View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 7:54 pm

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 WMB's Gym Leader/Mini Tourney Sign-Up 

Humans Find Such Fascinating Ways to Waste Their Time.

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Post WMB's Gym Leader/Mini Tourney Sign-Up
(Wow what a crap title! Good thing I can edit it!)

Ok, so, after lengthy discussions in the "Battle/Trade" thread, I'm finally getting around to making this topic so we can further discussions more "on topic," and actually get our ideas down on paper, er, post.

Gym Leader Challenge:

Basically, we're starting up a "gym leader" esque group where anyone who wishes to participate designs a mono-type team (and probably a badge) and then we, you know, battle, because it's Pokemon. If you win, you get to claim that leader's "badge" and display it proudly, dunno, in your signature or something. (And, yes, gym leaders get to battle other gym leaders, because we have a limited amount of players.)

There are multiple battle types and a separate "award" for beating individuals for each format, that way people with different battle styles aren't punished.

IE: You may win the Single Battle badge from Randomperson, but you may get stomped and not earn the Double or Rotation badge.

Challenge types are: Single, Double, Triple, Rotation, and follow standard Smogon banlists.

All battles are 6v6.

--------------------
Apart from the Gym Leader Challenge, Twist and Fez recommended doing a separate tourney that doesn't restrict us to a singular type, so I guess we can do that here, too. That'll be treated as standard VGC rules, ie singles are 3v3, doubles are 4v4, etc.

--------------------------------

If you wish to sign up, you may sign up as a Gym Leader while you still have the opportunity (first come first serve, and only if you don't mind monotype teams of course. You cannot run the same types as the ones chosen here already.), or you may participate as a standard "trainer." Of course the regular tourney is open to everyone.

*Keep in mind, these are gen 6 tourneys, so even though you're welcome to hold your place and sign up beforehand, you can't exactly do any battling if you don't have gen 6!

Have fun, guys~
--------------------

Current Gym Leaders:

FEZeldalord12345: ???
LightWorldMidna: Fire
Spookypatrol: Ghost
Twist: Dark

-Edric, on the subjectivity of "evil"

Fri Jul 11, 2014 9:23 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: WMB's Gym Leader/Mini Tourney Sign-Up
Ah no worries then. Friggin King's Shield + Aegi's stats do make him kind of ridiculous. It's cool. I may do some rearranging, anyway. Just tested out my Drifblim and while I like my team comp I realize I have a huge lack of physical users. I may have to switch out some for a Trevenant and Golurk just to have some Physical dudes in there if Aegi goes down. Even if Aegi doesn't, I may snag Trevenant and swap out Drifblim. I like Drifblim, but he's basically filling roles I already have. The fact that he gets no good flying STAB move for special is ridiculous, too.

Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:57 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Trev is pretty awesome... Just wanted to give my Flare Boost Drifblim a chance ^_^ Again, I like him, but he's just barely not good enough, ya know? Although Stockpile with that HP is pretty nasty. But Drifblim is honestly the only one of the Pokemon currently on my team that could be switched out intelligently. He is, unfortunately, the weakest link.

I'll work on a Trevenant right away.

Edit: So I kinda want to try Gourgeist but I can't sensibly have her and Trevenant. She makes a far better support than physical attacker. Run a Jolly small size and that's a lot of speed for set up and defenses, and Trick-or-Treat has to be insane on an all-ghost team. Were it not for the typing issue I'd happily run both her and Trev... But then again I can't afford to change two Pokemon right now.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:13 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I believe Small Gourgeist can get 166 speed max, which is pretty damn good all considering. As said, she'd fare better as a support, although her attack stat is nothing to scoff at if you run a super size. I agree Trev is all around better, but trick-or-treat may do me some good. I'll play with both.

Again, thinking like a triple battler here.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:53 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Hmm I suppose that's fair enough. I think you're right.

I may still run Forest's Curse on Trevenant though because most Pokemon can't change their typing and removing their STAB bonuses on SE moves by changing them to grass may be a wiser option. It also allows Chandelure and Froslass to do some serious damage if I do it right. Trev may not be nearly as fast but I personally find type-changing moves, while still situational, to be useful more often than not.

You're just right about trick-or-treat in particular being risky.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I think monotype should refer to Smogon. VGC? Eh... I guess we can use those rules. Although I'll get stomped because I refuse to use legends and most ubers, period.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:39 pm
Profile WWW

Soul Collector

Soul Collector

Badges:
ImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

Hah, no worries, I'll pop him off my team I guess ^^ Yeah sounds like a bunch of whiney bull crap from people who don't know how to counter play but whatevs. Not a problem for me. He's pretty powerful, anyway :P

Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:43 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ]