View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:07 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Zelda's triforce animal 

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I have no idea if anyone has ever discussed this somewhere else but its a question that I have had for a long time that I want anybody's opinion about: If she has one, what is Zelda's triforce animal? If you think about it, Link = wolf and Ganondorf = boar (aka Ganon) in Twilight Princess. Shouldn't Zelda have some sort of animal counterpart at least in TP? While in the twilight she does not change into either a spirit or an animal, this may have been a sort of punishment for Zelda by Zant. What are your thoughts?

Personally if I was going to pick an animal for Zelda, I'm thinking something a long the lines of some sort of bird or a large cat...

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:16 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Zelda's triforce animal
...I'm astonished at the topic since this is something that we never thought of before, and at the same time I really should've expected something like this coming from you. :P

Anyway, a potential animal spirit for Zelda...that's a hard one. Ganon as a giant boar represents power, Link exhibits courage as a wolf, as for Zelda, maybe she's a lion? I say that because when I think of a ruler of animals, lions come to mind, and Zelda is the ruler of Hyrule in TP. In addition, all three of them would have four legs and I think that would be suiting.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:27 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I was thinking the same for the four legged idea though personally I think a bird would suit her best. But all of the being four legged would make more sense. Hmm the reasoning behind the lion pick makes sense though since she has the triforce of wisdom, maybe a four legged animal representing wisdom would be more appropriate....though a lion could still work. I do not know of any particular four legged animal representing wisdom, normally thats for owls (and should be for crows and ravens since they are so darn smart in real life). Hmm I definitely think she would be a large cat of some sort though which one I do not know.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:40 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

korppi8 wrote:
Hmm I definitely think she would be a large cat of some sort though which one I do not know.

I was thinking of a leopard for some reason. Either a leopard or cheetah, I'm not sure.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:46 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I was thinking of a snow leopard as well, not sure the reasoning behind it but it would fit her I think. Its a more delicate looking big cat yet still very strong. But I think cats in general represent wisdom so I think any large cat could theoretically mean wisdom to a degree. Lion to me seems like it could be confused with power as well so maybe leopard is a better choice. Cheetahs are more known for their speed so maybe not a cheetah.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:40 pm
Profile WWW

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴅ

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

To be honest, I just always imagined some sort of bird. I'm not completely sure why, but I think it might have something to do with the Hylian Crest being in the back of my mind or something. Isn't Hylia a genus of bird or something? Dunno, man. Like you guys mentioned, a cat seems somewhat plausible, too.

Though, I think it would vary depending on each Princess's nature. If they're less traditional, they're probably less likely to be... the expectation? Like, A Link to the Past Link and Twilight Princess Link transformed into different things because they were different people. It hasn't worked that way for Ganon because it's the same dude every time.

Wed Jan 28, 2015 6:42 am

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

All right, let's give this a shot. I'm no Zelda expert, so I may or may not know what I'm talking about here. :P

I like the owl idea. I think Zelda would make a pretty owl. About the four-legged thing, is it possible that that pattern has just been coincidence so far? I don't know how many examples there are in other Zelda games.

Besides owls and cats for the positive symbolism of wisdom, the next thing I can think of is humans. Whether or not we really are wise is variable and arguable, but the fact is the "Sapien" in "Homo Sapien" means "wise" in Latin. While these are Hylians, not humans, but they are basically this universe's equivalent of humans. So, what I'm saying is maybe her triforce animal is a Hylian, and that's why we never see her turn into something else.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:49 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

twilightstarr wrote:
About the four-legged thing, is it possible that that pattern has just been coincidence so far? I don't know how many examples there are in other Zelda games.

Well, it's only been in Twilight Princess. The only other Zelda game that involves animals is Oracle of Seasons/Ages. It was just a connection between the three in TP that I noticed. ...and I just looked back at Vanadium's post and remembered that Link turns into a bunny in Link to the Past. In that game, you change into whatever reflects your heart/mind. Again, I'm not really sure what Zelda's animal would be since I'm not familiar with what animal represents wisdom. Owls would probably be the closest thing to it.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:56 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Yeah I guess an owl could work (symbolically yes not biologically; in that case for birds, a raven or a parrot would better fit on terms of intelligence for birds though neither fit Zelda's appearance or personality). Good point about humans as well since humans are intelligent animals. Could also argue primates as well. Primates such as monkeys are seen as wise animals both symbolically and biologically.

Also this popped into my head: even though she does not have the triforce and there is nothing off the top of my head that would force her to transform, what animal would Midna turn into? I'm hands down saying a crow or raven. Smart, mischievous, and fits her style.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:55 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

korppi8 wrote:
Also this popped into my head: even though she does not have the triforce and there is nothing off the top of my head that would force her to transform, what animal would Midna turn into? I'm hands down saying a crow or raven. Smart, mischievous, and fits her style.

Yup! A raven sounds perfect for her...even though she can already turn into something like a spider with the Fused Shadows. Regardless, a raven does sound suiting for Midna.

Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:57 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next