View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:01 am

Reply to topic  [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Anticipated Films 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Anticipated Films
Reimeille wrote:
Big Hero 6.

I'm...curious about that one. It doesn't seem like it'll hold my interest that much, but I do intend to see it when it comes out.

Reimeille wrote:
I hated Pacific Rim('s marketing) before it released, but now it's one of my favorite films, so I'm not going to judge by bad trailers anymore.

I never saw Pacific Rim, but it's nice to hear there really is more to it. The trailers made it look like a Transformers clone.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:25 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Reimeille wrote:
I hated Pacific Rim('s marketing) before it released, but now it's one of my favorite films, so I'm not going to judge by bad trailers anymore.

I never saw Pacific Rim, but it's nice to hear there really is more to it. The trailers made it look like a Transformers clone.

Bro. You have no idea. I thought the exact same thing.

My taste and yours are pretty different, so I don't know how you'd like it, but I can honestly tell you the movie is tremendously more enjoyable than the trailers made it seem. Very thoughtful and impressive references to Japanese culture, and the kaiju and mecha genres. You'd never have thought an American film could do so well with Japanese culture like that, but it was really well done! It helps that Guillermo del Toro (the director) is a longtime fan of anime like Evangelion, anyways. You can feel that it came from a fan of the culture.

Much more likeable and interesting characters than the Transformers films, and the jaeger/kaiju fights were incredible. The fact that some people never saw it because it looks like a Transformers clone makes me want to cry.

If that isn't proof that trailers don't mean anything, I don't know what it is.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:35 am

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Trailers never really say anything about the story, or what it's about. Other then showing the theme (eg, Wreck-It Ralph being about a video game character, etc) and it was my dad who got me on the Hobbit movies. Watched Desolation of Smaug twice (back then, when I was depressed, I wanted Smaug to win out, gave a different felling to it).

Now for the 'Anticipated Films' part.
Hobbit 3.
Lucy (friends and I were talking about the 10% usage of the brain thingy, a month later I see the first trailer, felt a bit ripped off)
I don't watch TV, so I don't really know any others.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum. At times the site is down, but if that is the case there is an active Discord server, and if you're interested in joininh then please don't hesitate to PM me. It's a lil' bit stale without some new or returning WMB members.

Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:46 am
Profile WWW

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Seen RoboCop. Trailers merely show some theme.

Hence, trailers sck, for the most part.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum. At times the site is down, but if that is the case there is an active Discord server, and if you're interested in joininh then please don't hesitate to PM me. It's a lil' bit stale without some new or returning WMB members.

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:11 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Reimeille wrote:
I'm not too sure how I like the comedy marketing of Guardians of the Galaxy, but I always give Marvel films a chance, and this is no exception. I hated Pacific Rim('s marketing) before it released, but now it's one of my favorite films, so I'm not going to judge by bad trailers anymore.

I'm so glad I saw Guardians of the Galaxy, it was really good :> comedy was the actual funny type of comedy

Next, I still have to see Interstellar, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay (part 1?? heard they're separating it idk), The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies, and Big Hero 6.

After seeing Lee Pace as the main villain in Guardians of the Galaxy it reminded me about how the third Hobbit film is coming out soon and I'm real excited. I liked Pace's character (THRANDUIL YEAH) pretty much the best anyways, so ofc I'm going to be sitting with the mega-nerdz at the marathon showing.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~

Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:18 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Really looking forward to Evangelion 3.33 to be released on DVD and Blu-Ray. Yes this is a film. It's anime but it is still a film and apparently it was even shown in theaters here a year ago but I wasn't into Evangelion at the time. Out of all the anime, movies, and shows I have watched Evangelion stands out as one of the best thrill rides, edge of your seat, and dramatic experiences I have ever witnessed in fictional media. I'm actually exaggerating a bit but this series is really something else and I recommend everyone to give it a try if they haven't yet. Either way I'm extremely looking forward to when Evangelion 3.33 comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

camarosquid wrote:
Really looking forward to Evangelion 3.33 to be released on DVD and Blu-Ray. Yes this is a film. It's anime but it is still a film and apparently it was even shown in theaters here a year ago but I wasn't into Evangelion at the time. Out of all the anime, movies, and shows I have watched Evangelion stands out as one of the best thrill rides, edge of your seat, and dramatic experiences I have ever witnessed in fictional media. I'm actually exaggerating a bit but this series is really something else and I recommend everyone to give it a try if they haven't yet. Either way I'm extremely looking forward to when Evangelion 3.33 comes out on DVD and Blu-Ray.

Sometimes Eva films get rereleased in limited runs in US and Canada every once in a while. Alot of popular anime gets runs like these (often with limited edition stuff for sale/giveaways). When I was a freshman in high school, Summer Wars was released in a run like that, and then a year later it had another (albeit smaller) run, so it's possible you can see it on big screen again.

Wed Sep 10, 2014 6:05 pm

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

waiting ever so patiently for "persona 3 the movie 2; A Midsummer Knights Dream". this one takes place between summer and fall, and brings in the tear jerker Aigis. the first was amazing and accurately represents the game, and i advise you watch it now, even if youre not a fan of the series.

Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:05 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Well I might have missed the memo earlier, but Pixar is making a new movie called Inside Out. It seems to play on the idea that people's thoughts are controlled by much smaller people in their head, and it's...pretty funny! It plays on teenage stereotypes, male and female stereotypes, and even stereotypes on the ego! :lol: I can't remember the last time I genuinely laughed at a Disney movie since Beauty and the Beast!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:52 pm
Reply to topic   [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2