View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:54 am

Reply to topic  [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
 Hyrule Warriors 

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I know a news post has been made but no thread for people to discuss in! DX

For those who don't know, Nintendo has announced a (tentatively titled; nope, it's official now) Zelda title that's similar to Dynasty Warriors (and apparently is being developed by their creator Tecmo Koei). I was not so sure if it was a joke or not, but it is indeed real. And it's nothing like any other Zelda title. The genre's been labeled as hack and slash. The game is announced for 2014 for Wii U. I don't really know how to explain it, but here's the video:

What do you all think about such a different title? I know alot of people are really upset about it, but some very excited and/or intrigued. What about you? Go wild (but not really).

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Last edited by Reimeille on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:20 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Hyrule Warriors
I'm going to try it out, but I don't think I'll enjoy it that much. I'm not a fan of hack and slash games because when you get down to it, it's the same thing throughout the whole game. Yes, you do get stronger and learn new abilities to help out, but honestly, I don't think they're very interesting. Also, a personal problem I have is I usually forget how to pull off new moves quite often. Again, I'll still buy the game and see what they do with it.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:23 am

Dat Midna Hype

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I'll probably give it a look. It should be interesting to see Zelda placed in a different genre than we're used to. I think I'd be disappointed if this was going to be Zelda Wii U, but as a spin-off to satiate the fandom's appetite, I'm on board to give it a try.

Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:31 pm

Not too exciting

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

I'll be getting it, although hack 'n slash games get repetitive. I'm hoping they can find a way to make it not be though.

As it's a game similar to Dynasty Warriors, I'm sure we'll have other playable characters other than Link. Here is hoping for Midna as a playable character! ^_^

Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:55 pm

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I have played Dynasty Warriors games before. Well only the Gundam ones but they play the same and I can safely say that Dynasty Warriors could be very well classified as it's own genre. Yes these games are hack and slash but they heavily focus on fighting off huge hordes of enemies. Think of the horde battle in Skyward Sword. It's like that except like 100 times more intense. Watching the trailer for Hyrule Warriors though makes the game look a bit different with a Zelda spin on it with the items and heath meter being hearts. Only time will tell if this game will be more like traditional Zelda games where you explore dungeons or not.

Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:38 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Hyrule Warriors
mega wrote:
I'll be getting it, although hack 'n slash games get repetitive. I'm hoping they can find a way to make it not be though.

Maybe they can find a way to make the Gamepad useful? Of course I'd be fine with just Wii Motion Plus, but I'm interested in seeing if they can pull anything off with that.

-- Thu May 22, 2014 8:56 am --

Well more news has been announced and it seems like the Gamepad is going to be used for a second player and as a menu. What do you think of this? Do you think there will be a way to implement more strategy?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu May 22, 2014 12:56 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Some photos have popped up recently! They've been around for a lil bit, though (a couple are already around the forum). Link got a scarf [weak, confused fanfare] He's looking really good, though (WHY IS HE SO PRETTY OMG I LOVE HIM). Rest of the photos are here. I'm... suprised that last one I posted here is making it into a Nintendo game @___@; Tecmo Koei won out on that one, I guess?? Also, Japanese name is "Zelda Unrivaled", and it will be at E3 this year.

Also, "At some point in the story the Princess of Hyrule, Zelda, is kidnapped by a witch named Cia. Formerly the protector of the Triforce, Cia, a good person at heart, becomes corrupted when she falls in love with Link and grows jealous of Zelda's familiarity with him. Sending out her subordinates Wizro and Valga, she wages war against Hyrule and prompts Link to restore balance to the land." (source: Famitsu, in Japanese)

WHOA
SO LITERALLY IT'S ABOUT A LINK FANGIRL GONE OFF THE DEEP END

Spoiler HTML code

photooooos

** by the way, the link fangirl Cia is the one in the last photo here (the "questionable" looking one), and the white haired woman is Impa !! She sounds famiiilliiiarrr~~ As well, there has only been a storybook looking image of Zelda, and she resembles Wind Waker or Link between Worlds Zelda the most (clothing is near identical), except of course more realistically proportioned (and her hair is in a low braid)

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~

Mon May 26, 2014 8:28 pm

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
I'm going to try it out, but I don't think I'll enjoy it that much. I'm not a fan of hack and slash games because when you get down to it, it's the same thing throughout the whole game. Yes, you do get stronger and learn new abilities to help out, but honestly, I don't think they're very interesting. Also, a personal problem I have is I usually forget how to pull off new moves quite often. Again, I'll still buy the game and see what they do with it.

Yeah same here. If I'm going to have a Zelda game, it's going to have a lot more exploration. That, and it's a chick flick about a love triangle, according to Reimeille's description.

Mon May 26, 2014 11:14 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

-- Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:27 pm --

Remember when there wasn't Midna in Hyrule Warriors?
Yeah, me neither.

anYWAYS I NEED TO VENT I'M STILL SO HYPE FOR SHEIK !! I wasn't suprised at all considering their constant exposure from Smash Bros., but nonetheless I've loved Sheik since forever (YES FOREVER), so I'm really excited to play her/him (not sure which they're going for) Dynasty Warriors style ♥ (*waits for HD model so I can cry at it for months*). Impa is also super cool and I love the SS-incarnation style they're going with~♥♥♥

And it seems like the plot is mostly going down the toilet, as in there really isn't any? Yeah, there's still 'Wizard Boobs is in love with Nice Guy' scenario but it doesn't seem lately like it's going to be a big deal. I've never played any Dynasty Warrior games, but from the outside it seems more gameplay oriented than anything.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:27 am

Midna was my life.

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

With Midna as playable...

Yeah, I'm only using her. Unless I have to unlock her, it better be an early unlock.
I played a very small amount of Dynasty Warriors, so I kinda understand how to play.
I plan on using the hardest, or next to it, seeing as to how it looks to damn easy.
I have come to really care more for the lore and canon over the past week, rather than gameplay.
Although I always have, bt it just seems more important. If it is lore, and matters in the timeline...

They found a way to bring Midna back. Although I'm going to assume that if Midna is back into Imp form (she looks the same, the spell/curse seems to have had the same exact effect, therefore as if the spell/curse was completely identical as before, meaning that either 1) Zant cast it, so was revived by Cia or Ganon, or 2) Cia somehow knew Zant (unlikely) or Ganon, since the spell/curse was granted by him in the first place, or 3) Zant never died when his body blew up (again unlikely). In that case, one could assume that you gain True Midna's form by completing the game (therefore breaking the spell/curse that I was assuming was there the whole time)

Damn. Its just a trailer and I'm already making a great guess on the plot. Then again, its just a theory. *I wish I could put pictures up, but Xbox sucks as much as my chatpad sucks with typing a 'u' and 'n'* A Game Theory.

EDIT: Of corse Ganon's coming back. He's always reincarnated or revived (From what I know, only played/watched OoT, MM, WWHD, a very small amount of PH, none of ST, SS takes place before Ganon's appearance, so that doesn't matter, guidebook for TLoZ and TLoZ 2 (attempted revival), IDK what else)

Lament the old days, where everyone was excited for news of Midna being in Hyrule Warriors, and times before that... And now, it's just dust. Unfortunately, all good things are bound to come to an end.

But new good things always have an opportunity to spring up. Where there was WMB, before it truly found its end, a few members moved to a new site, created by our own. This is DnDarknuts.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:00 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 157 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next