View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat May 26, 2018 5:50 pm

Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Gen 6 event Pokemon 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Well, Diance, Hoopa, and Volcanion are pretty old news by now; are you referring to them?

If you are, one thing I do like a lot about them is their typing. The three of them have awesome type combos (especially Volcanion. Water/Fire, + Water Absorb? Hell yes.), and in general I don't mind their designs. I know a lot of people think they're all super goofy, but they're not too bad imo. I actually quite like Diance and Volcanion. I'm excited to see Volcanion's move pool.

I assume these are the three you referred to as being the confirmed ones, but you said there are two others? Which ones?

I know there are Mega Latios and Latias that are floating around somewhere.

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:57 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I had no idea about Floette-E. Just looked her up. Goddamn! I have to say, even if I don't touch her, it's pretty freaking sweet that they added her based on lore. Props to them just for that. I was definitely not expecting that.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:01 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

That's really sweet. I'm excited to see how these all pan out for sure.

I'm wondering if they'll be adding more Mega Evos like this as time goes by? I predicted they would, but I don't know if the case with Latios and Latias is special.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:19 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

THEY'RE FRIGGIN JET FIGHTERS. That is all.

Yeah I'm not fond of Mega Mewtwo Y at all, but I kinda like Mega Mewtwo X. He's like a better Gallade. Which in a way pisses me off because I liked Gallade's niche and Mewtwo and all his popularity kinda screwed him over, but *shrug.*

I'm hoping they do start adding more Megas with time, though. I agree it's likely only for event Pokemon in Z, but I guess we'll see. Worst case, I know the Mega concept isn't going to just fade with 6th gen, so I'm sure in the inevitable 7th gen we'll see more.

Mega Kecleon plz.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:47 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah I can see both Mega Dragonite and Mega Metagross happening... *shudders at the sheer terror*

Yeah at first their appearance did strike me as too similar, but I did pick up on the color mixture pretty quickly. And I agree that they're likely version exclusive (well, the Mega Stones of course).

What with Mega Mawile, I'm hoping we see a Mega Sableye pop up soon, too. Sableye is still well and viable, but I'd still like to see a Mega. It's not like most of the Pokemon that have gotten Megas weren't already viable, anyway lol.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:11 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
I don't know, I imagine if they make Mega Sableye then there'll be no Mega Spiritomb and vice versa. With that in mind, I'd much rather seem Mega Spiritomb, have it lose its bulk and get a horrifying speed and offence boost, Sableye is good enough as it is with the Prankster shenanigans while Spiritomb doesn't really do shit and could really do with a boost of some kind.

I'm just a huge Sableye fan in general, but I do agree that Spiritomb is in a worse off position right now. Spiritomb used to be the supposed "tank" of the two ghost/darks imo, but what with Fairy trudging through their defensive types now, Spiritomb is losing out even more on his only niche.

I had an ex-friend argue for a while with me about Spiritomb being better than Sableye, because Sableye's base stats are worthless. Who cares if your base-stats are below-average if you have Prankster, which serves to just troll the competition to death?

That being said, Prankster is the only reason Sableye is truly viable, and actually frightening at times. But yeah, I guess it is due time Spiritomb gets something to put him back in the game, even if I'm not too fond of him in general.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:34 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
I just thought it would also be cool since apparently the Pokedex entry in Gen4 said he was powerful and evil till they bound him to the keystone, I think it would just be cool to see what Spiritomb would be like without being stuck in a rock.

Going back on topic, I think I heard mention of Protean Arceus being released as an event. No idea how reliable that is but I remember reading about it. :?

Right yeah, Spiritomb is supposed to be a compilation of 108 bound souls. He is underwhelming if you consider his dex entry, but so are MANY Pokemon, haha.

And oh? That sounds pretty amazing. Makes Multitype pretty obsolete, but, eh, most Hidden Abilities make the originals obsolete.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
I would think if they ever make a Mega Arceus, which they absolutely should, then that should have Protean to compensate for not being able to hold a plate anymore. That might be so OP it'll be banned from Ubers. :lol: How would Judgement work with Protean though? Kind of an obsolete sig move without the Multitype.

Hmm... good point. It would always revert to the Normal type? I suppose its give and take. Judgment is really only good because of its high base power and versatility, but if you have Protean, you can pretty much put whatever you want and it'll always get STAB.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:00 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Yeah if they adjusted Judgement to work like that it may be somewhat viable. At the very least it'll give people options. But again, give and take. For regular Arceus, Judgement is awesome. For Protean, well, you get Protean, so stop whining. Lol.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:06 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Oh my Christ. Kill it! Kill it before it lays eggs!
And haha, that I doubt. Don't get too excited :P

I would be interested in seeing what a Mega Arceus would look like, though. They'd have a lot of material to work with, and they can make him pretty badass and majestical if done right.

Yes, majestical. Deal with it.

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 14 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next