View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 3:21 am

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 
 TheSkyIsUp's First Manga 

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Hey guys! I decided it's time to show you all a little personal project I've been working on, even though I've only just sketched two pages... Yeah, I was gonna wait until I at least did the line work for these two pages, but just the sketching wore me out, and I wanted a little feedback to keep me going you know? Plus I can correct any mistakes you point out more easily now when it's in the sketch phase than in any other phase. So, place bare in mind that these panels will look much better when I'm through with them!! Very rough sketches we're dealing with here...

I want you to tell me what you think of my plot so far. Also, my drawing style, for what little you can make out.

Anyway I kind of rushed into my explanation... If you haven't guessed from the title of this thread, I am making a manga. And yes, it's about Midna. So a fanfic manga is what this really is. I've been really into the idea of creating manga lately; I want to get good at it. So I thought this would be a good place to start!

Alright, enough talk, please take a look! Right click and hit view image if you can't see the whole thing. They're kinda big pages...

Spoiler HTML code

Page 1

Spoiler HTML code

Page 2

Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:06 am
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Oh, wow. xD I've heard plenty of people suggest that Link join Midna through the portal. Believe it or not, though, I've never thought about Link actually pushing her off of the pedestal. :lol: Very interested to see where this goes.

As for the visuals, even for being rough sketches, these two pages look pretty excellent. I mean, for the moment, Zelda's a little strange-looking, but otherwise, I'm surprised by how well these have turned out.

Seriously, Sky, keep this up! Oh, and other members: show this thread some love, too! :P

Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:43 pm
Profile WWW

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Yeah I've only see him joining her too. But to tell you the truth... this is actually what I wanted him to do when I first saw this scene. If I were Link, I wouldn't want to live in that creepy dark world of Twilight! But I'd also act without thinking and want to keep her with me XD

I'll make sure I give extra attention to fixing Zelda up, but I did just basically scribble her there to show that she will be drawn there XD

That's for the feedback Rare!

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
Idea's good. That's how I thought tp should have ended at least. The detail is currently a bit lacking, but that will probably change in the next phase. Right?
Looks good sky. :)

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:08 pm
Profile WWW

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Prom3theus wrote:
he detail is currently a bit lacking, but that will probably change in the next phase. Right?
Exactly right. This sketch is basically just for me to plan where the actual line art will be. Once It's finished, you'll see a solid looking mirror, the pattern on Link's shield, better clothing and hair. Improvement everywhere. ^_^

Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:12 pm
Profile WWW

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

I shall do my best for the sake of the comedy! Be warned however, due to school and other activities, my rate of progress will probably be quite slow.

Thu Sep 13, 2012 7:15 pm
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Haha, nice stuff, Sky! I really like the way that this has turned out.
I've honestly never thought of Link pushing her, either. I've seen this one picture a couple times on YouTube (that I cant find now :/ ) where Link is kissing Midna as she's leaving, and her legs are already gone, haha.
Keep up the good work, dude.

Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:39 pm

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

I now know why manga artists usually have assistants. It would be so much easier if I had someone else do the line work on these sketches! I mean, I liked doing it myself and all, but there is a fair bit to do even on just these two pages.
So I'm just understanding those manga writers more now. :D

Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:11 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]