View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 LWM's Digital Art Thread 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, the original looks better. Seeing them side-by-side, the one above looks a bit stretched. Which, in turn, makes the head look larger, thus making the body look smaller. ^^

And bleh, well, maybe some flats at least? Up to you. Still looks great. :)

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:44 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

So far I've made about three attempts on the skin, two on the fabric and two on the eyes, and only the eyes have come out okay. I might just have to cel-shade it instead.

Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:12 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

omg

Ehhhh

Okay so!
A lovely person by the name of Ahkward of deviantART stumbled across my whining about my lack of improvement and sent me a link to a tutorial she thought would help me by PurpleKelecon (I think that's it?) about colour theory and

oh

my god

it worked.

I've learned the colour theory and it heeeelped

Spoiler HTML code

Cia!

I did the basic shading, then experimented with it on the hair, then began from the bottom up. So, the most finished places are the hair and (OOPS) the boobs. I've even managed to get it to work without the lineart in those places... But as of yet the rest looks pants without it so I'm leaving it there for now.

But yeah. That's the good news. I'm also doing an art trade of Midna for someone, which I will be shading in the same way, as time consuming as it may be.

Spoiler HTML code

Midna!

I need to do a lot more on the background before it'll look quite right (need to make it lighter closer to Midna and whatnot), but so far so good.

Also, one last thing (because apparently I've done nothing but art for the last few days), I've been working on character designs for my game, and I'd like some advice.

Spoiler HTML code

Character Designs

First up, Skylar, is the MC, (who was not meant to look so much like Link oops) who fights both melee and magic. Athena and Thistle both fight with just magic. Thistle's race separate the soul from the body and use the soul to cast magic, which is what she's holding there.

Second up is Chrona, the Goddess of Time and Space (looks much better on a pale background, damn). Chrona's design is far more finished than the others.

Baiscally, I'm more or less happy with Chrona's design, but the others look too plain. I don't want them to look too complex either, but I need some advice for getting to that in between area...

Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:28 pm

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Remind me I need to give proper feedback when I return from Mexico. I don't have a ton of time to do so right now.

However, I really love your outfit designs! The style of clothing looks great, but if you think it's too drab maybe add embroidery? A few designs go a long way.

Another thing is maybe mix the hair style up more drastically. A lot of the styles are similar, so it doesn't make the characters look particularly distinctive.

Also, no guys? XD

I love Chrona, though. She looks fantastic. I have no issues with her design. Although that nebula hair sure looks familiar. :P

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:03 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I'll give those things a go. I didn't really put much thought into the hairstyles, to be honest.

As for not doing guys, I just did the girls first because I'm better at drawing them, since, y'know, I can use myself for a reference. Also only one of the guys I need to design is human...

Let's see... There's two females left, a wolf-person and a sorceress. As for the males, there's a human, a harpy, a talking cat and a demon overlord. (sounds like the set up for a really bad joke)

I love Chrona. Her design wasn't meant to be so flashy, but overall she's just a really silly character in the most serious position ever. And surprisingly she's not the cause of all of the mishaps.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 12:22 am

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Spoiler HTML code

More character designs

This is Aarin. He's a bit of an ass. But a nice ass.

It was about time I did some of the male characters, and I just happened to find some good references for this.

Wed Jan 07, 2015 8:26 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Sooo... I decided to try a new way of doing the arts... Really big canvas, really detailed lineart, then instead of starting with base colours, doing it section by section... And it's going really well. Like, really well. I got facial shading right for once!

Spoiler HTML code

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:55 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: LWM's Digital Art Thread
=O
Uh, wow. Just wow. I honestly thought I was looking at one of Nintendo's models of Midna, it's THAT great!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Mar 07, 2015 10:57 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Wow the line art is beautiful and that coloring!!!!! :rave: Its so amazing!!!! Great job LWM! I have no critiques for it so far except maybe fixing the upper lip shape but that's a small fix. Keep up the great work! Look forward to the completed piece.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:58 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
=O
Uh, wow. Just wow. I honestly thought I was looking at one of Nintendo's models of Midna, it's THAT great!

Thanks! :rave: I referenced the official art work a lot for the shading, and it seems to have paid off. It's taking a long time, but boy, it's worth it.
korppi8 wrote:
Wow the line art is beautiful and that coloring!!!!! :rave: Its so amazing!!!! Great job LWM! I have no critiques for it so far except maybe fixing the upper lip shape but that's a small fix. Keep up the great work! Look forward to the completed piece.

Fix how so? I personally am not seeing anything wrong with it, but then again, I hate lips and would rather spend as little time drawing them as possible.

Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next