View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:38 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Songs without lyrics 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Sometimes whenever I listen to a song with lyrics I just try to listen to the beat itself. The overall theme and the way the music is put together even if it does have lyrics is quite astonishing. Of course video games and films utilize themes and music that does not consist of lyrics. Usually this is the case but sometimes their can be themes that have lyrics in them. Both work quite well in my eyes but when it comes to games and films, orchestrated music will always hold it's own. It doesn't even have to be fully orchestrated either just look at almost all the Zelda games. Anyways I think I am going off topic a bit...

Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:30 pm
Profile WWW

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

I enjoy instrumentals (I think any song without lyrics is called this) for much the same reasons. I find melody and beat convey feeling far better than words. While sometimes lyrics do add more to the song, I often find myself not paying close enough attention to what they are actually saying.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:43 pm
Profile WWW

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
I find instrumentals really much easier to get completely immersed in.

I really, REALLY have to disagree with you on that one. Why? Because there are A LOT of songs out there that have lyrics that really hit the heart and soul. Maybe because a lot of the music I listen to is Christian rock which is really spiritual in that sense. And no, not EVERY song has to deal with Jesus, God, the Bible, etc. In fact I think lyrics can really hit the listener hard and Christian rock does that to me even if I am not a believer in Christianity.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:55 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Songs without lyrics
Twist wrote:
I disagree because I find lyrics a mental barrier. I can't let the music in because I'm paying attention to the lyrics. I listen to songs like that but I can't feel them. I know that sounds like something completely illogical to expect from me but I can't explain it any other way. No matter how relatable a song is due to its lyrics, I'll never truly appreciate it because I just can't let it in the way I can let an instrumental in.

I wholeheartedly agree with this. When there are lyrics in a song, while they can be great and meaningful, it feels better to have more freedom of what you want the song's meaning to be.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:05 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
I disagree because I find lyrics a mental barrier. I can't let the music in because I'm paying attention to the lyrics.

Really? Wow just wow. I can agree and all but is it really that hard to pay attention to BOTH the lyrics and beat at the same time? That's what I do whenever it comes to listening to a song. Really it has the same impact on me as music without lyrics. Well almost but I am not entirely sure. Really though when you try to listen to both at the same time it can sort of give you the same effect. It's like that for me anyways so it might not be the same with others.

Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:08 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]