View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:27 am

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Midna Diaries 

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

So this idea came randomly in my head: what if Midna had kept a sort of diary during her adventures in TP? What would she write about? Well this is what I would imagine one of her entries would be like. This would be near the beginning of the game so remember she was a bit bossy and what not.

This world...it's so different from ours. The light is so harsh. Its hard to get used to. The Twilight is so much better. I have just recently helped a poor Hylian boy (well wolf at the time) out of Hyrule's castle dungeon. I will have to say while the boy has promise, he is so darn quiet! Not only that but we have to go get him some sort of weapon for when I get him back into Hylian form. To think he is just a farm boy and has never even been to Castle Town before. Didn't even know where we were...Yet he did show a bit of bravery in the dungeons and he was not changed into a soul when brought into the Twilight. Instead, he turned into a wolf....he must be the divine beast our legends speak of. Perhaps he can help me get the fused shadow completed and then this whole nightmare will be over...I'll be myself again. Zant will pay for what he did to me and our people. Hopefully this boy..Link was it? can help me get what I need. For now I'm stuck as his shadow, just guiding him along. Better not mess up. For now, I can only hope everything goes according to plan.

If anyone likes this, I could do some other entries. Other than that, tell me what you think. I'm open to comments and suggestions.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:42 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Midna Diaries
This is interesting! It's nice to see a portrayal of Midna's inner thoughts throughout the game. I don't really have too much to comment on. You're already doing a great job. My only complaint is that Midna doesn't seem too witty in these entries, but at the same time it's understandable because, well, if this is meant to be a diary then I would imagine her just venting out personal feelings. Regardless, I'm looking forward to more! ^_^

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:53 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Thanks! I would not even know how to portray Midna as witty in a diary but perhaps I could try (very good point). Also since I am not sure when the best points in the game are for these entries, I will be picking plot turning points though if anyone wants a specific point of the game, just ask. For now, I'll do them in order. Also this is mostly coming from memory so please let me know if I got something wrong.

....How could I be such a fool?! As soon as Link had gathered of the fused shadow for me, Zant comes out of nowhere. That traitor tossed the fused shadow like it was garbage! Not only that but he claims his magic is from his "god," not our own "pathetic magic" as Zant refers to. Where did he get this power? He took the fused shadow, put some sort of...thing....into Link's head that has him permanently as a wolf, and....I almost died. Zant exposed me to Lanayru's light, the most excruciating pain I have ever felt. Everything was ending, I was finished. I had failed my people miserably. Then...Link, even when he was in beast form, took me to Zelda. I had hoped to at least help Link and Zelda save our world with information of the Twilight Mirror...but Zelda some how knew who I was and sacrificed herself for my life. Now I live with Zelda trapped somewhere in Hyrule castle, guarded by some sort of magic barrier. I do not deserve this second chance, not after how badly I treated Zelda and Link. I thought Zelda was weak. Now I only have the highest respect for her. We are now off to find some magic sword in Faron woods that should help Link get rid of the evil magic Zant did to him. After that, my only goal is to see Zant defeated and save both our world and the light world. After the bravery and sacrifice Zelda and Link showed me...I have to do what ever it takes to return everything back to the way it was. I owe them that much. I am sure we can do it, Link and I. For being so quiet, he is a great companion and a great hero for sure. Even if he is just a farm boy. Still I wish he would at least hold a conversation, I feel like I do all the talking.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:38 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Midna Diaries
korppi8 wrote:
I will be picking plot turning points though if anyone wants a specific point of the game, just ask. For now, I'll do them in order.
(insert Midna's Desperate Hour here)

Funny that you bring up now, because I think there was a lot more before MDH that you could've done, namely Midna's conversations at the end of the dungeons. Those are moments where her character does start to slowly develop.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:43 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Yeah I was thinking that but I may need to re-watch some of the game to remember exactly how she changed. I want to make sure these entries follow the game as much as possible. I was having a hard time remembering the exact details after each dungeon for the first half of the game. Perhaps I could squeeze those in later today. Also, these entries do not have to be all mine. If anyone wants to join in or anything, its fine by me.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:51 pm
Profile WWW

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Okay so I reviewed the ending of the forest temple. Not a whole lot of stuff to go on but lets see how it goes.

Finally, I have another piece of the fused shadow. I guess that Hylian boy is not so helpless as I thought. Still he is quite naive and he is constantly asking for my help. He even got his lantern stolen by a monkey! What an idiot...this is the light world's hero? A boy who gets his stuff stolen by monkeys. We even had to go help the said monkey free her friends and knock some sense into their leader. Can nobody figure out their own issues? Sheesh. I guess I shouldn't complain, they did help us get to the fused shadow. Anyway we are in the Twilight again near the light spirit Eldin. Ah the twilight is so much better than the light. Frankly I am a little sad that we have to help the light spirit if it means more harsh light that is considered normal for these light dwellers. But if it must be done in order to get the fused shadows, then I guess I'll help these light dwellers. Still I find Link better as a wolf. Those old green clothes make him look silly and he is much easier to manage as a wolf. Oh what he would do without me? He would be helpless in the Twilight in my opinion. He can't even defeat the shadow beasts without my help. I'll give him credit though, he did manage not to get killed by that huge plant thing. Granted he had help from that monkey. Let's see if this Hylian boy can get me the other pieces.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:46 pm
Profile WWW

WMB Gravekeeper

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

There was a part where Midna commented on how Zelda did not choose to be a princess, and how Midna does not wish harm upon her. Try to relate that to her own position as a (usurped) princess.

She said that somewhere between Death Mountain and collecting light for Lanayru, I forgot where.

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. DnDarknuts, a Zelda-based roleplay forum.

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:57 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]