View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:56 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Best and Worst Cover Songs 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I'm going to post here just because I know I wont be posting in this thread after this but who really knows? I'm just going to post this cover by Three Days Grace on the song The Chain by Fleetwood Mac. I have listened to the original version of this song and I must say that Three Days Grace's version offers their own voice and feeling to an already great song. It just works and it's a cover that feels right in every way.

Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:01 am
Profile WWW

Black Metal Brony

Black Metal Brony

Oh dear, I'm posting in another ancient thread, but I got things to say and stuff so I shall say it. If it ain't cool then just let me know and I'll take this cyanide capsule and we can be done with it.

Iron Maiden's Hallowed Be Thy Name covered by Machine Head:
This cover was damn good in my opinion. A heavier and more powerful take on this legendary song was very much appreciated in my ears as my music tastes lean more towards that direction, even though I still very much like Iron Maiden's original.

Spoiler HTML code

The songs

Genesis's Land of Confusion covered by Disturbed:
Also really good in my ears. Had never heard the original when I first heard Disturbed's cover, and I honestly didn't care for it much when I did hear it. I love Disturbed's cover though. Then again, I love everything Disturbed does. In Flames did a cover of this song too, and while I like the band in general, I think that cover was kind of poor.

Spoiler HTML code

The songs

Daniel Ingram's I've Got to Find a Way covered by Canapplejack:
Yeah, yeah. Ponies are shit and blah blah blah, but I fucking love this cover. I really loved the song in the show, but it was so short, so when this guy comes out with a 5 minute metal cover of it, well... That was quite awesome. Great use of the vocals, wonderful drums, heavy guitars, and even some piano for good measure. Really good shit, I say.

Spoiler HTML code

The songs

No bad covers really came to mind for me, so just have those I like, okay? :rock:

Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:29 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]