View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:37 am

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Quests in an Open World - Zelda U 

Sir Robsworth of Beeches.

Forumite

Forumite

As many of you are no doubt aware the setting for Zelda U is confirmed to be (putting it lightly) a big one. Which made me think: "How will the development team make the most of all this space and ensure that the player explores as much of it as possible?"

Ideally as fans of Zelda we want to see the world chock-a-block full of interesting places to explore in the form of lively and diverse towns and settlements, innovative dungeons and stunning landscaping. But creating a game as packed with contend as Grand Theft Auto V (GTA V) would take years, and as charming as seeing Link play tennis, or shoot an arrow to the head of a hooker would be I doubt that's what we'll be getting.

Instead of an abundance of odd and irrelevant activities, I predict a wealth of side-quests and errands that will see our gallant hero scouring the open world from top to bottom locating resources, delivering goods, and defeating unique enemies. If Xenoblade Chronicles and the upcoming Xenoblade X are anything to go by the designers of Zelda U could stand to learn a lot from Monolithsoft.

So let’s discuss! Here are some jump-off points:
- What would you like to see fill all that space?
- What kind of side quests would you like to see? Both short and in depth.
- Could Monolithsoft teach the designers of Zelda U a thing or two about compelling world design?

Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:15 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Quests in an Open World - Zelda U
Funny you mention Monolith Soft and Zelda because they did help with development of Skyward Sword! Anyway, I'm not too sure what to do as far as sidequests go that aren't fetch quests. However, I would like to see a lot of hidden grottoes. I thought Twilight Princess had a ton, but if they're trying to bring back Zelda 1's roots they better have a lot of grottoes.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Apr 01, 2015 5:22 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]