View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Pokemon GO 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Pokemon GO
Well, this is interesting! Apparently there is a new Pokemon game in the works that's trying to emulate the feeling of having Pokemon in real life. It's on mobile, which is going to be intriguing as to how they handle it. Supposedly the Pokemon you'll be able to catch depends on your location. That's...interesting. I wonder how it'll be affected by buildings and such, because it'd be pretty amusing to see a Tauros in a classroom. What are your thoughts on this? If it ends up being free, I'll most likely try it out.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sun Sep 13, 2015 3:15 am

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Pokemon GO
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
I wonder how it'll be affected by buildings and such, because it'd be pretty amusing to see a Tauros in a classroom.

"John, put your cell phone away."
"But Mrs. Miller, there's a Tauros right there and I've almost got it!"
I could see this causing issues. Also, having wild Pokemon appear outside wouldn't just make more sense, it would encourage people to go outside as well, which could benefit health. That's my opinion on that matter.
Overall, this looks like it could be cool. :)

Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:54 am

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

twilightstarr wrote:
I could see this causing issues. Also, having wild Pokemon appear outside wouldn't just make more sense, it would encourage people to go outside as well.

Huh. I never thought about that. It definitely would encourage travelling, so that is interesting.

Some other news I have found out is that this game will indeed be free to play. There will be in-game purchases, but hopefully they won't be terrible. Also, there's another accessory called the Pokemon Go Plus, which is a wristband that gives you notifications, such as a Pokemon being nearby. The button in front of it can be used to catch Pokemon as well, and considering the design of the wristband, that probably feels awesome.
Well, this is great news! I probably won't get this, but it sounds amazing.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:53 am

ᴛʜᴇ ᴏɴᴇ ᴡʜᴏ ʙᴇᴛʀᴀʏᴇᴅ ɢᴏᴅ

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I don't really know too much about Pokémon GO aside from all the glorious chat memes that I've seen on tumblr. I'm curious though, because from what it sounds like, it's just gonna be another Face Raiders-esque AR game and I'm not sure how to feel about that. The concept of AR games is cool and stuff, but Face Raiders was dumb. That being said, are the pokémon in the same locations for everyone playing? Like, could two people who are in proximity to each other potentially spot the same wild pokémon or--?

Thu Sep 17, 2015 2:20 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Vanadium wrote:
Are the pokémon in the same locations for everyone playing? Like, could two people who are in proximity to each other potentially spot the same wild pokémon or--?

Unfortunately, I don't know. That's something that I guess we'll find out in time. I would imagine that you can encounter multiple Pokemon in the same area for 2 reasons. One is to mimic the feel of the games where you would search in the same area and eventually be rewarded. The second is so that we don't have to go TOO far out of our way for travelling. As of now, we've only seen that they're including the original 151 Pokemon, so it's not too crazy. They might eventually, and when that does, we're most likely going to see multiple Pokemon in one area.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:55 pm

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I think it likely that the Pokemon a player sees may depend on how far along they are in the game. http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ithmOfEvil If you're just starting off, it has to put something easy in your area that you can handle. If you've been at it for a long time, there has to be something nearby that can challenge you, or it's boring. Of course, different people seeing different things in the same place has potential to threaten suspension of disbelief, and this is all assuming the leveling up system will work exactly like it has previously.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:36 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Your post made me realize something: how exactly will we make progress in the game? What's the structure? Is it traditional, or something completely different? Are there even gyms to take on, or a story to play through? Is it JUST catching Pokemon IRL? All of these thoughts just hit my head at once. Maybe wild Pokemon will scale in levels, I have no idea for certain. That...actually gives me more respect towards the trailer. We barely saw ANY actual gameplay, yet it got a lot of people excited. That's kind of impressive.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:45 pm

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Personally I would like to see them change up the structure. I would like to think of Pokemon as more than a number between 1 and 100. I don't think I'd mind still having gyms, but I'm not sure how they would implement that. That would require sort of defining the game as having a certain region, which might lessen the "real life" affect. It doesn't make sense that the same people all over the globe would all fight the same 8 gym leaders, does it? And it would be a lot more work to make a separate set of gyms for every country. So I suspect they'll either do the first option or just not do gyms.

Based on this, I'd say the story is gonna be at least a little different if there is one.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 7:59 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

I hope the story's different as well, if there is one. It'd be refreshing to have a different platform give a bit of a different feel.

Hmm...I have to admit, now I'm curious about what the Pokemon distance indicators were at the beginning. I feel like they were just for show and aren't in the actual game, but I feel like they may be there for events, such as the Mewtwo one, except nowhere near as epic. Maybe there could also be Pokemon swarms? It may be possible to have a swarm happen in a town or city.

Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:30 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

I will admit I am pretty excited about this. A lot of you came up with good questions though. I think they may forgo gyms and instead have special events on certain days in certain areas where people can fight harder pokemon (kind of like how they showed with the Mew Two battle). I do hope they have a good variety of pokemon for each country and such. I better get a mudkip if I play that game or I'm going to be pissed. Wonder if they will employ something similar to the GTS or if its just local trading.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:33 am
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next