View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Mirror of Twilight = Gate of Time in SS 

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Post Mirror of Twilight = Gate of Time in SS
Hi all. I hope you having a wonderful holiday! I have been playing through Skyward Sword(because I have not finished it yet). I have reached the part where the old grandma person has opened the portal(that looks like a cog, or wheel, or something). I have also saved all of the dragons, but I looked at the cog/wheel/whatever, and said to myself..."Hey that thing has similar patterns to some of the patterns on Midna"....Then when Link travels through the cog, it looks like the mirror of twilight. So here is my theory. The cog thing is the mirror of twilight. Am I right, or is there some part that I have yet to discover that explains things further?

Tue Dec 25, 2012 11:34 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Mirror of Twilight = Gate of Time in SS
Seeing as how they're used for different purposes, I seriously doubt they are the same thing. When I first entered the Gate of Time I did think "...gee. I wonder where I've seen this before." However, I've always thought of it as just a reference to the Mirror of Twilight and nothing more.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:31 am

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

Post Re: Mirror of Twilight = Gate of Time in SS
Similar, but very different, Nintendo likes to incorporate game references in many of their games quite often. But in this case that's all it is, an echo from their previous work. But these two machines operate in two different forms.

The Gate of Time was more of a magical time machine in the form of 3 gears, gears connecting through the natural flow of time. This was used to travel to a designated point in the past. (If you want me to go into more detail on the gate for useless knowledge's sake I can)

The Mirror of Twilight, on the other hand, operated as an energy projector, a projector that allowed the user to enter another realm rather than another point in time.

So no, these are not the same devices. But I agree with FEZeldalord, my first reaction was "well then, another blast from the past." ^_^

Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:38 am
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]