View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Favorite Team 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Ah ok. Sorry I missed when you said it earlier, somehow. Yeah you definitely can't run a mixed Gyarados... Anyway he's pretty tryhard, heh. If you're looking for a special water that narrows your options further... Looks like you might as well seriously wait for Starmie.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:14 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Favorite Team
I don't know if I just really like double battles or I'm just thinking really well about my team, but my Colosseum team is kicking almost as much ass as my XD team. Before I list them, I must stress again that Colosseum only has 50 obtainable Pokemon, and some of them aren't available until post-game, so if it seems like an odd choice, that's why I have it.

IronShadow, the Umbreon
Moves(at this point):Secret Power, Protect, Confuse Ray and Toxic
It's been serving as a pretty decent wall up to this point. I'm having it in the back with the exp share during rematches, but during the first battles it served me really damn well. Toxic was extremely helpful in boss fights, making it so that I can chip away a weaker Pokemon's health while focusing attacks on a stronger one.

Genkai, the Espeon
Moves:Psybeam, Return, Reflect, Helping Hand
Not too fond of the nickname since Espeon will always be a boy, but I couldn't think of any other psychics. Anyway, not too much to say about Espeon. It's just extremely fast and powerful with Psybeam. If you're wondering why I have those other moves on it, Espeon comes with those moves.

Ult. Warir, the Hariyama
Moves:Cross Chop, Vital Throw, Return, Focus Energy
Even though it's meant more to be a tank with it's high health, Hariyama has been hitting really hard, and it'll probably continue to do so, especially when I get Earthquake. It's only problem is it can't hit ghost-types, and I can't think of any ghost-attacking moves for it.

Jaws the Feraligatr
Moves:Surf, Slash, Blizzard, Rain Dance
Meant to be my mixed attacker. While Feraligatr has been doing a decent job with attacking, it's only drawback is I want to teach it other physical moves I can't get for some time. Regardless, it's been doing a great job so far with Surf.

Nightmare the Misdreavus
Moves:Shadow Ball, Thunder, Confuse Ray, Pain Split
If you like ghost-types but don't like Misdreavus without it's evolution, too bad! Misdreavus is the ONLY ghost-type obtainable in Colosseum! :P Despite it's low stats, Misdreavus has been serving me extremely well. It's confusion and mixed type attacks are doing well, but the best part is Colosseum's ridiculously stupid AI. You will see so many "it doesn't affect MISDREAVUS..." messages come up!

Puffy the Jumpluff
Moves:Mega Drain, Cotton Spore, Sleep Powder, Synthesis
You're probably thinking the same thing my friends did: why the hell did I choose Jumpluff? Well, solely because of Sleep Powder. Even though it's just one move, with Jumpluff's speed, it's been debilitating so many enemies despite 75 accuracy! I daresay my team wouldn't be nearly as good as it is now if it weren't for Jumpluff!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon May 12, 2014 10:40 am

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Psh, Jumpluff is a boss! Encountered a Shiny Hoppip in Y, and after getting him all the way up to Jumpluff (this monstrous, male, mind you, ball of pink fluff now) I realized just how monstrous his speed stat is. AND Chlorophyll? I'd consider Jumpluff fairly good.

Typing-wise it looks to be fairly balanced. I'm not a personal fan of Hariyama but he seems to be quite balanced there. As for a move that can hit ghosts? I don't know what's available... If Serebii is accurate, the only thing you're getting by level-up that'll hit a Ghost is Knock-Off. Or you can run Dig, Earthquake, or Rock Tomb for neutral damage if/when you get them.

--------------

On another note, the Torkoal I said I was going to make work?

He's a boss. The end.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Mon May 12, 2014 12:52 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Spookypatrol wrote:
Typing-wise it looks to be fairly balanced. I'm not a personal fan of Hariyama but he seems to be quite balanced there. As for a move that can hit ghosts? I don't know what's available... If Serebii is accurate, the only thing you're getting by level-up that'll hit a Ghost is Knock-Off. Or you can run Dig, Earthquake, or Rock Tomb for neutral damage if/when you get them.

Most likely Knock-Off. Rock Tomb isn't in Colosseum, and as for Dig, there's always Levitating ghosts. It looks like Knock Off is all I'm going to have. It did learn Foresight, but it takes too long for my tastes.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Mon May 12, 2014 1:04 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

After spending a while thinking, I think I've decided on a single battle team out of my 24 team members. My item choices are still indefinite, though.

Melvin the Gardevoir, Twistedspoon
Ability:Synchronize
Moves:Psychic, Thunderbolt, Calm Mind, Hypnosis
I'm still not sure whether I should use Gardevoir, Espeon or Alakazam, but I'm sticking with Gardevoir for now. It has the best offensive moveset out of the three, can take some hits(although the others have Reflect and Recover/Morning Sun), and has an OK status-inflicting attack.(Espeon has Attract, Alakazam has Thunder Wave)

Countrclaw the Ursaring, Silk Scarf
Ability:Guts
Moves:Return, Earthquake, Aerial Ace, Slash
While I do think the moveset could be a little better, Ursaring's attack is so massively high, especially with Return and STAB, that I don't think it really matters. Ursaring WILL wreck things up.

Hellswrath the Houndoom, King's Rock
Ability:Flash Fire
Moves:Flamethrower, Bite, Solarbeam, Charm
Houndoom can cover a lot of types easily, has very good speed, and can use Charm in case of a physical attack. I gave it the King's Rock to increase Bite's chance of flinching.

Venomizer the Venusaur, Leftovers
Ability:Overgrow
Moves:Toxic, Leech Seed, Synthesis, Sludge Bomb
I'm not 100% sure about Sludge Bomb, but Venusaur has so many great moves that it was really tough to find a good moveset. It's mainly going to be my HP drainer of the team.

Jaws the Feraligatr, Mystic Water
Ability:Torrent
Moves:Surf, Blizzard, Brick Break, Hidden Power(Rock)
Feraligatr is a really, really great mixed attacker covering a ton of types and can take a lot of hits really well. Admittedly it's damage output isn't as high as I want it to be, but I think he can survive long enough to get enough damage out.

Ma-ku the Sceptile, Scope Lens
Ability:Overgrow
Moves:Leaf Blade, Dragon Claw, Brick Break, Earthquake
I'm not forming a team without my Sceptile. His damage output wasn't as high as I want it to be, so I'm going to get a Scope Lens in Colosseum or XD so that should change. With a good critical hit ratio and insane speed, I think he'll do really well.

Last edited by FEZeldalord12345 on Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:48 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
I'm not sure if it's different in Gen 3, but to my knowledge the King's Rock only gives a chance of flinching to moves that don't already have a chance to flinch.

I just looked it up and...you're correct. I'm not sure what else to give it, though.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:56 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Yeah, from what I've heard, you can just buy items like the Choice Band and Scope Lens in Gen V with ordinary Poke Dollars. Here, you need Poke Coupons/Battle Points, and holy crap they're given to you slowly. You're all blessed to have that kind of privilege.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:04 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

How often? In the Battle Frontier you need 48 BP and you only gain 2 BP for every set of battles you successfully go through.(7 fights) As for Colosseum/XD, you need 10,000 Poke Coupons, and not even a full Mt Battle run gives you enough.

Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:10 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4