View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:15 am

Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
 Studebaker Hawk 

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Our bandcamp page: http://studebakerhawk.bandcamp.com/

Spoiler HTML code

Videos

Spoiler HTML code

Recordings

Art:

Spoiler HTML code

D. Amph. - Front Cover

Spoiler HTML code

D. Amph. - Back Cover

Spoiler HTML code

D. Amph. - Insert

Spoiler HTML code

Gig Flyer - Head Eating Moon

Spoiler HTML code

Gig Flyer - Fedora Stab

Spoiler HTML code

Gig Flyer - Destroy Reality

Spoiler HTML code

The Cathedral art

This post will be updated as new things happen or a few days later when I feel like it.
---------------------------------------------

I know, this is a shameless plug, but I figured somebody might want to see some of the stuff I play (with a band). Not to mention I was in the mood for a little self-promotion. Yes, we are Studebaker Hawk, and this is the Edgewater High School Battle of the Bands (no, we don't go there) December 8 of last year. Yes, we have a banjo player.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wb6NAyOGoYM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4ASO7uXyWXg
http://youtube.com/watch?v=iFFQake9gc0

If you didn't know already, I play guitar and trombone, and I'm the only one in the group who really cares at all about Zelda, if it matters to anyone.

And no, we didn't win. But we should have. Anyone who disagrees is dumb.

BONUS QUESTION: What album did Mr. Green Genes originally appear on? The first one to get it right gets 1,000,000 points (You'd better brush up on your Frank Zappa trivia)

Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:38 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Hahah! Just found time to watch these, and I'm glad I did :lol: . I loved the Frank Zappa cover, and the third part cracked me up :) . You guys have got good cohesion going, and a good beat, which is tough for a young band. Kudos to you and your bandmates, and...hey, if you ever get to recording and need a keyboardist, I'm your man :P .

I haven't seen the bands you were up against, but going by the quality you'd see in my school, you definitely would have had my vote. I like your style, and I'm glad I took time to watch you play.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 9:32 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Thank you for the support. I guess we'll have to get an international collaboration going for this. Although, Parker the Banjo Player (basically how everybody refers to him) is also pretty good at keyboard, so I'm not sure if it's entirely practical. Anything's possible, though.

And this is actually not what I'd consider our best sound. It was ok, but you may have noticed that there were a few points where we either fell apart or got lost. Hopefully we'll have it together in time for our own school's battle of the bands (which is much larger, and in general, better) on the 29th.

I fully expect you to fly down here for the event. :D

Oh, and the guys who beat us were an arena rock style duo called "The Fiasco" that was pretty good (and loud), but not very original. Hell, I could have just turned up the distortion, jumped around, and played a bunch of chord riffs. It was judged by an alternative rock radio station though, so we've all been taking consolation in that fact.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:16 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Well, I won't have my pilot's license by the twenty-ninth, so, sorry to get your hopes up :P . Anyway, good to know you have at least one keyboardist in the band. Parker's a real musical guy, eh?

And yes, unfortunately it is often the "loud" bands that win, simply because they can turn up the crowd. Look at Green Day: half their songs only use a single bass chord throughout the whole thing, but they're still very popular.

Anyway, be sure you get the twenty ninth filmed, eh?

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:30 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Oh, I plan to film it. And yes, he's a real musical guy. He's a sophomore, and he's in AP Music Theory. I'm taking it next year, but that's still pretty impressive. Actually, everybody except for the drummer and bassist are in the school band anyway, so we're all pretty musical. Hence the whole "band" thing.

And I completely understand your point of view on Green Day. I once used one of their songs to get warmed up and got bored. But hey, they're loud, they have problems with authority, and political! What more could you ask for?

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:31 am

Triforce of Courage

Triforce of Courage

Because when Kyle says "everything on the internet is free"... he's lying.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:36 am
Profile YIM WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

:lol: How true.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:42 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Green Day didn't get political until American Idiot, and even then...not the best. I prefer groups like Bad Religion and Anti-Flag. Barenaked Ladies are actually very political-minded as well when they want to be.

WHAT DO I DO???

Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:44 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Wisdom

Triforce of Wisdom

Sorry Kyle/Yitik/CServices... Had to edit out yer quotes. I've seen quote chains like that get huge before, and the side-effects aren't pretty.

The side-effects being the webpage formatting being blown to hell, the forum loading slower, and eventually the database puking all over itself and the forum dying.

Thu Feb 21, 2008 5:02 pm
Profile YIM

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

WHAT DO I DO???

Thu Feb 21, 2008 6:53 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 89 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next