managing to make us relate to a pure criminal. The theme was presented flawlessly and mercilessly. The only nitpick I have is that there's one driving scene where the background is an extremely obvious screen effect, but for 1971, I'll let it slide. Aside from that, I have no problems. Hands-down one of the greatest movies I've ever seen. I can't recommend it to everyone, especially people who are sensitive,(mainly due to the obscenity) but if you're looking for an extremely harsh movie about society, look no further. I felt like I haven't blinked for an insanely long time.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:05 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Godzilla (2014)

Story 7.5/10
KAIJU FIGHTS over 9000

If you like really in depth stories and engaging characters, don't watch it. If you like huge monster fights, great buildups and good visual design?? Watch now pls

Godzilla got really chubby heheheh, but he was really cool and the way the let the film build up until his official full reveal will have you squealing like a two year old. I'm also just into kaijus so it was great. Out of the last two American-produced kaiju films though, Pacific Rim was more engaging, as much as I love Godzilla. Pacific Rim had a significantly better story and better (human) characters that were easier to emotionally attach to.

Godzilla's new enterpretation as a level-headed, neutralizing force of nature rather than just a mutated abomination is really cool though. He was not there for the humans or the other monsters, just to take care of his business and get back on his way.

But the real answer you want: it's better than the first American Godzilla film.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Mon May 19, 2014 4:03 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Happy Gilmore:6/10

There were several movies playing during on my bus trip and back, and this one caught my eye because I heard it was one of Adam Sandler's good movies. And it's...ok. I didn't really find it very funny or that entertaining, but it's better than most of the movies he's made, that's for sure.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Mon May 19, 2014 2:15 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

X-Men: Days of Future Past: 8/10

First off, if you hated The Last Stand, say hello to your new favorite movie (just watch it, you'll see)

It was well written, although the emotion wasn't as deep as it was in First Class, it seems. Still obvious major plot hole like how Charles Xavier is randomly alive when he was wiped out in The Last Stand?? It's never, ever explained in Days of Future Past, and that will always bother me. 70s setting seems really authentic and the costumes are incredible. Peter Dinklage was as awesome as usual, although his character itself was a bit flat.

Quicksilver was my favorite part. The funny kid is always the 'favorite' but he was just really well acted, too. Wish he got a larger part in the film.

k bye

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Sat May 31, 2014 7:43 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

A Knight's Tale:5.5/10
I heard this was the movie that got Heath Ledger started on his great film career all the way to being the Joker, and...I thought this movie was a snore. The story was boringly predictable, the acting was...stupidly hammy when it wasn't bland, the only parts worth watching were the jousting matches.

Sat May 31, 2014 7:56 pm

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
The Croods: 4/10

For some reason or another, I did just not like this show. It was actually recommended by my sister who is more of a romanticist than I, so that might explain a lot. This movie just seemed to be one of those movies where the producers took a specific theme (in this case, stone age) and turned it into a corny family comedy. Probably the only thing that liked about it was the well-done animation which wasn't too bad. However, the storyplot was so predictable, like I knew exactly what was going to happen in the end. It's just these type of movies that kind of ruin the cinema for me.

Thu Jun 05, 2014 10:09 pm

Treasure Hunter

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

The Thing (the 90s one):

9/10 the reason a point gets knocked off is because it was a little cheesy, other than that this movie even today has to be my all time favourite horror. up there with splinter.

I cant recommend this web comic enough, its just too good, you're missing out if you don't check it out

----

no matter who we perceive to be our biggest threat, our biggest danger or Enemy. in the end, the one we all have to stay aware of is ourselves, its hard to see the shadowing darkness that lies within, even more so to resist.

Theres always that one time, the one time where you feel that rage, such power. maybe for you its more than once, have you never stopped to think? something feeds from that anger, that Darkness within all our souls.

Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:48 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Edge of Tomorrow 3D: 9/10

I think this movie is pretty underrated (there had been just 4 people in the cinema including myself and the friend I had been there with and it had been Friday evening).

I can say I liked the plot, the characters and the special effects. For something that is basically a SciFi war movie I would even say it is pretty deep. And I also liked the 3D effects, I didn't even count how often I blinked my eyes because something "came flying towards me".

One point gets knocked off because the ending seemed a bit weird from the scientific point of view, just like in any other time-travel related movie, but well, they needed a happy "Hollywood-ending" :P

Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:55 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Shrek:7/10
Yeah, I don't think this movie is that great. It has good pacing, and I do remember everything that happens, but there weren't that many jokes. I don't get why some people regard it as one of the greatest comedies. The only part that actually got me to laugh was the Gingerbread Man torture scene. It's not bad, but it's nothing special to me, either.

Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:41 pm
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next