View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 7:39 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Favorite Team 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

No love for Huntail? >:

Pelipper isn't too bad if you can tolerate him. I think I ran one for a while. He has an interesting set up to say the least, and you get Wingull extremely early on. The redundancy with Dodrio is less of an issue, I think (although I'm not a huge Dodrio fan, personally). I'm a big derpy Whiscash fan, but I don't think Barboach shows up until way later. It's been ages since I've played gen 3. Sharpedo is a really, really solid Pokemon imo. You may want to look into him if nothing else.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:26 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Team
Spookypatrol wrote:
Pelipper isn't too bad if you can tolerate him. I think I ran one for a while.

Actually, I have used Pelipper in every single one of my previous playthroughs and it has been useful as a Water-type...until late in the game and post-game. I want to try out something different and these are my options. Barboach...to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of Water/Ground. I'm well aware of it's advantages, and I did use Quagsire in Soulsilver. However, I prefer my Water-types to be fast and strong. I did make an exception for Lapras in my Firered playthrough, but that was because Starmie isn't accessible in Firered without trading.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:52 am

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Then why not Sharpedo? He's the definition of glass cannon. He was one of my personal favorite water types for a good long while.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:08 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Spookypatrol wrote:
Then why not Sharpedo? He's the definition of glass cannon. He was one of my personal favorite water types for a good long while.

Sharpedo suffers from the same problem as most other water-types in this game: by the time I'm able to access him, I'm already done with the Fire-type gym, and I might as well go out of my way to avoid every trainer battle to get Starmie.(yes, I'm willing to go that far out of my way) At this point, I'm willing to just have Tentacool with the exp share for a while. At least it'll get some show-time against Brawly's Meditite.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:12 am

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Ah, Carvahna doesn't show up earlier than that? Again, it's been a while, so I didn't recall when you got Good Rod access.

Well then, I suppose your options are quite limited. I still think Ludicolo should be avoided because of his redundancy, but since it seems you are trying to try new things, I'm not sure. The necessity to Surf, Dive, and Waterfall is too great to just go without a Water-Type at all, otherwise I would have recommended Ground, since it would easily cover your issue, and I think they show up earlier. I think. Maybe not. I can't think of too many solid 3rd gen ground-types, and I don't know how early the non-3rd-gen come in...

Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:20 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
It pains me that Milotic has not been mentioned yet. Another Gen 3 Water type, annoying as Hell to take down, fun to use, underrated I'd say. You could try Vaporeon too, that thing can take hits almost as well but hit a little harder.

You don't have access to Eevee without trading in the Hoenn games. Besides, I already used a Vaporeon in XD, and I want my teams to be completely different for each game. Milotic is great, I'm not denying that. I just find Feebas to be a REALLY annoying pain to raise and I don't think it's worth the effort. Yes, I'm willing to run past ~20 trainers and three routes for a Starmie but not constantly guess which fishing spot Feebas is in followed up by giving it Pokeblocks. Speaking of which, in case I do eventually try out Milotic in a later game, do you know if it's nature makes it inaccessible for maxing out Beauty?(I'm not too familiar with the details about how it works, but I tried maxing it out once and failed)

Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:40 am

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Twist, it doesn't work that way in gen 3 unfortunately. Milotic is often considered the largest pain in the ass gen 3 Pokemon to get. Otherwise I would have mentioned her.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:01 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
You trade it while it's holding the Prism Scale, I don't know how to max out its beauty from B/W onwards. Also, Gyarados hasn't been mentioned either, though if you're not willing to raise a Magicarp but I'll throw it out there so it's worth considering if you haven't already.

Prism Scale didn't exist until Gen V. As for Gyarados, I don't like it as a Water-type until Gen IV when Waterfall became a physical attack. I know it has a good move pool for other physical attacks, but I already have Aggron, Sceptile and Dodrio taking care of that category.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:01 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

You run Physical Sceptile? You're missing out on his mad sp.atk. Although I don't think his special move pool got good until recently.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:05 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Spookypatrol wrote:
You run Physical Sceptile? You're missing out on his mad sp.atk. Although I don't think his special move pool got good until recently.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm using Sceptile as a mixed attacker, both physical and special. I already farmed a Naughty nature just for that.

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:10 pm
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next