View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:10 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Favorite Team 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

@Twist: My Heliolisk is part of my Sandstorm team, not my Rain Dance team, otherwise I'd completely agree with you! I love Electrify though. Huge lifesaver against the major types my SS team is weak to. However, yeah, I went Modest because it was safe, but since Heliolisk acts slightly as a support/sweeper, Timid may have been a good idea.

Now, as for your Rain Dance team, the only one I see kind of as odd there is Volcarona. Move set is fantastic, and I can see why you'd choose it, but my concern is the issue of Volcarona's fire-type letting her down if you get someone using an opposing water type move on you, and you can't take advantage of her fire-type really at all because you can't reliably use fire-moves in rain. Perhaps take a look into someone like Swanna?

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:36 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

But Heat Wave while not on a Rain Dance team, right? It seems silly to lose all of that power.

Again, move pool is great, and Hurricane spam would work well, it just seems a shame that you're losing out on an entire type because you can't take advantage of her Fire type at all.

By all means though, prove me wrong :P You do have a good blockade against other Water Types, so really, it's just the fact that you're not taking advantage of the Fire type that puzzles me.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:44 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I've considered a Trick Room team, but not enough to actually decide to make one to be honest. I'd use the hell out of a Bronzong in one though. I'm not opposed to looking back into it, but I'm pretty content with my current set-ups. I guess we'll see how it goes once I'm done with my current plethora of team-make-ups!

Trick Room teams are the ultimate F-Us to the OUs, often, so that's always nice.

Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:54 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Oh yeah, that's a hella-solid team. Mega Mawile is pretty scary, I've learned. Nice and rounded, pretty tanky, and hard-hitting. Very nice.

If you want to test out any of your teams at any point give me a shout-out. I'll be more than happy to do some battles against you!

Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:58 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Sounds like a plan! Till then, I'll start working out the bugs in my many... many teams.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:02 am
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Ah yeah, definitely Special-bulky! What with Water Absorb as well, you slap him on a RD double or triple team that runs Surf and... you've got yourself some free-heals.

Also Weather Ball :D That's awesome. Steam-Eruption seems to be a more powerful Scald. That's pretty cool.

Now, addressing what you said, his Defense is already naturally high. You may want to EV his Sp.Def instead (Although I see you've got Assault Vest. Even still. Instead of AV you can run Leftovers, imo. He's plenty beefy.) Steam Eruption and Scald is redundant, seeing as they're virtually the same, Steam Eruption is just better. I personally love Weather Ball, and think it's worthwhile if you intend to use him where weather will be present. The only bad thing about his type combo is that if you play him in rain, his fire type becomes weak. If you play him in sun, his water type becomes weak. It may be hilarious to see him on a Sandstorm Team running the Goggles, actually. Rock-type Weather Ball, fantastic coverage from Water and Fire types getting no detriments from bad-weather. Then I'd say Focus Blast for coverage, although Fire and Water largely cover what Fighting covers already... So maybe a status move, like Toxic or Will-O-Wisp.

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:22 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

To be honest, it's extremely rare for me to run out of PP in actual combat... even without PP-Up, I've managed to not run out of PP with 5 PP moves, because either the enemy is dead, or that Pokemon is dead by then. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but security moves are needed far less frequently than you think. Weather Ball covers a water move in rain, and a fire move in sun, if you plan on doing a combo-weather, so I still think it's a good move for you to have in there. *shrug*

Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:50 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Team
I think I've got a good Emerald team in mind for my upcoming playthrough after Wild ARMs, but I'd like to hear what some of you think.

Sceptile-I know its probably the weakest of the starters, but all of the Pokemon in the Treecko family are my favorites, so I'm sticking with this. However, I will say for the first time, I did nature-farm a Naughty nature so it would have higher attack. Sceptile is going to be my mixed attacker, and it learns a good variety through TMs.

Ludicolo-Mainly going to be my Water-type. I'll be alternating HM moves when they're pertinent. Ludicolo also has some good moves like Fake Out which I do like, and does have access to other TMs. Early on, it won't be so good, but later on I see it getting more use.

Gardevoir-I was contemplating who should be my special attacker between this, Starmie and Manectric, and Gardevoir best-suited the role, since I didn't want to use Alakazam again. I think Gardevoir has the best move pool, it's stats are overall decent with it's exceptionally high special attack, I think it's the best choice to go with.

Aggron-This beast has served me well on other playthroughs, tanking all physical damage and hitting even harder. Not really much to say other than it's an amazing tank.

Camerupt-This is definitely my replacement for Blaziken. Slugma isn't very good, Torkoal and Vulpix are OK, but I think Camerupt can hit really hard later on.

Dodrio-My final party member, and obviously my Flying-type for the game. Usually I use Swellow, but after comparing the two Pokemon I decided to try out Dodrio. Besides, it's not like I'm going to need Flying-types before Dodrio is accessible. It is kind of frail, but I think it's attack and speed make up for it.

Zigzagoon-Not a party member, but I think Zigzagoon is a fantastic HM user.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:56 am

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Fez, I'll give you a proper run down of my full opinion at a later time, but just to start off, I have a comment to make in regards to Sceptile.

Firstly, I freaking love Sceptile.

Secondly, yeah, he is arguably the worst starter of Emerald, just because of how powerful Swampert and Blaziken were in gen 3. But Sceptile has made a pretty strong comeback in my opinion. And what with Dragon Dance Whiscash, Swampert isn't particularly the untouchable god of water/ground anymore. I have an awesome Unburden Sceptile in Y who's my baby ;)

But, yes, unfortunately for Emerald, Sceptile is arguably the worst starter... However, Sceptile is still a damn good Pokemon. There is some redundancy in using Ludicolo with Sceptile, though, which is really my only other comment off the top of my head. I'd recommend seeking a different water-type.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:11 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Team
Spookypatrol wrote:
There is some redundancy in using Ludicolo with Sceptile, though, which is really my only other comment off the top of my head. I'd recommend seeking a different water-type.

Yeah, I wasn't too sure about Ludicolo either. Even though Hoenn does have an abundance of Water-types, the only great ones that come to mind other than Swampert are Starmie, Tentacruel, and Gorebyss. Starmie isn't obtainable until I'm able to get all the way to Lilycove, and since there's a Fire-type gym, I'm not sure if Numel would be able to take them all on by himself. Tentacool...can be raised early on, and I'll do it if I think I have to, but it's really difficult to raise until it gains access to Bubblebeam. As for Gorebyss...I don't like trading during the main story.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:21 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next