View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:38 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 The Festival of the Mirror 

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I thought I'd show you guys another one of my fanfictions ^_^

This fic is based on Twilight Princess, unlike some I've written. I haven't written much yet, but I've received some pretty positive feedback on it, so I decided it was probably decent enough to show here.

'The Festival of the Mirror' is set a few hundred years after the end of Twilight Princess and follows a different generation's Princess Zelda. With a grandfather who insists upon fantastical miracles happening in real life, and her parents both having died several years before, Zelda is not the most princessly, nor biggest fan of the Festival. The festival, which became a tradition of Hyrule after it's creation by the Great Princess Zelda of the Twilight Era to console the Hero of Twilight, in her opinion, shouldn't have continued past the mysterious disappearance of the Hero only years after the festival had begun. But, even so, Zelda has inherited the very piece that the Hero of Twilight gave to the Great Princess Zelda before he disappeared. And if that were to be the very last piece, would she fix the mirror?

Spoiler HTML code

Chapter 1

Spoiler HTML code

Chapter 2

Spoiler HTML code

Chapter 3

Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:12 pm

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I have often entertained the idea that the Twili's return would take place in an era long after the events of Twilight Princess. Your representation of this period of time definitely feels authentic, as it reminded me of Fi's quote:

"The oral tradition. One of the least reliable methods of information retention."

Seeing as how Link and Zelda were the only ones who witnessed Midna's departure, it would make sense that the people of Hyrule would build an even more complicated myth around the mirror's destruction. Additionally, I am glad that you chose to center this story around a Zelda who, while being a critical thinker, desperately wants to rekindle that hope that she had as a child.

So far, I am really impressed with how this is coming along. Thanks a ton for sharing this, as I'm genuinely excited to see where this goes. :D

Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:36 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]