View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:34 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Spooky's Fan Art 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Edited the post to include some of my more recent art ;)

Hello, all! This is going to be a fairly brief intro... I have a grand total of 2-count 'em-2 pieces of fan art I'm uploading now, but don't worry, I'll start adding more as I go! For as much art as I do, LoZ art is seemingly few... I haven't even taken these two drawings I'll be posting up particularly seriously. Both were speedpaints or doodles. I'll post up something serious later if you guys like what you see!

Edit: Here's the Windwaker-esque Companion image, by the by!

Spoiler HTML code

Link's Companions

Speedpaint of Human Midna. Believe it or not, I'm not really all that happy with this drawing, but people seem to like it. *shrug* The only reason I don't hate it and still post it is that I did this completely without lineart. I went directly into blocking colors!

Spoiler HTML code

This other guy is a Twili OC of mine. I designed AND drew/colored him in all of 30 minutes.

Spoiler HTML code

Here's a better drawing of him (not perfect, but better).

Spoiler HTML code

Here's a tutorial for how I do some of my shading:

Spoiler HTML code

And here's a drawing of the Fused Shadow :)

Spoiler HTML code

Here's a Windwaker-style Midna :3

Spoiler HTML code

Here's a fun one of Linebeck...

Spoiler HTML code

NOPENOPE

Bellumbeck ;)

Spoiler HTML code

Bellumbeck

Enjoy!

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Last edited by Spookypatrol on Sat May 10, 2014 1:44 am, edited 4 times in total.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:14 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Spooky's Fan Art
Spookypatrol wrote:
First: Speedpaint of Human Midna. Believe it or not, I'm not really all that happy with this drawing, but people seem to like it.

I'm not an artist, but the first one is really good! I can see what you mean with parts that you don't like, but personally, I don't think they're THAT big of a deal. As for the second one, he looks interesting. Nothing extraordinary, but it's good.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:20 am

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Spookypatrol wrote:
First: Speedpaint of Human Midna. Believe it or not, I'm not really all that happy with this drawing, but people seem to like it.

I'm not an artist, but the first one is really good! I can see what you mean with parts that you don't like, but personally, I don't think they're THAT big of a deal. As for the second one, he looks interesting. Nothing extraordinary, but it's good.

Well, I'm glad people like it overall. Again, it's pretty hard to go directly into blocking colors, especially if you're *used* to just using lineart, so that's why I don't completely hate on it and still display it. I may go back and just fix the parts I don't like so I can actually come up with something that has effort put into it, heh.

As for the second guy, I intended to keep him simple. I didn't want to over-adorn him, so he fits more between the adorned "royal" Twili (Midna, Zant) and the commoner Twili, which pretty much have no clothes (unless you consider the black parts of their body clothes) and are fairly simplified and stylized. So yeah, he was also technically a doodle, since I came up with his design, did his lineart, and his flat colors in 30 minutes, which is fairly quick for digital art... at least when I do it. I feel he'd be a lot more badass and appreciated if I full-on shaded him and gave him a more interesting pose :P

Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:33 am
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Oh yes, before I forget, I am willing to open this thread up for ART REQUESTS, but under the condition that you guys don't totally abuse me.

IE: If the request is something that will directly benefit this site, then yeah, I'm all for helping out graphically, and I'll take the request very seriously. If it's something just really silly that you guys want to see, it'll probably be a half-assed doodle :P

I'm up for drawing characters for people as well, but they likely won't be hardcore detailed because I really don't have the time to be placing epic amounts of detail in non-commissioned art, to be frank.

I am *totally* up for art trades though if anyone is interested!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:35 am
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Phew. Only reason I'm up so late is that I decided to finish off this Fused Shadow drawing. Enjoy!

If you guys want the full image (this one is drastically scaled down) let me know. You're all welcome to use this image for whatever you'd like, if you want to!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:59 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

That fused shadow looks awesome :) I'd be open to doing an art trade with you, if you're interested in my work (which I doubt - it's nothing to write home about). I'd really like to know how you do shading and highlighting and the likes, because I've never done very well with those. I mean, it's not like I've stopped trying, but I have to go back to cel-shading to get a piece looking half decent... :/

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:25 am

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Spooky's Fan Art
LightWorldMidna wrote:
- it's nothing to write home about

says our resident badass who made the mirror of twilight. :rock:

Oh and spook, these look phenomenal! I dont know any artistic terms, but your line work is extremely complemented by the blurs used, I love the style!

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:36 am

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

omegabrand2770 wrote:
LightWorldMidna wrote:
- it's nothing to write home about

says our resident badass who made the mirror of twilight. :rock:

That's not really art, par se. I find engraving mirrors a heck of a lot easier than art - especially digital art.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:52 am

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

@LWM: Nonsense, I'd love to do an art trade with you! It's funny, you want to know my digital techniques, yet I'd love to know how you do glass-etchings ^_^

I'll write up some tutorials for ya, or mayhaps do a video :3 I have a good like, 4 different styles I use for coloring and shading though. I'll post up some examples for you. Which of these styles would you like me to more or less show you?

First style would be the way I've done the Fused Shadow, and the mask in my siggy and in my avatar.

Next style would be the one used in the Human Midna sketch I posted up here.

Next style would be this one (pardon him, he's an OC for a graphic novel I'm working on, and I haven't actually finished his concept art because I'm a lazyass... Everything above his belt is done.):

Spoiler HTML code

Next style would be this one:

Spoiler HTML code

Those pretty much constitute my 4 basic styles... So which would you like a tutorial of sorts for? (I'll forgive you if you say all of them, but I'd rather you narrow it down a bit :P)

@Omega: Thanks so much! I'm hoping to post up some fanart that isn't super-lazyass soon, haha.

Also I fixed the proportions on the Fused Shadow, because I made it way too tall and narrow for some reason... that's what I get for eyeballing proportions. Thankfully it was an easy fix. I really just had to squish it down a bit. I'll post up the fixed version later.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:51 pm
Profile WWW

Kawaii incarnate

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

Those last two look incredible! Really like your style (s) and if I got to choose the one for the tutorial, then I would go for the last one. ^_^
And stop saying you're a lazyass, when looking at all your art it seems that put alot of time in it. That's defenitely the opposite!

Countless choices define our fate, for the future is never truly set.

Cheers.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next