View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:40 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Movies you Think are Overrated 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Movies you Think are Overrated
I was originally going to make thread the exact opposite of the guilty pleasures one, where we talk about the movies we don't like that everyone else enjoys, but as I was thinking, I haven't seen too many movies that I actually hate. Because of this, it's just going to be a thread of movies you don't think are as good as people say, even if you do still like them. Enjoy!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:51 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

James Cameron's Avatar. Not much to say about this one really other than that it is overrated simply because the idea has been done before and not to mention it feels quite uninspired in that we got the human military and aliens. Whats so new about this? Oh the aliens are actually the good guys? Well to put it simply I just think this title doesn't hold up all that well as everyone says it does. Might be because I didn't have a chance to see this film in 3D which I heard was the reason why it rocked so good. But really Avatar is just all like GOSH I wish I was there instead of making you focus on the plot. Just rambling here. Don't get me wrong, I love the film Avatar but I think it isn't as good as everyone makes it out to be.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:25 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Movies you Think are Overrated
Cars. A lot of people really liked this movie when it came out, still really like it now, and I never understood why. It's a story where we know what's going to happen to the main character and how he'll develop. What really bothered me is that this came out right after the Incredibles, which is not only still loved today, but it was Pixar's first movie to use human characters, opening up more possibilities for them. So what do they do next? Cars. They don't even take advantage of the fact that everyone is a car for some clever jokes. I barely know about cars and I could think of good car jokes. After a lot of thinking, I remembered that this movie is what ultimately killed my interest in Disney/Pixar. I did see Ratatouille and enjoy it, but only at a friend's house. At least everyone seems to agree that Planes sucked.
camarosquid wrote:
Whats so new about this? Oh the aliens are actually the good guys?

No, not really. Avatar is pretty much a bad kid's rainforest movie that switched rainforests with aliens. That's it.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:20 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Movies you Think are Overrated
This is a movie people are very split on, and I don't know whether yay or nay holds the majority of the public opinion, but Man of Steel. Audiences applauded for it(even though most of the people I know IRL hate it) while critics tore it apart. I'm...somewhere in the middle. It was really boring until it got to the action, and even then critics complained about there being too much action. I don't regret seeing it, but I'm not sure why a lot of people enjoy it.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:35 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]