View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:25 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Alternate Timeline Theory involving Twilight Princess 

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Alternate Timeline Theory involving Twilight Princess
Just recently I got an amazing idea about how a possible sequel to Twilight Princess could play out. It involves Link being defeated by Ganondorf at the end of Twilight Princess similar to the Downfall Timeline which resulted from Link failing to defeat Ganon in Ocarina of Time. Now this sets up an antagonist for a sequel already with none other than Ganondorf but with Link defeated there is no hero to save the day. I haven't thought much about that point but if Ganondorf did win then he would more than likely merge light and shadow and turn Hyrule into the Dark World similar to A Link to the Past. Except instead of being a Dark World it could possibly have some Twilight elements in it.

Now here is another thing I thought about with this little idea/theory. What about Midna? Well her appearing in a sequel has a couple of outcomes but by the end of the day it would more than likely come down to the same result which I will now describe. Midna is defeated by Ganon, as seen near the ending of Twilight Princess. And for the alternate outcome of Link failing leaves us with NO heroes left. This is what I thought up. If the Light Spirits brought back Midna in Twilight Princess then surely they might do it in this scenario where Link would fail right? So that could mean that there would be a game starring Midna as the main protagonist but that wouldn't feel right now would it?

Perhaps Midna would go looking around in the newly created Dark World for a hero who is capable of taking down Ganon and restoring the land to its rightful state. This might involve some bull crap deus ex machina but by the end of the day this is only just one of the possible ways to go about a sequel to Twilight Princess. So to finish I would like to say that this is a bit of a theory as well as a game idea. Have any ideas or things you could add to make this better than feel free to comment below.

Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:38 am
Profile WWW

The Twilight Princess Herself!

Forumite

Forumite

Heavy RP Characters: I don't roleplay, I'm a princess!
Post Re: Alternate Timeline Theory involving Twilight Princess
That is truly a brilliant idea! But I was thinking maybe players could use me for certain game areas! What do you think? :rave:

Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:19 am

Xenoblade X

Serious Business

Serious Business

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Well it is nice to see that someone has taken the time to read and post a comment on this theory. When it comes to Midna being used in a game that would revolve around this theory is something I never really thought about but it would be interesting to see Midna not helping out at all. Actually it would be interesting if they added a tragic beginning to the game by having her die off by trying to protect this new found savior/hero. This would add a more emotional aspect to the series and would help further establish that the Zelda series can truly be a dark and touching series rather than a light hearted touching series.

Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:11 am
Profile WWW

The Twilight Princess Herself!

Forumite

Forumite

Heavy RP Characters: I don't roleplay, I'm a princess!
:gag: I would prefer that I don't get killed off thank you very much...

Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:51 am

Sonic's Midna: the Ultimate Life Form

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I heavily agree. Killing of Midna = (now pardon the all-caps) FANBOY AND FANGIRL RAGE!!!!! :evil:

I mean seriously. I felt depressed when Shadow died at the end of Sonic Adventure 2. I was happy when he came back.

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:46 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Instead of her getting killed, why not have her get possessed and you have to fight her? There's actually something that would work with a game between PH and ST; Bellum could return and possess Midna!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:51 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]