View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Anyone still here? 

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Oh jeez! So on Twitter, there's this "online genealogy" meme going around where people name the places they were most active on in a timeline. And I remembered that inbetween my bizarre Neopets phase and the never-to-be-mentioned Tumblr phase, I was all over this place!!

I figured it wouldn't be as active as it used to be, but I didn't think it would be THIS dead! I thought it would at least pick up for a second because of Breath of the Wild (which was fuckin' amazing by the way). I'm so saaad :( I knew this day would come eventually, but it's so bizarre to see it actually happen.

The worst part is, I was never able to find another forum I loved as much as this one. I thought I'd just grow into a new one but all are either dead or so massive that no one really becomes close except those who are buddy-buddy with admins or anyone there since day one (*cough* KHInsider *cough*). Plus Nintendo fans have grown into hateful man-children who are simultaneously scared of and completely obsessive over girls apparently. So there's that.

I KNOW NO ONE IS GOING TO REPLY TO THIS I JUST WANTED TO COME BY AND BE LIKE DAMN BECAUSE THIS IS SO WEIRD AND SAD AND AAAAAAAAAAAa

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:02 am

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Reimeille wrote:
I KNOW NO ONE IS GOING TO REPLY TO THIS I JUST WANTED TO COME BY AND BE LIKE DAMN BECAUSE THIS IS SO WEIRD AND SAD AND AAAAAAAAAAAa

Can I just correct you on that? Yeah, the place is dead, but most of the people that were active near the end are still together. Not necessarily on this forum though.

The group consists of me, Fez Spooks, Light, Korppi8, and other people you'll come to be friends with, should you join.

Funny how a few minutes ahp I was reminiscing about WMB being excited for Midna in HW around three years ago, and Fez checks up and sees that you posted! :rave:

We miss you!

Edit: Spoiler HTML code

Screenshot

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum.

Last edited by TwiliChaos on Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:21 pm
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Long time no see, Rei! There must be something in the water -- I just randomly felt compelled to check in on the forum. :P Yeah, I've continued to pay the annual fee to keep this place up mostly for posterity's sake. I mean, I'll always update the main page whenever any major Zelda news is released, but the forum's virtually impossible for me to manage these days.

Still, just typing this post up and looking at those emoticons has me all nostalgic. You should totally join the Skype chat Chaos mentioned. Shoot either of us a PM if you're interested and we'll invite you to it!

Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I'd hate to make a short post, or do anything in all caps, but
REI, PLEASE NOTICE US SENPAI
Edit 6/14: CAN YOU SAY HI EVEN?

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum.

Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:47 pm
Profile WWW

Web Wizard

Web Wizard

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Chances that my post will be noticed are small apparently...

TwiliChaos wrote:
Edit 6/14: CAN YOU SAY HI EVEN?

Well, I can, HI! :rave:

Reimeille wrote:
I figured it wouldn't be as active as it used to be, but I didn't think it would be THIS dead! I thought it would at least pick up for a second because of Breath of the Wild (which was fuckin' amazing by the way). I'm so saaad :( I knew this day would come eventually, but it's so bizarre to see it actually happen.

This is as sad as Midna shattering the mirror :'(

Reimeille wrote:
The worst part is, I was never able to find another forum I loved as much as this one.

Totally aggree.

These last years have been very rough for me, but I'll never forget this place, or the people in it. I'm little shocked seeing the ammount of posts being 2016 or 2015. But I guess nothing is eternal, except my love for Midna :blink: and this forum along with you guys, that eased my suffering back in a while.

I'm feeling nostalgic, wanting to see my older posts, but that would break my heart again I'm afraid :3

Just passed here to tell that I love you all, Midna, and...

Well, that was just weird O.O :P

MY gosh these emoticons how I miss them DX :hyper: :shy: I miss everything

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:12 am
Profile WWW

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Foxtrot813 wrote:
Chances that my post will be noticed are small apparently...

I lurk erry day. I was just about to make a new thread, actually, and went to refresh the Active Topics page to see that you posted! At least there's some activity, more than in the past, eh, year. Let's try to revitalize it!

Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:59 am
Profile WWW

Web Wizard

Web Wizard

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

As much as I want this place to be active again (and being active with it), it'll be hard to see the shining ol' days again. There's an interesting thread that MaximumRide created, but will be difficult to achieve what she proposed.

If you have an idea, I suppose we could give it a shot. Even if it is just for one day, at least it'll be cool to see the members together again! :P

Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:55 am
Profile WWW

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

REIIIII WE MISSED YOOOOUUUU <3

I am also very upset that you would post this and then disappear into the abyss again. You're going to have to make up for that by talking to us all forever~

Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:59 pm

~Dez Chilli~

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

There really must be something in the water because I come on here again and see for the first time in forever there are active topics! I'm so excited to see you guys back on here again! I feel the same way about this place, out of all the sites I was active on years ago (zwinky, club penguin, etc don't judge XD) this was my absolute favorite! My heart breaks every time I come on and see the most recent post was 2 years ago.

So talk! How is breath of the wild? I haven't had the chance to play it yet !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sun Jul 02, 2017 4:25 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

MaximumRide wrote:
So talk! How is breath of the wild? I haven't had the chance to play it yet !

Hm hm... That's a heavy topic. I have a lot of opinions about it. Do you want to make a thread for it? Because I could talk about it for hours, lol.

Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:03 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next