View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:39 am

Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 What Are You Doing in the Pokemon World? 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: What Are You Doing in the Pokemon World?
I'm finally taking on the Elite Four in Emerald. Admittedly, I did grind my team from Lv44 to Lv46 so that I would at least meet the level of the weakest Pokemon I have to fight, but I don't think it was necessary because I just DESTROYED Sidney! I didn't even take any damage!!! Dodrio slaughtered his best two Pokemon! It looks like I'm going to do well.

As for Colosseum, I'm up to a tricky boss. He has a Lanturn and Huntail that take advantage of Rain Dance, and Golbat and Atlaria that use Toxic and try to keep me from attacking. I don't remember this fight being so troublesome. Maybe it's because I'm not using Quagsire this time around.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:21 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Well after getting through a hard day's work I finally beat Emerald! So satisfying to do it with a team below Lv50. Also, to anyone who thought Dodrio sucks, mine disproved that to extents even I wasn't expecting. It one-shotted almost everything it came across; Glacia's Glalie, Drake's Flygon, Wallace's Ludicolo, it wrecked everything in sight. ^_^

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:52 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I forget if I explained why I've been grinding so much, it's because a couple of my friends are coming to my house tomorrow and we intend to have a Pokemon battle, and I want to use my combined teams. However, it turned into a hell of a procedure. On top of all of that grinding I did, I also need to bring Ursaring's happiness back up because I think Return is a perfect move for it. Happiness is reset when a Pokemon is traded, and being my stubborn self, I wanted to have this match on either Colosseum or XD for the sake of it being 3D and looking much more grand. However, Genius Sonority REALLY screwed up happiness in this game and it takes forever to get. I didn't want to increase Ursaring's level since we agreed to have our team at a specific level, and walking takes forever in these games.

Because of all of that, I'm doing two things. The first is using vitamins. Carbos, Protein, Zinc etc don't work since Ursaring is maxed on EVs and I don't have the berries to lower them, but I still have a LOT of PP Ups. What I've been doing was giving them all to Ursaring, and re-deleting and re-learning Slash so I could continue giving it more PP Ups. On top of THAT, I continued doing it by trading even more Pokemon to XD with the remaining PP Ups from my GBA games!! ...good god, this is unbelievably tedious.

The second thing I can do is earn one happiness point every 256 steps of walking. I do have the Soothe Bell, and there's a glitch in the game where there are a few areas where I can just unplug and replug the Gamecube controller so that the main character is constantly walking downwards in one area and the screen shakes, so he'll technically still be walking against a wall. I'm going to leave it on all night, because 2 hours of that didn't raise the happiness by a single tier.

...why the hell do I always make things so much harder than they need to be? O.o

Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:38 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I only have 3 things left to do in Gen III:conquer Mt. Battle in Colosseum Battle Mode to get a Ho-Oh(and Jirachi), get the remaining legendaries in Firered, and conquer the Battle Frontier in Emerald. It's going to be a difficult ride, but I'm looking forward to it. I'm also going to use the cloning glitch so my 24 team members can transfer to Gen IV while I'm still able to progress with the Battle Frontier.

Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:41 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Well, I've finally decided to stop with Gen III. I can return back there anytime I want since my Pokemon are cloned. Now, after 6 months I'm finally entering Gen IV, and I'm going into Soulsilver. Since I've beaten this game before, I'm going to plan ahead with my team. I'm going to start with Cyndaquil because I chose Chikorita as my special starter in XD and I used Feraligatr in Colosseum. As for the rest of my team...I have no clue what I'm going to use. I'm split on using either Gyarados or Quagsire, I don't want to use Ampharos since I already used it, so I'm not sure what to go with. O.o I'll probably use Jolteon at the very least, but I'll still need to think.

Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:26 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I just reached Azalea Town in Soulsilver and...there are fewer good Pokemon available to me than I thought. Phanpy could only be obtained early on in Crystal, Growlithe can't be obtained in Silver, I already used Mareep, I'm at the second town and my only team members are Quilava and Wooper. Yeah, I decided to go with Quagsire instead of Gyarados, despite the latter now being able to take full advantage of it's 120 ATK. Does anyone else with experience with this game know what else I should get? I'm thinking of getting Ambipom since that's accessible in this version of the game and could make a superb mixed attacker, and I'm also considering Exeggcute for status ailments, and maybe Heracross.

Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:07 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I just spent 4 hours playing Voltorb Flip. Yeah, I love that game too much, despite the fact that you have to rely on luck at times. I spent all of that time getting 100 coins for a Thunderbolt TM for a Jolteon I plan to get. My main concern though is, I have almost no idea what my last Pokemon should be. My team at the moment is Quilava, Wooper, Heracross and Exeggcute, and I'll also get the Thunderstone soon for Eevee. I'm thinking of getting a Koffing to have as a physical tank.
EDIT:...100 coins? What the hell was in my milk this morning? I meant to say 10,000! 100 coins doesn't even take 5 minutes!

Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:26 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I swear, I've never done so much farming in a Pokemon game before. I only have 3 badges and I already have 15 hours of play time. Now, I'm working on the Pokeathlon. I'm trying to get a Leaf Stone and Thunderstone for my Exeggcute and Eevee to evolve. I needed to do some fiddling with the game's internal clock since the prize changes daily, but it's worthwhile. I also decided to go with Koffing, since it's defense is promising and has an...interesting move pool. I gave it Payback since it's really slow and DARK TYPES ARE NO LONGER ALL SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!! :rave: :rave: :rave:

Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:27 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I'm moving forward in Soulsilver! Remember back when I said I was 10 levels below the Gym I was at? Apparently, you're expected to go to the town with the seventh Gym first. How do I know this? All of the trainers' Pokemon, even the Team Rocket leaders there, had Pokemon of lower levels than the trainers in the fifth gym. I don't know what they were thinking or why, but...now I'm playing catch-up with levels. Heck, I was focusing more on switching out Pokemon so that they could get the right EVs in each battle.

Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:45 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I came SO CLOSE to beating Lance in Soulsilver!!!!!!! It was 2 to 1, my Heracross and Jolteon against his Aerodactyl. Unfortunately while we were both capable of taking each other out in 2 hits, Aerodactyl outsped Jolteon, and I had planned to use Heracross as a one-turn wall so I could use a Max Revive on Jolteon. What happened when I sent Jolteon back out? HE GOT A CRITICAL HIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next