View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:42 am

Reply to topic  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Minty Fresh 

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Hey, what about Imp Midna? I suppose if you were going to do her you would have already done it.

Mon May 14, 2012 9:08 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

TheSkyIsUp wrote:
Hey, what about Imp Midna? I suppose if you were going to do her you would have already done it.

I'll do her. *laughs at the wording of that statement*, but yeah. The reason I did Twili Form Midna first was because I got inspired by a picture I saw when I was searching for a nice wallpaper. Hell, since I only have to do a retexture, I could whip her up in about 30mins - an hour. Brb, I gonna make ur minty imp Midna ;)

Tue May 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

SoulofDeity wrote:
I'll do her. *laughs at the wording of that statement*...
Ahaha... that is awkward. :lol:

SoulofDeity wrote:
Hell, since I only have to do a retexture, I could whip her up in about 30mins - an hour. Brb, I gonna make ur minty imp Midna ;)
Then I'll look forward to it! *eagerly waits* :hyper:

Tue May 15, 2012 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

Sorry it took so long, I had to try several different bmd's to find one that worked and reposition the alternate hands / hair hands to their appropriate places. On the upside, this one has a removable mask ^_^

impMidna
freshImpMidna

Notes: There is a slight discoloration of the eye, that's Nintendo's fault :P. From a foot or two away, you can't really tell, but it's not good for extreme closeups. Also, the hair color is white because it's colored through IA channels, I'm gonna saturate this in a few so don't worry about that. Lastly, the markings on her body are missing because they were done through shaders. I'm going to attempt to recreate these as well. Enjoy :D

EDIT:
I just noticed I forgot to softglow the hair, just fixed it and reuploaded, enjoy :D

Tue May 15, 2012 8:06 pm

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

Sup, here's the updated pre-colored/shader-eded imp Midna

impMidna
freshImpMidna

Much better doncha think? To do the shaders, I rescaled the textures for the parts of the body they were supposed to be applied to, saturated the textures for the shaders, set the black color to alpha, and overlayed them.

Last edited by SoulofDeity on Tue May 15, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:06 pm

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Impressive stuff, SoD. Thanks for sharing these!

Tue May 15, 2012 9:20 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

No prob! I actually enjoy doing this. :D

Who knows, I might just make a game with these characters once I've done enough of 'em.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:27 pm

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Oh, you totally should! Keep us posted on that, should you decide to follow through with it. Also, whenever you decide to make your Introduction thread in the "We Want Midna Back" board, definitely include a link to this topic. More people need to see these. ;)

Tue May 15, 2012 9:33 pm
Profile WWW

Visual Communicator

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

SoulofDeity wrote:
Sup, here's the updated pre-colored/shader-eded imp Midna

impMidna
freshImpMidna

Much better doncha think? To do the shaders, I rescaled the textures for the parts of the body they were supposed to be applied to, saturated the textures for the shaders, set the black color to alpha, and overlayed them.
Brilliant! I really like this.
I've been playing around with the idea of making a short game where you play as Midna. I already know how I want the story and how the level will play out and everything, I've just been debating on how they game should like. Should I draw my own sprites and make it 2D? Or should I just used ripped models from the game? Looking at this "minty fresh" version you have made, it's making me wonder if I should maybe I should use it.

Where did you get these models by the way? Could I find arbiter temple in the same place you got these? Some of the enemies too? Thanks!

Anyway, my crazy project idea aside, this models are neat. Good job. ^^

Tue May 15, 2012 9:37 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

Quick note, if you already downloaded this, redownload it. I just noticed that I didn't attach the mask to the armature and updated the links. Anyway, I use sztools, bmdview2, and MaxBMD / kwexport with 3DS Max 9. To port it from 3DS Max to Blender, I export to a valve smd and import it into Blender with the smdtools plugin. Even after they been converted, the often need some work because the textures tend to get mixed up.

It's a little bit of work, and not all models convert successfully, but on the up side it's the best way to rip fully rigged models from TP. Btw, I can you get the entire Twilight Realm or any other map / monster if you want. I haven't tried mint-ing maps yet, I'm kinda curious how they'd turn out myself. :D

EDIT:

Just a note to everyone, I just rescaled all the models to an appropriate size and reuploaded them. The ones from before are still perfectly fine if you don't mind setting the scale yourself in whatever editor you're using, but the rescaled one are there if you want to grab them. All links (including the new Midna) have been put in the first post on this topic. Additionally, I added the shaders to Twili Form Midna, posted the new preview, and updated the link in case you wanna check it out.

Tue May 15, 2012 9:46 pm
Reply to topic   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next