View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:06 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Do you bother buying movies on DVD or Blu Ray? 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Do you bother buying movies on DVD or Blu Ray?
VHS, Laserdisk, or even digital copies those count too. Likewise When I say do you bother buying movies on DVD or Blu Ray I mean do you buy movies when they come out in some sort of physical format that you can use to watch it in the comfort of your own home? To make this question even simpler I will rule out that even if you don't collect crap tons of movies that's fine too I'm simply just asking whether you buy DVDs/Blu Ray every now and then.

I'll just start though by saying that if it's a movie I really enjoyed and know I will be watching it again and again then I will buy it. I mean I just bought Elysium on DVD and Blu Ray combo pack today as I am quite a fan of the director who also did District 9. (Which I also have on DVD.) Silly topic I know but it just came to my mind so I thought I'd give it a post.

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:08 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Do you bother buying movies on DVD or Blu Ray?
I do if I really like the movie. Kind of stupid considering I only watch them when I get them and then never again. But I like to own things physically, or I don't feel like I can say I 'have' it. It IS alot easier to own them digitally now, which I why I love how nowaday DVD copies often come with codes for a free digital copy (I got that for Pacific Rim). I'll buy the DVD and never touch it??? But I'll always use the digital version haha

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:50 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

It all depends on whether I like the movie or not. I'm not going to get Man of Steel because I thought it was just OK. However, since I didn't get a chance to see Frozen in theaters I'll probably get it on DVD.
Reimeille wrote:
It IS alot easier to own them digitally now, which I why I love how nowaday DVD copies often come with codes for a free digital copy

...I did not know this was possible now. You young whippersnappers!!! :evil:

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:35 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
It all depends on whether I like the movie or not. I'm not going to get Man of Steel because I thought it was just OK. However, since I didn't get a chance to see Frozen in theaters I'll probably get it on DVD.
Reimeille wrote:
It IS alot easier to own them digitally now, which I why I love how nowaday DVD copies often come with codes for a free digital copy

...I did not know this was possible now. You young whippersnappers!!! :evil:

we're the same age??? omg

Yeah, if you buy the cheap 5 dollar versions of the movies than sometimes no but if you're willing to dish 10 or 15 (which isn't really that much) then they come with digital copies 80% of the time.

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:14 pm
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]