View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 2:32 am

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 How similar are Hyrule and the Twilight Realm? 

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post Re: How similar are Hyrule and the Twilight Realm?
Yeah I would assume they technically function the same way as a light being/humanoid in that they have to eat something. Considering that while Link himself doesn't eat in the game per se (other than Yeto's soup, milk, and potions/Juju jelly) the other Hylians do farm for at least pumpkins and they have goats for milk, cheese, and meat as well as cuccos for eggs and meat in Ordona province. I would assume these and other products get transported to other parts of Hyrule expecially Castle Town which would rely on resources from the outside. So Hylians do eat food. So if Twili are at least partially descended from Hylians, they should be eating something even if they were transformed by the twilight realm. In their transformation, they could be adapted to eating life forms in the Twilight realm. It is probably unlikely that the Twili do not eat at all since they are physical beings that would need some sort of energy. I highly doubt they would just get energy from their surroundings in a passive form or make their own like plants. But I could be wrong.

Man I am a sucker for biology >___<

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:41 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

korppi8 wrote:
The other Hylians do farm for at least pumpkins and they have goats for milk, cheese, and meat as well as cuccos for eggs and meat in Ordona province. I would assume these and other products get transported to other parts of Hyrule expecially Castle Town which would rely on resources from the outside. So Hylians do eat food.

Not to be rude or anything but I find it funny that you went into such detail to come to the conclusion that people eat. :lol:
korppi8 wrote:
I highly doubt they would just get energy from their surroundings in a passive form or make their own like plants. But I could be wrong.

Actually, they might. Remember that Midna is with Link for the entire trip and she doesn't eat either. So, maybe they do absorb energy around them. The Twili might be able to absorb Twilight or even shadows. That could be another reason why Midna sticks in Link's shadow the whole time. They stay strong in shadows or Twilight, and well, as we saw at the beginning of Midna's Desperate Hour, intense light energy kills them. As for how Midna stayed in the Light Realm just fine in the latter half of the game, I'm pretty sure that's because Zelda's soul was within her during that time.

korppi8 wrote:
Man I am a sucker for biology >___<

Normally I would say that biology was my weak point in science, but really, science is just one big weak point to me. Never got higher than a C in any type of science class.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:56 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Just sayin', they do have plants - Twili Babas. I'm not sure how edible any of the Baba plants would be, but I'm sure if you're that hard pressed for food...

I don't think it's that easy to draw a conclusion, though, considering there will be bits missed out in the game. After all, the only thing you see of the Twilight, they focused on making it a dungeon. It's not like they're going to stick a kitchen in there just so they can show you that the Twili eat.

I'm going to just assume the Twili eat, and there's some kind of foliage or creatures they use as food. Jus that it wasn't shown in game.

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:09 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Good points. Probably over thinking it. It makes sense that Nintendo would not put such details in the game or it would loose its purpose (Twili palace -= dungeon).

Naw its okay about the food thing. I over reasoned it :lol: .

I'm majoring in science and I've always have had a fascination with biology as well as culture whether its in the real world or a fictional one including the Zelda universe. So naturally I was a bit curious about the Zelda universe and how it works.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:58 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

korppi8 wrote:
Good points. Probably over thinking it. It makes sense that Nintendo would not put such details in the game or it would loose its purpose (Twili palace -= dungeon).

That's what makes these theories fun. I think we all know that Nintendo never planned out this much detail, but we think about it because of how much we love it, no matter how ridiculous it gets. That's where the Zelda timeline came from.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2