View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:58 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Official Graphics Contest Voting and Submission Thread 

Poll Closed until next contest End
BAWWWW 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
;-; 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
NEW CONTEST PLZ 50%  50%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 4

Official Graphics Contest Voting and Submission Thread 

Here today, Maybe tomorrow...

Bearer of the Triforce

Bearer of the Triforce

Post Official Graphics Contest Voting and Submission Thread
This Thread has been Hijacked by DaKing9

0.0 - Rules For Submitting
-0.1 - Dimensions
1.0 - Updates & Notices
-1.1 - Updates
-1.2 - Notices
2.0 - Contest Archive
-2.1 - April 2009 Submissions
-2.2 - May 2009 Submissions

0.0 - Rules for Submission
As of 05/15/2009:
•Each Entrant may submit only ONE ENTRY PER CONTEST unless otherwise specified by the current contest's host.
--You may create as many entries as you like, however, only one can be submitted for voting purposes.
•Anyone can enter.
--Even you.
---Yep.
•Submissions for the contest will end at 11:59 Pacific Time on the day specified by the current contest host, unless otherwise specified. If a date is not specified, submissions will be disallowed for the contest Thirty One days after a theme has been selected.
--That means, by default, a contest will end a month later and at the very end of the day (for most of us), but the host can choose when and at what time.
•The ONLY reason someone should post in this thread is if they are submitting, resubmitting or changing an entry to the current competition. All questions regarding anything else about the signature competition should be made at the Official Graphics Contest Discussion Thread.
•When a new host selects a theme, they have Twenty Four Hours to change that theme, and One Week to specify on what they want related to the theme.
--So, if you (the host) chose Hot Dogs one day, you can change it to Hamburgers on the same day. Within that same week, you can describe that you do not want the hot dog to have mustard, but you cannot change it to a hamburger after twenty four hours have passed.
•Polls will run for Two Weeks after all entries have been cast. After two weeks, results will be compared to determine the winner and runners up. The winner becomes the host of the next competition and will receive a new rank or color. See the Contest Updates for more information regarding the prize.
--In the case of a poll tie, the tied participants will be put into a Three Day poll featuring only them. In the case of Four or More entrants tying, the results will be determined by a "tree" style set of polls, with each round lasting two days.
•Naturally, it's not unknown that a person can win twice. In the event that a Contest Host has succeeded in taking the prize twice consecutively (or more if they're just that awesome), he or she or it will receive the rank of Graphics Aficionado with no if's, and's or but's. However, that person may give theme selection abilities and hosting priority to another entrant in the contest. In the event that the person does not wish to be host a second time in a row, but does not select a person or theme, the ability will be given to the First Runner Up to do so.
•Your entry into the contest MUST meet the requirements set by the contest host to be considered for entry into the poll.

-0.1 - Dimensions

As of 07/01/2009 (does not affect previous FINAL FANTASY and LEGEND OF ZELDA competitions)-
Dimensions are the size of your image. The Competition is usually extremely lenient about this sort of thing. By default, these are the maximum dimensions:
Signatures: 700x500 Maximum
Wallpapers: 1920x1050 Maximum
Banners: 1050x600 Maximum
Addons: 250x250 Maximum
There are no limits for how small an object submitted can be. A host can decide to change the limits on the size of all entries, but cannot give people individual limitations (because that's cheating :P ). If your entry does not fit within these size requirements, it will not be considered for entry into the competition.

If it's too big though, just resize the confounded thing. It's not that hard, and takes seconds. Note that these given dimension standards are based on the commonly accepted "widthxheight ratio by PIXELS. Try not to mix those up.

1.0 - Updates & Notices

-1.1 - Updates

14/04/09- If you win, we assume you get the Graphics Aficionado Rank, a rank devised specially for this contest. If you're too embarrassed to wear the rank, or just plain can't, you can request a custom name color from an Administrator. PM them for details.

-1.2 - Notices

DaKing9 won the previous signature contest, and is now the new host. His selected theme is "Toasters," in which each submission must be either a signature, avatar, or set of both depicting the user's favourite toaster, or just a pretty one.

Given Rules for Contest (as of 13/04/09):
Rules:

Spoiler HTML code

Yes, Toasters - DaKing9

2.0 - Contest Archive

Spoiler HTML code

-2.1 April 2009 Submissions

Spoiler HTML code

-2.2 May 2009 Submissions

Spoiler HTML code

-2.3 August 2009 Submissions

Spoiler HTML code

-2.4 November 2010 Submissions

Last edited by Shotaku on Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:39 am, edited 28 times in total.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:08 pm

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Post Re: Graphics Contest Voting and Submission Thread w/ ImageIndex
Please note!
This thread is not to be used for conversation involving the signature contest that Want Midna Back holds. This thread is to be used SOLELY for Submissions and Voting to and for the contest, respectively.

If you would like to discuss any aspect of the signature contest or have any questions regarding the contest, theme or rules, please either post in the Graphics Contest Discussion Thread or PM the Contest Host or a moderator, such as yours truly.

Current Contest Host:
MIDNA'S HERO

All posts outside of these first two and submissions in this thread will be DELETED or MOVED to the discussion thread if deemed relevant.

NO BLOODY EXCEPTIONS (or even exceptions that are a bit soiled!).

Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: Kent, England, Great Britain, Europe, Earth, Sol, The Milky Way.
Post Re: Official Graphics Contest Voting and Submission Thread
Someone voted for mine? Thanks, mystery voter! Wow, I really need to practice this, those others are amazing! I think mine against the others holds up as do Disney plastic wrapped pop 'stars' against, err, anyone with an almost functional set of vocal chords and a one stringed £12 guitar.

i
Wiggle wiggle wiggle go the tongues of the organs
Licking the face of the man they call old
His hands have seen many an organ.
And his face many a tongue.
I need a rhyme to finish this off.
Or I could be edgy, not rhyme and be bold.

Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:57 pm

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Four entries? I believe I can see five actually. Erm... Four picture, five links, and five small boxes you can vote on. O.O

Edit: No, wait... Now i'm confused. Is it four links, four pictures, and five voting boxes? Or am I seeing things again? <_<
Can someone maybe clear up some things here for me?

Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:13 pm
Profile WWW

Here today, Maybe tomorrow...

Bearer of the Triforce

Bearer of the Triforce

Kind of a mishap, there are supposed to be 4 but the picture and the link ended up on different lines so it made one, so ignore the link only option. Now anything else you need to say can be said in the OGC discussion.

Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:34 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]