View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Aug 17, 2018 6:45 pm

Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Twilight Princess through Midna's eyes 

The boy who speaks in Dragontongue

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Post Twilight Princess through Midna's eyes
As the title states, I am redoing the whole game through Midna! It will not all be boring old REGULAR dialogue, but some unseen fit for Midna! Here we go!

I sighed. Another shadowy day of Imphood....Thanks, Zant...., I thought to myself. Suddenly, there was a commotion down on the ground. A shadow creature had hold of a teenage boy. I could see the boy struggling against the Twili transformation. Suddenly, his hand flashed....
The sacred power? Here?
The shadow creature let go of the boy, tossing him, where he landed, facedown in the dirt. With a yell, he transformed into a wolf. I blinked, then grinned. I had found my beast. I quickly flitted through Castle Town, hiding wherever I could. With great effort, I pushed the great wood doors open. I quickly made my way down to the Castle dungeons. I soon found the wolf's cell. I turned invisible, and watched with some amusement him trying to eat his chain off. It was time, I decided, for some fun. I landed, visibly, on the floor. He heard me. He stared at me. I stared at him with your basic "unimpressed" look. Then I nodded, and smiled. "I found you!" I exclaimed. He started growling, thinking me an enemy. "Ooh! Aren't you scary!" I said, shaking my head in mock fear. "Eee hee! Are you sure you want to be doing that? Snarling and glaring at me? Well, that's too bad... I was planning on helping you...if you were nice." He looked stunned for a moment. Then he sat. "Eee hee! That's much better! You humans are obedient to a fault, aren't you? Oops! But you AREN'T a human anymore, are you?", I said, patting his chin. " You're a beast!" He growled and snapped at my leg, but I pulled it away quick. "Eee hee! There, there. You be a good boy and calm down. No need to bite!" I grinned, then lost the grin. A look of concentration came over me. At the base of my stomach, a black ball of energy was charging up, pink ribbons of power woven in. I spread my hands, and his chain shattered. Well, I couldn't break the ankle part. He looked stupefied. "You look kind of surprised! Eee hee hee! So! I bet you're wondering, where exactly are we?! Well, I'll make you a deal. If you can get over here, maybe I'll tell you! Eee hee!" I yawned and stretched, feeling sure that he would be a while.

That boy had been the Founder of the infamous Hotel. Seventeen, a lone sorcerer, and he had built the safehaven with no money, history, or support whatsoever. Not much was known about the boy himself, other than he didn't live in the Hotel he built. He lived in the forest...somewhere. No one could ever find it, and they had to ask a dragon to take any messages they had for him. But dragons knew. Dragons knew all about the boy.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:38 am
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Post Re: Twilight Princess through Midna's eyes
I laughed as he tried ramming his head against the bars. "Hee hee! What are you DOING? You'll never do it THAT way..." He tried digging at at the brick."You can't dig through solid brick...", I said, rolling my eyes. "Come on! What's the matter with you? Get over here, now! If you can't force your way out, why don't you see if there's some kind of hole you can squeeze through? I mean, places like this are always full of holes, right?" He scented the air, trying to smell vulnerable dirt. He went over to the wooden box and smashed it with his skull. I nodded, indicating the space between the floor and the bars. He climbed under and through, but I was invisible. I appeared and landed on his back. "Hmph! I guess you're not completely stupid after all! Listen, I like you, so I think I'll get you out of here.", I said, leaning across his back. I took his ear and pulled it back so he could hear me. "But in exchange for my help, you have to do EXACTLY as I say!" I let his ear go. "If you need anything from me, just bark! So, are we all clear? Good. Now, come on! Get moving!"
I dug my heels into his sides to get him moving. He started to go to the second cell. We saw a chain there. "Huh? What's that? Hmm. Start jumping. After that,... Well, you'll figure it out. Hee hee!"

That boy had been the Founder of the infamous Hotel. Seventeen, a lone sorcerer, and he had built the safehaven with no money, history, or support whatsoever. Not much was known about the boy himself, other than he didn't live in the Hotel he built. He lived in the forest...somewhere. No one could ever find it, and they had to ask a dragon to take any messages they had for him. But dragons knew. Dragons knew all about the boy.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 9:37 am
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

