View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:08 pm

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Guilty Pleasures 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Guilty Pleasures
Do you have any movies that you personally like that everyone else seems to hate? Talk about them here! And not something that's so bad its good like The Room I mean a movie you legitimately like.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:47 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Guilty Pleasures
The Star Wars prequels. Yes, I know, there are many things wrong with them, from Jar Jar to whiney Anikin, yet I still enjoyed them. Star Wars I, I liked seeing Anikin as a kid. Star Wars II, it's been too long for me to give a valid opinion on it. Star Wars III, I loved the dark mood of the movie.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:16 pm

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
The Star Wars prequels. Yes, I know, there are many things wrong with them, from Jar Jar to whiney Anikin, yet I still enjoyed them. Star Wars I, I liked seeing Anikin as a kid. Star Wars II, it's been too long for me to give a valid opinion on it. Star Wars III, I loved the dark mood of the movie.

1 and 2 are my favorites, and I don't see anything wrong with that. :P :rave: 3 is... just not my taste though. I haven't even watched the whole thing through.
Also, I'm pretty fond of Jar Jar; he's hilarious. :lol:

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:24 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
VI was my favourite of the lot, which regrettably also probably counts as a guilty pleasure since it wasn't seen favourably in comparison to the others.

In that case it's a guilty pleasure for me, too. VI is my favorite...mainly because of "it's a trap!" :lol: Just kidding, I love everything else in it.

With all of this Star Wars talk of guilty pleasures I wouldn't be surprised if someone came in saying they legitimately liked the Holiday Special.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:34 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
Shrek 3.

Same here. I liked it about as much as the first one, which I'll be honest, is enjoyable, but I don't think it's incredible.. I REALLY liked Shrek 2 though, and while I still felt the third movie was a step backwards in some senses,(the villain is only half the villain of the last movie) but I still got good laughs out of it. I never saw Shrek 4, though.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:45 pm

Neophyte

Neophyte

I can honestly say I like scary movie, and all of it's sequels. And that I haven't seen most of the movies they're based around. In my friend group, that makes me a film-outcast.

Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:57 pm

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

thevoiceoftwilight, you seem to be new, so hello and welcome. :rave:
Ok, I don't really have anything relevant to say because I don't know how well liked the movies I like are in general and I don't care.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:04 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
Epic Movie

I saw that at a cousin's house and actually found it funny. It's been years though, so I can't give a valid opinion on it.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:07 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
The Thing (2011). Easily one of the best prequels ever in my opinion, along with Star Wars III. I really don't know why it got as much hate as it did. Was it just for people to jump on the 'All prequels are shit' bandwagon? It was really good, and very true to the original movie.

Hell YES!!! It was very true to the original. I also thought that the special effects where outstanding as well and lived up to the original in some ways. And speaking of prequels, I recently just watched Prometheus, the prequel to the alien series. Sure that plot/script has a lot of flaws and the film raises more questions than answers but I found that the movie itself was a very warm welcome back to Ridley Scott's Alien franchise. Though it could be better, a lot better but either way I found it to be very enjoyable nonetheless.

Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:58 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Spiderman 3. This movie gets a lot of hate for reasons I don't understand. Peter goes through Hell, the romance is actually believable and interesting this time, and the climax is incredible. However, there are problems, ranging from very little Venom screentime, Emo Peter, and the dance scene. I guess people didn't like how ridiculous the movie got when it tried to be a lot darker, but what's good is really, really good. Besides, the other two movies were just as dumb. Do I need to remind people they had scenes like this?

Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]