View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Mini-Sols 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Mini-Sols
This idea came into my head when I was reading TP99's mass playthrough journal. We all know that the Sols we found were used to power up the Master Sword. However, in the room you immediately gain access to after that, there are 2 mini-sols there that serve the same purpose in puzzles. Something else that separates these Sols from the others is they never shine. In addition, when you put these down in the holes in the floor to make staircases appear, they still won't shine. Any thoughts as to what exactly they are?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:22 am

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I think that this was simply an instance of gameplay taking precedence -- that it was there just so that you could have one more puzzle revolved around the Sol concept. The best in-lore explanation could be that some Sols are used to power machinery and architecture. Considering that their function doesn't rise to the same level as the two that were placed at the Twilight Realm's entrance, it makes sense that they don't shine.

Thu May 02, 2013 8:09 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Mini-Sols
Rare Addict wrote:
I think that this was simply an instance of gameplay taking precedence -- that it was there just so that you could have one more puzzle revolved around the Sol concept.

I thought that might be the case. I just feel as though there could be so much more to them.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sun May 12, 2013 2:52 am

Reviving... 5% complete

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Location: In a world of strife, choosing to fight against the odds
I don't think these are like the real Sols. Maybe... They're used as keys in the Twilight Realm. It sounds stupid though, becasue there are "normal" keys in the Twilight Realm too. Or maybe they open secret stuff? After all, they help Link to reach the throne room. Or maybe they're just one of Zant's creations.

Give peaceful rest to the living dead.

Sun May 12, 2013 7:13 am
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ]