View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Rate the Last Movie You Watched 

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

How to Train Your Dragon 2 8.5/10

One of the only sequels I've ever seen to keep the feeling of the original. Even though there are new locations, the universe still would've fit right into the original film.

Hiccup is grown up now! His nose bothers me for some reason. But he's grown up, and it's very nice to see him still have the same essence of his 15 year old self, while still being more mature. The characters are still as fun an interesting as they were (though Astrid feels more domestic which bothers me WHERES MY VIKING FIGHTING QUEEN?!) Design and CGI are even more gorgeous than the original, even down to where you can see Hiccup's light freckles and shaved/barely growing facial hair.

The storyline is really good, but it bothers me that they inserted his mother (not a spoiler, it was in trailers :V), and didn't think about her original design. In the original, Stoick's hat was supposed to be half of her breastplate (indicating she was large). But in this film she was cartoon-lanky and skinny. It just bugs me that they didn't think that through when they stated from the beginning they were going to have sequels.

As good as the original? Absolutely. And I'm pretty reluctant to put sequels on par with originals, so that's saying something.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:29 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
Reimeille wrote:
How to Train Your Dragon 2 8.5/10

I did not read your entry for fear of spoilers, but seeing this movie is my sister's and my graduation gift, along with some games. I cannot wait to see it! :hyper:

No spoilers, unless you consider stuff in trailers spoilers. I never spoil without covering it cause i'm 2 cool 4 that mess

It's really good, I hope you enjoy it though :)

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~

Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:54 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
I've not read the books so I can't compare it from that perspective, but I really did like the gluttonous glamour they showed in the capital, everything was so overdone it was very good.

As someone who read the entire series (and obessed over them, ohgod) before the films were even announced, I can honestly say that the films are the most true-to-the-book that I've seen. Little changes here and there but so far I can't remember anything PLOT-related changing (some people's hair color is different, etc.).

Guardians of the Galaxy 8/10

Another good Marvel movie ooooo the first time I went into one without knowing about the plot. I thought this was going to be Marvel's first drop, because the comedy advertising is terrible, but the movie is sooo much better. It's extremely more comedy than the others, like seriously. Even villain Ronan didn't miss out on doing something totally weird.

Comedy was suprisingly on point and not annoying at all. The little cliche random 'romance' between the male and female lead gets entirely destroyed in the most comedic way by the male lead's ego, which is hilarious. Overall = awesome. However, not for someone who was expecting an emotional, more serious Marvel film like Iron Man 3.

Also, I spent the entire film wondering why Ronan sounded like Thranduil until I saw they are the same actor (Lee Pace) WHOOPS

Wed Aug 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Rate the Last Movie You Watched
Persona 3; The Movie 1

THIS IS WHAT RPG PLAYERS SEE WHEN THEY ARE IMMERSED.

Seriously, this is what persona 5 needs. the movie sticks to the games story like glue, including the fact that the protagonist almost never speaks. it even throws in the games first floor tutorial in there. i cant think of a better anime movie.

the plot is this, the protagonist moves to a new school, as he has been doing for years, but this is the last time. as he get there, the time strikes midnight, the moon enlarges and coffins appear where people once were. and being a typical jRPG movie the protagonist is like "oh" and continues onto the dorm, there he meets a mysterious child, who asked him to sign a contract that makes him responsible for his own actions. once that is done, he is yelled at and a girl pulls a gun on him.

all in all 11/10 GREATEST MOVIE BASED OFF A GAME EVER.

now that thats done, i ask this. Atlus, wheres the Catherine movie?

Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:39 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Dragon Ball Z Battle of Gods: 5.5/10

Yeah, I didn't think this was very good. I wasn't expecting the whole thing to be action and I expected some points to be slow, but they tried to fill it with cheesy comedy. And...it was REALLY weak. I already thought it was bad enough in the show because it doesn't fit in something as grand as DBZ, but if anything, it was worse here.

The action...was good. Not quite as good as Akira Toriyama's past work, but it wasn't too bad. Lord Beerus wasn't that interesting of a villain to me, and Super Saiyan God was pretty underwhelming. As a fan of the show, I didn't like it, and I have no intention of seeing it again. It's not good, but it's not terrible.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:50 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

The Blues Brothers. The original one with Dan Aykroyd and John Belushi in it.

God damn that movie is amazing. XD Easy 10/10 for me.

In case you don't know, this movie is so good and bad at the same time, so people either love it or hate it.

The good? The music, lead acting and car chases. The car chases are absurd. Intentionally unrealistic and almost cartoonish, in fact. They've had me dying of laughter several times.
The music is consistently good. Every song makes you want to get up and dance, with performances from James Brown, Ray Charles, Aretha Franklin and more.
The main two characters of Jake and Elwood Blues are sensational. The chemistry between them is perfect and their roles are performed flawlessly.

The bad things are a slow start and a whole of 2 bad actors. The latter only makes the movie funnier and better in my mind, since the sometimes cringe-worthy acting really suits the overall stupidity of the movie. Hell, the bad acting suits their characters. Maybe it's supposed to be bad. :P

If you haven't seen this movie, fix that. Like, now. Seriously. Do. It.

Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:38 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Shawshank Redemption:9/10

I needed to watch this movie again for a project and I forgot how great it was! Do I think it's the greatest movie of all-time? Not quite. It's writing and acting superb and gets across strong messages, but it's not exactly the best suited movie for me. Clockwork Orange seemed like a much more powerful movie to me, but Shawshank is fantastic, and it gave me more memorable lines.
"I want him found now! Not tomorrow, not after breakfast. Now."

-- Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:53 pm --

Into The Woods:8/10

I wasn't too sure what to expect since I never heard of the musical but I was pleasantly surprised. It was able to string together all of these fairytales so creatively. I'm indecisive about 99% of the dialogue being in song, but if I can enjoy Child of Light's rhyming dialogue then this is a breeze.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:54 am

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

It Follows - I don't know if I'd say it's 96% on the Tomatometre good, but it was good. As someone who doesn't partake in the sex, the film's main source of lingering paranoia was completely lost on me. That said, naked man on roof? Next level. 7.5/10.

Avengers: Age of Ultron - It felt like it was missing something, but I can't quite place what it was. Spader was good as Ultron, but I wasn't a fan of the decision to make him as silly as they did. Whedon's best movie remains Serenity as far as I'm concerned. Still, "Fine, I'll do it myself." was pretty radical, even if the scene surrounding it wasn't 100% clear. 8/10.

Sat May 02, 2015 5:37 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Oh my God...I haven't posted ANY of the movies I saw in Film class? Wow...what to choose from? I saw so many movies, like Touch of Evil, Do The Right Thing, Rear Window, so I think I'll go with the most famous one.

Citizen Kane:9.9/10
Was and still is regarded as one of the greatest films ever made, and that sounds about right. ^_^ Even if you take out all of the amazing symbolism, all of the epic camera angles, all of the glorious lighting techniques, it's still an outstanding movie. Charles Foster Kane was such a fascinating character that I wanted to see everything until the bitter end. I honestly stopped caring about what Rosebud meant until the end of the movie, he was THAT interesting! While almost everything in this movie is breathtaking, there is one HUGE problem that I'm knocking that .1 off for. The whole movie is spend trying to figure out what his dying word, Rosebud meant, but no one was in the room to hear him say it! While this is normally a major issue, everything else was so great, I'm willing to overlook it. If you have some appreciation for film, or just enjoy character studies, this is a must-see. :rave:

Fri May 08, 2015 2:08 am
Reply to topic   [ 139 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14