He soon got it, but afterwards I wish he hadn't, because he started jumping around like a maniac. He eventually caught it, but I definitely had some dizziness going on there. I shook myself to get rid of it. When he pulled the chain,the door opened, but it was faulty. It opened just enough to let us through. Although I had to get down to keep my Fused Shadow from scraping against the ceiling. I saw a whitish blue ball of flame up ahead, and smiled. He was about to discover a new skill. "Oh... Well, well... Eee hee hee! Want to see something interesting? You're a beast! You should know what to do! Hone your senses and poke around..." I said, seeing with some satisfaction his eyes dilute until they were black. I was able to JUST hear what the spirits said, although I could barely see the soldier.
"Huff... Huff... Can't...run...any...farther... That's...far enough...right? I'll be safe here...I think... What was that noise?! Don't... Don't anything come near me!" I rolled my eyes. Because that's how shadow creatures work. Tell them to leave you alone and they will. Riiiiiiight... As his eyes turned back to sky blue, he walked away. As he did, I told him, "That was a soldier's spirit. Do you know where we are yet? Oh well..." Just then, we heard a hissing sound, and a Twili rat appeared from a chamber. "I doubt you're used to your new body yet, so I'll just tell you... Think about how you fought enemies in your human form... Just because your shape has changed doesn't mean your instincts have as well!", I said, grinning a bit, as he didn't quite get it. He bit the rat and it hissed, then it slowly stopped fighting. I saw, a little sad, seeing it die. Just like the rest of the world, if Zant continues to reign... I thought. I saw him shake the rat a few times, and aloud I said, "It's dead. Let it go, already." I watched sadly as it fell, bursting into Twili squares. I shook myself, and said "There are two more spirits, I think, in this sewer. They probably won't have anything useful to say, but if you want to, you can." And he did, but all they had to say was something about the Twili rats. There was a closed gate up ahead, but there was a detour. I rematerialized on the other side, saying "This way! Over here! I'll be waiting for you, but you'll have to help yourself for a change!" I was glad to have dried off, because he kept on jumping into the disgusting water, getting me soaked.

Last edited by DragonManipulator372 on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:17 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

He wandered around a bit, me laughing inside all the while. Eventually, he found the correct chain to lower the water. Now it was just a matter of FINDING the detour. He sniffed around a bit, eventually finding it. Once again, I landed on his back out of thin air, saying "Eee hee! Awww, did the detour tire you out, little wolf? By the way... Are you honing your senses like you should? It looks like the spirits in here... They're all soldiers. Where in the world could we be? Eee hee! You want out of here, right? OK! We're off!" I said. The next chamber was a spiral staircase. He started to walk up. When we came to a broken part, he jumped trying to get to the next part. However, it crumbled beneath his and my combined weight. We fell into the water below. "Ugh...What are you doing?" I said, trying to wring out my hair. "I just got dry, too." He had a wild gleam in his eye when we got back up. I could tell he was poised to jump, but I grabbed his ears before he could. I felt like I had actually accomplished something with him....finally. "I guess I have to do EVERYTHING for you... I'll guide you to the sure footing, so just follow me. Keep jumping. If you don't make it, I'll solidify the Twili under you so you can hop on.", I said, rolling my eyes at how dumb he was being. I flew to the next ledge with a giggle. Meanwhile, my hair had twisted into a hand, beckoning him foreward.

Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:37 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

((Okay WOW. This post is way overdue. Sorry to have kept you waiting, fellow, Twilit spirits. >.< ))

Slowly, but Oh so SLOWLY! we managed to get to the top. "So... You know where we are yet? Eee hee! Well...if you get to that window, you might figure it out!" I pointed, and guided him. We jumped and jumped and eventually....."So, we were finally able to get out. And look at the sky! Isn't the black cloud of twilight looking beautiful today?Do you know where this is? You STILL don't know? Eee hee hee! Look, there's someone I want to introduce you to...but I'll need you to go to that tower to do it!" I said, pointing again. We started moving and ran into a few birds. Giant ones. He stepped back, and I was a little surprised at this after seeing him take those rats down. I felt a tiny bit bad for him, so I petted him and reassured him: "Everything's fine. Hey, it's fine. We can take these dopes. C'mon, sic em! And he leapt up with a snarl. Now that was my wolf boy. In two minutes flat they were dead. We made our way across the roof, killing off another bird. I noticed how sizable his shadow was. Perhaps.....

We entered the tower, and went up the stairs. He pushed the door aside.

Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:29 pm
Profile WWW

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

From what I've seen around here, this is a pretty frequently-used "genre" of Midna fan writing. That said, I'm really diggin' this so far. Just from reading these first few chapters(?), I feel like you're characterization of Midna is pretty spot-on. Please, continue this.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:19 am
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
hm. how did I miss this? I'm still burned out from reading other fan-fics so I'll get to this some other time. I'm looking forward to it, at least it's gonna be different from the others. :)

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:19 am
Profile WWW

a silent person

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

About this post, I like it and please continue it, Dragon.

Last edited by majinimp on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:17 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
majinimp wrote:
Yeah, we will be waiting for your fan fics, 3minutesofangle.

*confused*
I said that I'd read it when I could, not that I'm writing one. I'm no writer.

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:24 pm
Profile WWW

Regularly Exquisite

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

DragonManipulator372 wrote:
"Ugh...What are you doing?" I said, trying to wring out my hair. "I just got dry, too."

You seriously have her character spot on. I'm diggin this fic.

Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:05 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next