View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:22 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 What is Lorule? 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post What is Lorule?
*slams head on desk 5 times*
Sorry, I still really abhor the Lorule pun. Anyway, I've been trying to think about what Lorule is. When I first played the game, I assumed that the Dark World and Lorule were the same world, but it turned out I was wrong. They look very similar, but they're not. Link to the Past clearly stated that the Dark World vanished after defeating Ganon. However, Yuga took the descendants of the Seven Sages to Lorule and then resurrected Ganon there to fuse with him, but why did he go back to Lorule to do it? This makes me think that Lorule and the Dark World are somehow connected, like Lorule being built off of the Dark World. I'm not entirely sure where I'm going with this, but it's a thought I've always had. Does anyone else have anything to add?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:47 am

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

I was thinking about this too. I have a theory myself actually. What if the Dark World really didn't disappear after Ganon was defeated? What if Link, Zelda, and the sages only assumed that it was gone because they couldn't get to it anymore? Think about it, the Sacred Realm only became the Dark World because it mirrors the heart of the first person to touch the Triforce. Is it farfetched to believe that the Dark World held some sort of bond with him? In a sense that world is his world and without his desire to take over Hyrule, it cut all ties to itself. Now it is clear some time has passed since A Link to the Past. That much is apparent with the layout of the castle being changed, the events of the Ganon crisis being immortalized in paintings in the castle, and it is obvious that it is not the same Link as before. I'd say at the very least a few hundred years passed, long enough for the events of A Link to the Past to be thought of as history but not long enough for the landscape and civilization to change too much. During this time, the people who lived in the Dark World established their own government now that Ganon is gone and took down his pyramid in favor of their own castle. Not wanting to call their home "the Dark World" they gave it their own name. Most likely by coincidence calling it Lorule because if that was done on purpose they should be left to chaos for using such a stupid pun.

Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:43 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: What is Lorule?
Xanite wrote:
What if the Dark World really didn't disappear after Ganon was defeated? What if Link, Zelda, and the sages only assumed that it was gone because they couldn't get to it anymore?

I thought that too, but looking back on Link to the Past, the Triforce itself said that the Dark World would surely vanish since Ganon was destroyed, and I doubt the power left by the Goddesses would be wrong.
Xanite wrote:
During this time, the people who lived in the Dark World established their own government now that Ganon is gone and took down his pyramid in favor of their own castle. Not wanting to call their home "the Dark World" they gave it their own name.

I can understand that happening, but where did they get their own Triforce from? My guess is the Triforce had grew a dark counterpart when the Sacred Realm turned into the Dark World, and that might also be some explanation as to how Lorule has it's own Sacred Realm. That's probably stretching it, though.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:24 pm

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
The Triforce itself said that the Dark World would surely vanish since Ganon was destroyed, and I doubt the power left by the Goddesses would be wrong.

I haven't beaten A Link to the Past in a few years so I totally forgot the Triforce said it.

The only explanation I can currently come up with is that Lorule is just Hyrule in another universe. That is kind of a cheap explanation though. Maybe I'll come up with something better when I actually finish the game. I am just about to enter Lorule castle.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:28 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: What is Lorule?
Xanite wrote:
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
The Triforce itself said that the Dark World would surely vanish since Ganon was destroyed, and I doubt the power left by the Goddesses would be wrong.

I haven't beaten A Link to the Past in a few years so I totally forgot the Triforce said it.

The only explanation I can currently come up with is that Lorule is just Hyrule in another universe. That is kind of a cheap explanation though. Maybe I'll come up with something better when I actually finish the game. I am just about to enter Lorule castle.

Ah, OK. Yeah, a lot more is explained at the end. While this is off-topic, I should tell you that the Red Mail is in that dungeon. A lot of people missed it, including myself, but I assure you it's in Lorule Castle.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:31 am

Midna Devotee

Midna Devotee

Cool, I have been hunting all of the extra items. I think I might try to play to completion on this one. The game was way too easy not to.

Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:35 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]