View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:22 am

Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 What happened to the Triforce of Power after TP? 

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Post Re: What happened to the Triforce of Power after TP?
omegabrand2770 wrote:
seeing as the child timeline is centers around the afterlife/death, perhaps this is the age when the triforce is beginning to lose their power, and simply dissipate, such as links triforce helping him not in termina, and ganon with his power, is killed by the ghost of zant after being weakend of course

Nah, I don't think so. Remember, the Triforce is the power of Gods, so it's kind of unlikely that the Triforce can loose it's power. As for Termina, it is a completely different alternate universe with, possibly, different dieties and therefore a different "triforce" (like in Lowrule). That's probably why Link's Triforce didn't work there.

Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:34 pm

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

You gotta remember though, I'm going in the theory that link died, and his purgatory is Termina, a world with no pieces of triforce, only the future and the past. When link gets the ocarina back, that's when (I suspect, link was brought back to castle hyrule,)Zelda sees the state he's in and she plays the song to calm his body and then he truly passes. Two triforces down with only wisdom left.

Thu May 01, 2014 3:29 am

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Quote:
You gotta remember though, I'm going in the theory that link died...

So, are you referring to his coming death, or is it something that happened in a previous game that I haven't yet played?

Thu May 01, 2014 10:16 pm

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Allow me to explain, in most religions if you've been sinful, but not committed one of the seven deadly sins, you are sent to Purgatory, a type of waiting room. You are there with images of people you know and you must complete a goal, but you don't know what that goal is. And even upon completion that goal, you are sent back to the "beginning" with no memories of what you accomplished and another different goal is put upon you. This cycle repeats until God deems you worthy (good out weighs bad) or condemn you to hell (bad out weighs good). This is why I'm saying that link is dead, and Terminal is his Purgatory, and when he gets the Ocarina of time back, he then truly dies, as Zelda ends his pain.

Fri May 02, 2014 3:58 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

omegabrand2770 wrote:
Allow me to explain, in most religions if you've been sinful, but not committed one of the seven deadly sins, you are sent to Purgatory, a type of waiting room. You are there with images of people you know and you must complete a goal, but you don't know what that goal is. And even upon completion that goal, you are sent back to the "beginning" with no memories of what you accomplished and another different goal is put upon you. This cycle repeats until God deems you worthy (good out weighs bad) or condemn you to hell (bad out weighs good).
This interesting, I never knew what the Purgatory excatly was. I always thought if you were not evil enough to go to hell but too evil not to be allowed into paradise directly after your death, then you would be sent to Purgatory until you are punished enough to make up for your sins and then you can enter paradise. (Although I no longer believe in this anyway as my theory of the afterlife is somewhat different, but this would rather be a subject for the Serious Discussion Board).
Seriously, letting Link, the Hero of Time who had already suffered a lot during his lifetime, suffer a bit more before "allowing" him to properly die somewhat fits the "Golden" Goddesses if you look at their treatment of the Twili and Midna. I begin to dislike them more and more ... (Guess why they just watch the destuction of Hyrule in my Fan Fic or why I have suggested to make more deities available for worshipping in the Tabletop RPG ;))
Anyway, as Termina seems to be some parallel world, no matter of which kind, it is only natural that the Triforce has no effect there. In Lorule "our" Triforce also doesn't work as they have their own there.

Fri May 02, 2014 4:44 pm

A person to talk to or tell any of your ideas to.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Also dont forget that at the beginning of twilight princess that link also had a triforce and maybe zelda but lots of other people like rusl or zant.

I LOVE FLORA AS MUCH AS MIDNA!!!!!!

notterribleivan wrote:
Granted. I somehow revive MidnaImp's locked threads.

I wish it was less humid.

Twist wrote:
...He hasn't even posted yet. And this is the Happy Birthday thread. What are you doing? :?

-- 22 Jul 2014, 14:42 --

EDIT: Wait, I actually understood what you said this time! Ok, nevermind. Still, better to reply to his welcome thread than here.

Sun May 04, 2014 5:10 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 16 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2