View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Zazzle 

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I'm not sure why it took me so long to create this thread, but here goes. Serving as a replacement for our CafePress thread, this will be used to discuss ideas, as well as share designs, for our Zazzle store. As of right now, the only item that is available is the WMB Logo t-shirt. Hey, though, that's why I started this thread. :lol:

Wait! We have LWM's design, too:

Spoiler HTML code

LightWorldMidna Shirt Design

Unfortunately, my computer is still being uncooperative, and won't save any images. If somebody wants to make this design available, let me know, and I'll provide you with the account's log in information, along with the specifics on how to create a shirt. ;)

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:14 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Before anyone tries to put that up, I have a few alterations to make to it first. If someone wants to put it up, I'll send you the image (higher res and such too). If not, I can finish it off and put it up. But there are a few little adjustments yet to be made :3

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:18 pm

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Sounds good. Feel free to just post the picture here, once it's completed. If nobody responds to the thread, offering to put it up on Zazzle, I'll do what I normally do: PM someone, and personally ask them to do it. :P

Tue Sep 11, 2012 8:43 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
I think the current design is a little cramped. I was thinking; move the wmb logo to the back of the shirt, move the blue text down away from the orange wall of twilight and fade the top edge because it currently just cuts off. It looks like the blue text clashes with the background a bit. It's just my opinion though.

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:22 pm
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Prom3theus wrote:
I think the current design is a little cramped. I was thinking; move the wmb logo to the back of the shirt, move the blue text down away from the orange wall of twilight and fade the top edge because it currently just cuts off. It looks like the blue text clashes with the background a bit. It's just my opinion though.

I was having the same thoughts about it. Would I actually be able to put something on the back of the shirt...?

Wed Sep 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
Just checked the designer, and yes, that's affirmative. ;)

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:05 pm
Profile WWW

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Ok, it was suggest by LightWorldMidna that we should put up this poster I made for the initiative up on the WMB zazzle page. If you guys feel like putting it up there please do so.

Here is the link to my poster:http://camarosquid.deviantart.com/#/d5hsy5z

Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:09 pm
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Before we decide to add your poster (which looks fantastic, by the way) to the Zazzle store, I want to make sure that there won't be any legal ramifications for including official images of Midna in one of our store items. I feel like an idiot for even bringing that up, as I feel like I should know the specifics of what can and cannot be featured on Zazzle. -_-

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:19 am
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, earning money on someone else's work is against the law in almost all countries in the world. If reported to authorities, it can result in jail if you're over 15 years old. It's a very serious law and shall be treated as such. So being cautious about it is a good idea.

I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to earn money on that poster without permission from Nintendo? The content was made by Nintendo, so it's judged as stealing until Nintendo states it's not.

Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:56 pm
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

The US Copyright Act of 1976, Section 101, says: "A derivative work is a work based upon one or more preexisting works, such as a translation, musical arrangement, dramatization, fictionalization, motion picture version, sound recording, art reproduction, abridgment, condensation, or any other form in which a work may be recast, transformed, or adapted. A work consisting of editorial revisions, annotations, elaborations, or other modifications which, as a whole, represent an original work of authorship, is a ?derivative work?." A photograph of a copyrighted item is considered a derivative work in US jurisdiction. US Copyright Act of 1976, Section 106: "(...) (T)he owner of copyright under this title has the exclusive rights to do and to authorize any of the following: (...) (2) to prepare derivative works based upon the copyrighted work;"

So basically, if you use a screenshot of a copyrighted work without the proper permission from the copyright holder, it is considered copyright infringement, especially if used for profit intentions. This is because of screenshots being considered derivative works (not original).

Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:26 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next