View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Gen 3 Remake Confirmed 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I think we all saw it coming, but Hoenn is getting its remake! Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. How're you guys feeling about it?

http://www.serebii.net/omegarubyalphasapphire/

I know I'm pretty super excited.

It's saying it's taking place in a "new world." Do you think they mean that it isn't taking place in Hoenn (or at least not fully), or that it's so incredibly updated that it's Hoenn but basically new?

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Wed May 07, 2014 2:46 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Gen 3 Remake Confirmed
I already made a topic about this.
viewtopic.php?f=77&t=5229
Nice names, I'll say that now!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Wed May 07, 2014 2:49 pm

WHERE'S THE MIDNAHOL?!

Project Junkie

Project Junkie

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

A friend just showed me this in class and I was so suspicious. We were staring at it going 'Is this fake...? This is probably fake...'

Nevertheless, I really want to get it. Ruby was my first Pokémon game, and I missed so many things. I missed a lot of events, too. I'd like to be able to do them again :)

And FEZ, I think this topic can stay. Yours was about whether they would be remade, this is more of a 'Yay! It's been announced!' type of topic.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:51 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Ruby and Sapphire remakes confirmed!
(Moved!)

Too late, Twist. Spooky made the topic first. :P
FEZ edit: Double post glitch ftw!

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Last edited by FEZeldalord12345 on Wed May 07, 2014 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:52 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Very well then.
*edits out previous edit on said topic*
Anyway, when it said "explore new world", my guess is that it was talking to the people who haven't played Gen 3, and I know people that haven't played it.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:54 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Well people have been doing the "Hoenn Confirmed" jokes for probably years now XD As said, a ton of people expected it, but I for one didn't expect it so soon.

I see how they were trying to integrate the Alpha and Omega symbols to Groudon and Kyogre (Well, I at least see Omega on Groudon). Do you think they'll be getting new forms?

Yeah, Gen 3 was fantastic. I was such a dork for it when it came out. A lot of my favorite Pokemon of all time are from Gen 3.

And, Twist, likely we'll be able to trade between the two games w/o Pokemon Bank. PB was really to grab Pokemon from other gens, since they were on other systems.

Wed May 07, 2014 2:59 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
One thing that I'm worried about though, with the new Pokemon bank, will Gamefreak make us use that to transfer our Pokemon over from X and Y, or since they're from the same gen will they just let us trade them over? I'd like to think they'll just let us trade, but I have far too little faith in big companies. I really don't want to pay for Pokemon bank, I really don't.

*looks up PB*
Oh...they make you pay annually for that?!? :? Well, I seriously doubt it will be needed. It should just require trading. I don't see any good reason why it shouldn't be.

Despite this, I'm still going to play through Emerald when I finish everything in Wild ARMs. Chances are the Battle Frontier is going to have different Pokemon that I don't know of.

Also, I've noticed a pattern with the remakes: they always take one for year for release than the last. Firered/Leafgreen came out 9 years after Red/Blue, Heartgold/Soulsilver took 10 years, and this took 11 years. Well now I know when D/P will be remade. :D

Wed May 07, 2014 3:04 pm

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Ahh D/P... that's a discussion for another thread, but I adored Gen 4 as well XD It's really underrated in my opinion... The lore alone in Gen 4 made it worth it, and I also have a soft spot for Cyrus, lol.

But back on topic, Yeah, Pokemon Bank is cheap, and it's a great program if you trade often, but it is still money after all... Anyway, I still doubt they'll make you use it. Again, PB was really just for transferring cross-gen.

And, Twist, I agree it would be really cool if it were cross-region. It may not be cross-region per se, but they might still add a new island chain ala Sevii Islands.

Wed May 07, 2014 3:16 pm
Profile WWW

Dont look here

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Gen 3 was my first generation, i am so excite

Wed May 07, 2014 4:45 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Twist wrote:
And I like the sound of the extra island chain, I think Kanto and Johto in one game together work fantastically but Hoenn seems way more like a standalone region, but a new island chain would be pretty damn sweet just to expand the region and bring something new in without going too far.

That would work well. I recall other islands on the map you couldn't access.(aside from Birth Island and Battle Frontier) It would be interesting to see those explored as well. While I do prefer merging regions, Hoenn is massive. It doesn't need that.
Twist wrote:
Will we finally be able to get Deoxys and Jirachi without events for the first time? That would be kick-ass but I have my doubts since Celebi was always event exclusive even in HG/SS (though there are so many damn Celebi events that it's hard not to end up with at least one, Deoxys and Jirachi don't have that luxury).

Deoxys...does need an actual capture method. As for Jirachi, it's actually not that rare. You can get one in Colosseum.

Wed May 07, 2014 5:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 73 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next