View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Scariest Book You've Ever Read 

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Do any of you have that one book? That one that just gets under your skin, to the point where you never want to read it again? Let's talk about 'em!

Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:00 am
Profile WWW

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Well I do have one but considering that I don't read much at all from books I thought I should mention it anyways. This book doesn't make me want to never read it again either in fact I want to read it again but I cant because I don't own the book as I borrowed it from my local library. What book was it you ask? It was Dead Space Martyr by B.K. Evenson. It wasn't scary really but it did have its unsettling moments which is expected with the name Dead Space as those games themselves are from the horror genre. I would also like to say that this book is perhaps the first that really gripped me and pulled me in and made me wanting more. To say it shortly, it was the first book that was a page turner for me.

But to get to the point, it was quite unsettling because of the way it captured the atmosphere and unsettling setting of Dead Space and turned it up a notch by making it take place on Earth about 300 years before the original Dead Space game. So this book is a prequel, a damn fine prequel if I do say so myself and what makes it even better is that the main protagonist of this novel is the founder of Unitology, Michael Altman. And by reading this novel it made me forever change my outlook on the religion from the Dead Space universe known as Unitology. I cant quite put it in words on how this novel is unsettlingly scary but I guess it has to do with all the crap Michael Altman has to deal with and in the end, !SPOILER ALERT! he is killed off by Earth Government by putting him in a sealed room with nothing but a spoon to defend himself with a Necromorph made up of three bodies. Needless to say, Altman did NOT survive and his death lead to a Martyr labeling him as the founder of Unitology and what makes this worse is that Altman HATED Unitology.

Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:37 am
Profile WWW

Muah! Goodnight Everybody!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Post Re: Scariest Book You've Ever Read
Read 1984. It's the reality that's scary.

(If it's not scary, nothing is).

To be a gorgeous mink!
La da da da do dol dee!
It's not pretty being me!

Image Image

Thu Apr 04, 2013 4:57 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]