View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Multiplayer Memories 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Multiplayer Memories
I'm surprised this isn't a thread yet, considering how competitive Pokemon can be. Everyone here has to have had at least one battle with a friend or someone you've never met. How did those battles go, and what were your favorite experiences from it?

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:32 pm

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Hey, I'm totally late to this party, but I decided to search to see if anyone mentioned something like this, so, here's the appropriate thread ^_^

I do a lot of wifi Random Matchups in Pokemon Y, and I have really mixed experiences with it. Unfortunately, generally bad. Mostly because the Free Battles are the only ones that I can really handle right now, and most people just run Legendary teams because there are no restrictions. The people who don't run legends seem to not understand the concept of scaling, so some people take in Pokemon well below level 50, so then the fight is straight up too easy.

But, yeah, just got out of a total bullcrap fight against someone who ran a mostly event-legendary team. They ran event Mewtwo, event Darkrai (I think Darkrai is one of the most bullsh!t legendaries. Dark Void is incredibly overpowered. I can handle most other legends, but Darkrai pisses me off to an unbelievable degree) Groudon, Xerneas, and then Lucario and Jolteon, who are two really OU BS Pokemon, anyway.

It's no surprise that I lost, considering I was testing out my team of no-OU, BL, or Uber Pokemon. (Masquerain, Ninjask, Mega Aggron, Sableye, Whiscash, Torkoal.) The team works really, really well in the Battle Maison, and against other non-BS legendary teams, but of course, naturally, it's not going to hold up against a team of Ubers and OUs.

So, basically, it just infuriates me that no one fights on equal footing in random matchup. If you don't run really, really OU teams, good luck having any fun whatsoever.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Tue May 13, 2014 4:06 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Multiplayer Memories
One of my friends had a battle where we only used the legendaries we had. Unfortunately, I was forced to use the legendaries I only add access to in SoulSilver, most of them not having been trained. However, Ho-Oh was able to save my ass well. It took out Arceus with ease! I probably would've been screwed if Ancientpower didn't kick in. On top of that, the burn helped me survive. During the battle, his final Pokemon was Mewtwo, and Ho-Oh was pretty low on health having...60? I used Sacred Fire, but it didn't defeat him. As he was using Psychic I was saying, "you served me well, Ho-Oh, but the rest of my team sho-HOW THE HELL DID YOU SURVIVE THAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? =O =O " We had a good laugh. :rave:

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Tue May 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Ugh... I just personally don't like using Legendaries. I guess if you're on equal footing it's not as bad, but there's just barely any strategy behind using Pokemon that are just statistically better than everyone, and with some of the best signature moves and abilities in the game. I get zero satisfaction out of running OU or Uber teams.

I can see why if there's, again, a mutual idea to fight Legend-to-Legend, that's not so bad. I still think it's restrictive, and restricting takes away the fun for me, personally.

I've had some good experiences when battling friends, or doing co-op, but doing random matchup can put you into the stinkiest pot of mixed-feelings. Again, I just hate the fact that I'm so restricted, because I'm going to get screwed if I don't run Ubers, since everyone and their mother does.

I have never, ever used an Uber in a random matchup. And I have a ton of them. I could easily run my Dialga, event Giratina, Meloetta, Black Kyurem, Arceus, and, I dunno, Zapdos, and probably wreck face. But I'd get no satisfaction.

Tue May 13, 2014 4:17 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Since I don't know too many people that play Pokemon, I actually tried battling against myself: my Firered team against my XD team. Basically, what I would do is try to block out the knowledge of attacks one team would have. It sounds tricky, but I was able to get the hang of it easily. And wouldn't you know it: my XD team came out on top. It was...interestingly fun.

Tue May 13, 2014 9:08 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

That's actually pretty funny, Fez XD I can imagine that'd be hard to do, because, as you said, you have t block out the knowledge of your attacks and such.

It's a shame you don't have Gen 6, because I'd love to battle you :/

Tue May 13, 2014 9:21 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Spookypatrol wrote:
It's a shame you don't have Gen 6, because I'd love to battle you :/

Well, I'll get to it eventually. I'll most likely get the Gen 3 remakes around the time they come out. But...I want to go through all of the main generations, form teams from there and transfer them all over. I still have to play Platinum, Soulsilver, Black/White, and Black/White 2. Yeah, it's going to be a very long time.

As for being able to block it out, really, it's a matter of focusing attention. Since there are two screens, my TV and my GBA, I simply need to give my full attention to one of them, and I'm able to then play. Also, because I focus so much I actually do end up forgetting what moves I had everyone play, so it is fun to watch. ^_^

Tue May 13, 2014 9:27 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Ahah, fair enough then, on both accounts XD

Well, when you do get around to getting something for Gen 6, hit me up. I needs more people to play with~

Tue May 13, 2014 9:28 pm
Profile WWW

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I don't have many fond battle memories since I just don't have the patience to take Pokemon competitively seriously, but at the same time I really don't like losing at it, so I pretty much only battle my brother since I usually win or am close against him.

Trading counts as a multiplayer activity though, right? On my last birthday, my boyfriend "traded" (that is gave for whatever basic bug type I had lying around) me a shiny Munchlax. The first shiny I've ever had. :D

Sun May 18, 2014 10:50 am

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Twist do you want to battle me? I have 70 fully trained, ready-to-go Pokemon that I can shuffle into different teams to test out on ya :3

Sun May 18, 2014 2:54 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next