View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 8:54 pm



Reply to topic  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Music and you 
Author Message

Tyranny with a Smile!

User avatar

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 349
Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Age: 21
Gender:
Post Re: Music and you
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
I don't mean to sound rude, but if you're going to just post songs, there's already a thread for that.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=514

Were you talking to me or Omega?

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:08 am
Profile

The Wonderful LPer

User avatar

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:
Image

Image
Usergroup Bars:
Image
Image

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 am
Posts: 6629
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere...
Age: 22
Gender:
Heavy RP Characters: Zeldalord's Minions
Post Re: Music and you
Dr. Dastardly wrote:
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
I don't mean to sound rude, but if you're going to just post songs, there's already a thread for that.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=514

Were you talking to me or Omega?

Pretty much everyone. I wasn't going to bring this up if this thread was much more discussion-based and had little to no posting songs and seeing what people think of it, but we have had more than enough of those threads.

_________________
"I am FEZeldalord12345, and that is a mouthful."
To see my current LP, click on the photo in my signature.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345


Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:11 am
Profile

Tyranny with a Smile!

User avatar

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:38 pm
Posts: 349
Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Age: 21
Gender:
Post Re: Music and you
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Dr. Dastardly wrote:
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
I don't mean to sound rude, but if you're going to just post songs, there's already a thread for that.
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=514

Were you talking to me or Omega?

Pretty much everyone. I wasn't going to bring this up if this thread was much more discussion-based and had little to no posting songs and seeing what people think of it, but we have had more than enough of those threads.

O.K. because for a minute there, I thought you were directing it solely to me. I just thought that since it was a 'music' thread, I might as well introduce one of my favorite artists is all.

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:15 am
Profile

User avatar

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Image

Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:44 pm
Posts: 487
Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
Gender:
Post Re: Music and you
Music to me is something that helps to escape from everyday stress. I just find a nice song that I like, and close my eyes. I can do that for hours. I've also always liked to compose stuff in my head, but I've never bothered to learn any software like FLstudio. I want to, but why bother if I'm not going to take it seriously.
omegabrand2770 wrote:
Lately I've been moving towards less listens to genres like orchestrated. Granted the orchestrated music is remixed from twilight princess (By ZERO) but orchestrated none the less. And me being in Georgia everything is country music and I can't stand country.

I took that same path from ZREO. Now I love to listen to orchestral music of all kinds. I can't stand music like dubstep and rap. My genre preference is kinda bass-ackwards as a result.

{edit}
lol double tap

_________________
A good day seldom gets better.

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.


Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:33 am
Profile WWW

Kawaii incarnate

User avatar

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Image

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 pm
Posts: 567
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 21
Gender:
Post Re: Music and you
So funny to see us talk about orchestral like it is the most normal thing ever (which it is), when thinking about how some friends of mine would react I tell them enjoy listening to it.

And it's really good to see that you all listen to music witthout "only liking it"

_________________
Image

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.


Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:41 pm
Profile

The Wonderful LPer

User avatar

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:
Image

Image
Usergroup Bars:
Image
Image

Joined: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:02 am
Posts: 6629
Location: I am everywhere and nowhere...
Age: 22
Gender:
Heavy RP Characters: Zeldalord's Minions
Post Re: Music and you
Honestly, I'm not a fan of orchestrated music. Generally, it lacks in emphasis and doesn't really feel like it's affecting me like MIDI music does.

_________________
"I am FEZeldalord12345, and that is a mouthful."
To see my current LP, click on the photo in my signature.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345


Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:42 pm
Profile

Kawaii incarnate

User avatar

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Image

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 pm
Posts: 567
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 21
Gender:
Post Re: Music and you
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Honestly, I'm not a fan of orchestrated music. Generally, it lacks in emphasis and doesn't really feel like it's affecting me like MIDI music does.


Nothing weird about not liking it, everyone got different preferences, right? Sadly not many people tend to think this way.

_________________
Image

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.


Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:49 pm
Profile

Dont look here

User avatar

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Image
Usergroup Bars:
Image

Joined: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:27 pm
Posts: 1042
Location: The "nice" trailer
Age: 20
Gender:
Heavy RP Characters: not exactly
Post Re: Music and you
notterribleivan wrote:
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Honestly, I'm not a fan of orchestrated music. Generally, it lacks in emphasis and doesn't really feel like it's affecting me like MIDI music does.


Nothing weird about not liking it, everyone got different preferences, right? Sadly not many people tend to think this way.

If I may interject, I found this person who does violin step. A combo of beautiful orchestrated music, and hardcore dubstep

_________________
Image


Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:55 pm
Profile

Woman of Letters

User avatar

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Image
Usergroup Bars:
Image
Image

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:25 pm
Posts: 985
Location: Everywhere and nowhere more awesomely!
Gender:
Heavy RP Characters: Characters
Post Re: Music and you
I guess the best way to explain what music is would be this:
"But I tend to wonder, how did it all start?
Who found out that nothing can capture a heart
Like a melody can?
Well whoever it was,
I'm a fan.
So I say thank you for music, the songs I'm singing.
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing.
Who can live without it?
I ask in all honesty, what would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me."
That's from Thank You For The Music by ABBA.

Music is a major part of me and I suspect will be a part of my career. I'm usually a really shy person, but in the school choir room I can get so into it that I've heard people say it's like I'm a different person when I sing. I'm often more comfortable with singing in front of a group than talking to one individual.

It's not just songs with lyrics that I love though, I've fallen head over heels for many game themes too. Sometimes really fitting game music can make me envision its setting so well it feels very close to real. It can give me fan fiction ideas.

_________________


Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:00 pm
Profile

Kawaii incarnate

User avatar

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Image

Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:08 pm
Posts: 567
Location: The Netherlands
Age: 21
Gender:
Post Re: Music and you
twilightstarr wrote:
I guess the best way to explain what music is would be this:
"But I tend to wonder, how did it all start?
Who found out that nothing can capture a heart
Like a melody can?
Well whoever it was,
I'm a fan.
So I say thank you for music, the songs I'm singing.
Thanks for all the joy they're bringing.
Who can live without it?
I ask in all honesty, what would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music, for giving it to me."
That's from Thank You For The Music by ABBA.

Music is a major part of me and I suspect will be a part of my career. I'm usually a really shy person, but in the school choir room I can get so into it that I've heard people say it's like I'm a different person when I sing. I'm often more comfortable with singing in front of a group than talking to one individual.

It's not just songs with lyrics that I love though, I've fallen head over heels for many game themes too. Sometimes really fitting game music can make me envision its setting so well it feels very close to real. It can give me fan fiction ideas.


First, thanks for sharing the lyrics, I never really got into ABBA, but this is just beautiful.
It's really amazing what music can do with people, especially with people like you, it can show others that you're more than just you.
Now I'm getting interested, I'd really like to hear something, even more if it's so important to you that you even want to start a carreer with it. But only if you'd like, so don't feel forced or anything. Atleast thanks for thinking about it! ^_^

_________________
Image

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.


Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:14 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 23 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.