View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:53 am

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 The Hunger Games 

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Please don't tell me that I'm the only one here who has read the series.

Anyways, I loved this. It's futuristic, yet it isn't over- loaded with the author's ideas for future technology. And it managed to balance a girl's romantic dilemas with groan- inducing violence (Unlike Twilight.... sniff). Though I wasn't exactly thrilled that Gale just had to have a crush on Katniss, just like Peeta (who is the shit), the love part of the book was still enjoyable. Except for the parts where Gale was involved in the lovin'. Wouldn't recommend it for someone who likes a narrator to leave their feelings out of it, because Katniss is a raving death trap of mixed emotions. Most emotions are somehow associated with hate, though. :)
Lionsgate is going to make a movie out of it sometime in, I'm guessing, late 2011. It's all I can do to hope that they have the good sense not to turn this into some Twilight- istic sort of junk. It better be as violent as the book. And Peeta better act as nuts for Katniss as he was in the book. And there better be lots of special effects. If these three things aren't accomplished... I'm gonna be peeved.

(Yeah, I drew <- that one.)

Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:13 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I love you. Let's start a Hunger Games fan club.

Peeta >>> Gale. I like Gale, but Peeta owns him into fucking oblivion when it comes to Katniss. Hopefully movie!Peeta will be as awesome as he is in the book.

I agree, I want the movie to have some major violence in it. If they fluff it up or tone it down to make it PG, I will scream. Every single death needs to be as close to the book as possible.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:04 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Oh my God, lets.

Yeah, I liked Gale too, but I just didn't think it was fair that he started making a bunch of stupid moves on her after he watches her make out with Peeta on TV. :/ Plus, Peeta claimed full rights to her when he said he had a crush on her. In my opinion, anyways. :3 So screw Gale. He can have Madge. Even though she's... never mind. Have you finished Mockingjay?

I'd really like to see Clove and Cato die. Really. God, I hated them. XD Not sure if I'd be able to watch Cato's death, though. Kinda... cannibalistic, in a muttation sort of way, y'know?

Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:39 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

The second Gale saw them kiss, he was like, "omg that's not fair i loved her first, even though i never gave the tiniest hint glare glare." It was so disappointing, 'cause he's a lot cooler as a friend. Peeta actually told her (and the whole world) first, and his character is cuter, so he wins.

I haven't read Mockingjay yet, I was waiting for my mom to finish reading it. :S I'm not reading anything now, so I'll start it tomorrow or so.

I hate Cato and Clove. Especially Cato, because his death was so agonizingly slow. I kept turning pages thinking, "Why isn't he fucking dead yet??"

Maybe they could cut the time on his death. I don't want to stare at his barely-alive bloody mess of a body for half an hour, as cool as it sounds.

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Lol! Yeah, I remember when I was at that part. I was thinking, "Okay, hurry and freaking finish him off or something before you both die of hypothermia!" And poor Peeta, I felt so bad for him. *has a quiet fangirl moment* His poor dang leg. l: How are they gonna make Peeta's actor's leg look like a prosthetic leg for a whole two movies? They better not cut it out.

Oh yeah. They way Foxface croaked made me laugh so hard. She got beaten at her own little food stealing game. XD

Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:41 am

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

They could always chop the actor's leg off. /shifty eyes

Or they could make his leg look robotic. Terminator-esque.

I loved Foxface's death the most. At first I was like, "lolwut?" She just died out of nowhere! Then Katniss goes off about the berries and it all became clear. /totally gets the "stealing is punishable by death" message

Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:38 am

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I was expecting Foxfave to be the third tribute left. It would've been cool for Katniss and her to face off. Not sure how/if Katniss could win, though. Foxface was apparently pretty agile. :P

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:20 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Hard to say, since FF specialized in not being seen or heard. She probably wouldn't have fared well with directly approaching Katniss.

Besides Peeta and Katniss, FF is my favorite tribute. Rue comes in a close second.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Who was your favorite tribute out of the series (other than Peeta or Katniss)? Mine was Finnick, mainly because Katniss's first encounter with him features him barely more than naked. XD Plus, this one thing in Mockingjay he does that I find hilarious, but I won't spoil it for you.

Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:32 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Ooh, goodie! Hunger Games!

Peeta is amazing~! I mean, he truely loves Katniss, and come on, the bread boy winning was cute. The whole, "I've loved you since the first day we met," thing made me bawl from the tenderness of the moment.

Katniss...I love/hate her. Love her strength and determination. Hate her faked feelings through half the damn book.

Gale is a douche. No, really. I mean, I loved the whole macho friend thing, and then he starts making the moves on Katniss. Hell no.

Prim/Rose- Both are so adorable! I wanna cuddle with them forever.

Madge is probably my favorite character. I don't know why either. :o

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3184441/Ai_Shiteru_Soul
Read My Zelda FanFiction Here ^ ^ ^
Yup. It's true. I do support ImpaxZelda and MidnaxZelda. The horror!
http://www.fictionpress.com/u/802747/AiShiteruSoul
Read My Original Works Here ^ ^ ^

Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:04 am
Reply to topic   [ 10 posts ]