View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Zant's story. 

Regularly Exquisite

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

From my understanding, Zant was a little servant who kinda came out of nowhere. As far as I know, he was just the typical unhappy underling who took things way too far, then Ganondorf came in and only fueled the fire. I honestly don't see much to his history beyond that. This is all thinking logically, of course.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:28 am
Profile WWW

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

WhyYouNoReal wrote:
From my understanding, Zant was a little servant who kinda came out of nowhere. As far as I know, he was just the typical unhappy underling who took things way too far, then Ganondorf came in and only fueled the fire. I honestly don't see much to his history beyond that. This is all thinking logically, of course.

Pretty much what WhyYouNoReal said, there just is not enough evidence to come up with a solid theory on Zant's past. And pretty much most of his past was somewhat revealed in Twilight Princess. I really dont see how you can speculate about his past seeing as how there just is not enough evidence to back up any claims you make.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:44 am
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

According to the wiki, Zant was a candidate to becoming the next heir to the throne, but he was passed over in favor of Midna because of his apparent lust for power. It seems Zant had pretty much evolved a burning desire to conquer the World of light after what they had done to his kind many years ago when they sealed them away in the Twilight. He then fell into depression as seen in the cutscene in-game, and then he met Ganondorf's flying and burning head.

Don't know if I would trust the wiki though. Half of this information I've never heard of before, and it's surely never said in the game. Though, there might be something about it in the Zelda Bible, so I don't know.

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:57 am
Profile WWW

Vault Dweller

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Twist wrote:
I'm still sceptical about the 'Zant being an heir' thing, that rant he had about the 'useless do-nothing royal family' would seem very hypocritical if he was truly meant to inherit the throne at a time.

Zant mentioned that he 'served that house' (paraphrased from my foggy memories), but the quote is generally accurate. It's likely he was some sort of nobleman or the like that got too big for his britches. Or perhaps an adviser of some sort? That's a pretty common fairy tale/fantasy trope: 'evil adviser banishes the rightful ruler and takes their place'; hell, even in real life that happened sometimes.

I've always taken Zant's comments as a suggestion that there are perhaps meritocratic/democratic elements to the Twilight Realm's monarchy, though; it would make sense if he simply said he was a 'servant,' but got passed over. Perhaps a ruler is picked based on magical aptitude? That would make sense, considering their tribe's history, after all. Zant, of course, not winning because the people saw lust in his heart for power which seems to be a big social faux pas, as Zant seems to suggest the Twili have become somewhat pacifistic at this point, a proverbial land of lotus eaters except for a few.

Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:49 am

Forumite

Forumite

Well according to my knowledge (what Shadow told me) Zant had was to make a kind of'' interview'' I do not know what word to explain you, in short, then, the father of Midna to deny that it is the throne so he went out to the outside and hit his head on the ground (That made ​​me laugh acts as a real) and that is it bad to Zant.
Sorry for the erreur, i'm speak french and i'm use Google Translat.
^_^ ^_^ O.o

Here is a little introduction about me:
I Like Midna okay !?
I like Pokemon too !
:hyper:

Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:48 am
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]