View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:35 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 ELYSIUM 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

ELYSIUM is a movie that wont come out until the summer time so in the mean time I thought it would be worth mentioning it here over at Want Midna Back. This movie is being directed by none other than Neill Blomkamp who worked on one of my favorite movies, District 9. I for one am EXTREMELY looking forward to this film as I highly enjoyed District 9 and that film still stands as my all time favorite movie. Seeing as how I don't want to take the time myself to explain what this film will be about I will just go ahead and post the plot summary below. Anyways, feel free to discuss this upcoming film here!

In the year 2154, the very wealthy live on Elysium – a Stanford torus space habitat in Earth orbit – while the rest live on an overpopulated, ruined Earth. The people of Earth are desperate to escape the planet’s crime and poverty, and they critically need the state-of-the-art medical care available on Elysium – but some in Elysium will stop at nothing to enforce anti-immigration laws and preserve their citizens’ luxurious lifestyle. The only one with the chance to bring equality to these worlds is Max Da Costa, an ordinary man in desperate need to get to Elysium. With his life hanging in the balance, he reluctantly takes on a dangerous mission – one that pits him against Elysium’s mayor, Secretary Jessica Delacourt and her hard-line forces – but if he succeeds, he could save not only his own life, but billions of people on Earth as well.

Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:39 am
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I'm extremely excited about this film, too, if for no other reason than because of Neill Blomkamp being at the helm. Indeed, District 9 is one of the most inventive science-fiction films of the last ten years, at least. Please follow suit, Elysium.

Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:07 am
Profile WWW

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

No one else replied to this thread? Wow where have you all been in the film world. Anyways I too am extremely excited for this film and that is probably because Neill Blomkamp is the one doing this movie, the same man behind my favorite film of all time District 9. I will admit though that it would have been cooler to see a sequel to District 9 instead of ELYSIUM but all in all I am extremely excited either way.

Fri May 31, 2013 5:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]