View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 dBKing 

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Post dBKing
Pirate's Hymn (March 11th, 2008)
Irreverence v1 (April 16th, 2008)
Presence (demo) (April 27th, 2009)
Impromptu Update I (May 29th, 2009)

There, updated with all tunes and dates.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:54 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I guess I can appreciate your song a little more, being a trombone player and still trying to figure out the keyboard, but I like what you have there. French horn right? Or have you said that somewhere already...

Anyway, you have pretty good technique, and much better tonguing than most of the brass players in my school band. If that is a French horn, then you are already better than all of the French horn players at our school. It's pretty sad really. I especially like your last minute stinger note at the end, it made me laugh for some reason.

Now just get some background behind that and you have a song, my friend. :D

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I still want him to fix the beat a bit. He's got the talent, though, I agree :) . So anyone up for a brass band rendition of WMB? XDD It'll sound like it was recorded in a school gym hall :P .

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:27 pm
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

I guess I can appreciate your song a little more, being a trombone player and still trying to figure out the keyboard, but I like what you have there. French horn right? Or have you said that somewhere already...

Anyway, you have pretty good technique, and much better tonguing than most of the brass players in my school band. If that is a French horn, then you are already better than all of the French horn players at our school. It's pretty sad really. I especially like your last minute stinger note at the end, it made me laugh for some reason.

Now just get some background behind that and you have a song, my friend. :D
Aww, shucks. :D

I'm blushing. :P Yes, it's french horn (Second chair in my school, gonna be first chair next year. :P), but what to add to it? Eh, I'll probably just add a Piano background, since that where it started, originally. :P Maybe add a bit more, and like Yitik said, give more of a noticeable tempo. :) I might have it by the end of the week! :D

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:21 am
Profile WWW

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

And I...will try to remember to get the piano bass :blush: . I have a feeling it'll be used more than once in here, and I keep forgetting! :|

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 12:47 am
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I'd like to back that up on trombone, if you don't mind. Of course, that'll be once I have time, which will probably be awhile considering all the other things I need to do first.

Hopefully I'll rerecord my song tomorrow sometime before or after Studebaker Hawk rehearses. Luckily, it's a testing week, so I should have no homework.

Wed Mar 12, 2008 1:23 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, mate, you've also gotta see what you can do about the song we're putting the GMV to, and the GMV itself ;) . Unless you want to delegate the latter. I've enjoyed a fair bit of free time lately (unfortunately, that free time is plagued by my dad, who never stops watching Bugs Bunny when he gets home so I have no time to record any music unless you want it punctuated by "Meep-meep!" and commercials for robotic dogs).

WHAT DO I DO???

Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:08 am
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Yeah, mate, you've also gotta see what you can do about the song we're putting the GMV to, and the GMV itself ;) . Unless you want to delegate the latter. I've enjoyed a fair bit of free time lately (unfortunately, that free time is plagued by my dad, who never stops watching Bugs Bunny when he gets home so I have no time to record any music unless you want it punctuated by "Meep-meep!" and commercials for robotic dogs).
Ahh, how the magic of laptops escape you so. :P Well, that stinks. For some reason, my School has audacity on their computers. I don't know when I could ever get to using it, but, yeah. THought I'd just mention that...

Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:05 am
Profile WWW

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Post Re: I also made a song...
I made another tune, this time using "Strings 1" setting on my keyboard.

http://www.mediafire.com/?tkz2anyyjnz Clickeh. :P

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Pretty interesting, I must say. I can see that you definitely know your minor key. I like your melody, but it could really use some backup rhythm or bass. Other than that though, sounds good.

Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:15 pm
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next