View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:12 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Nothing Special about Midna 

Neophyte

Neophyte

Post Nothing Special about Midna
I honestly can't understand what everyone is feeling towards Midna. It's just another average supporting NPC... :/

I do hope, however, that she is not in the next Zelda. Not because I don't see anything special in her, but she seems like a character good for one game only. There wouldn't be any reason to bring her back. It would just diminish her importance in TP. If anyone, I'd like Navi back in the next Zelda for nostalgia's sake. Maybe even in a different form.

I'm sorry, but I am vastly against the attempts to bring her back, but I am a huge fan of LoZ. I wouldn't want to diminish the importance of the way Twilight Princess ended.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand emotional attachment to characters but not with Midna. And what I see on here is just tooooo much.

When I stumbled upon this site, I thought it was a joke. It'd be great if someone could explain everyone's deal with Midna.

Or is this like when people are furry fans? Where it's hard to understand unless you're one too?

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:09 pm

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

Well... You don't have to like Midna, Or even Chuck Norris for that matter, but the point is... We do, and we want her back! Anyway, why did you register if you don't like her anyway?

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:24 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post Re: Nothing Special about Midna
MidnaKillzAll wrote:
Well... You don't have to like Midna, Or even Chuck Norris for that matter, but the point is... We do, and we want her back! Anyway, why did you register if you don't like her anyway?

This, maybe he's just a troll? Meh, I'll leave it up to the mods to decide, you are right though, it's a waste of time to post a 'I don't care about Midna' thread on a Midna fansite.

Stop having a boring tuna, stop having a boring life. (this sentence has nothing to do with anything)

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:25 pm

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Ok. There's not a whole lot I can explain other than some people like her, some people really like her, and some people don't. Apparently you don't. I don't have a problem with that, but why register for a site trying to get her back if you are actually opposed to her return? If you're trying to convince us that this is a bad idea, it won't work. It's not that we don't value your opinion over all of ours, but... wait, no, that's it. Besides, we're not planning to ruin the Zelda series. I'm a Zelda fan too, and if they just make her a cheap plot element to appease her fans, I'll be pissed both as a Midna fan and a Zelda fan.

If you want to understand why people like Midna, just look at any attachment you've ever had to any other character, which you say you do understand. I guess it's personal preference; a lot of people got attached to a character that you didn't. And yeah, sometimes that attachment seems pretty extreme when you have people declaring their love for her and whatnot, but you get used to it. It doesn't make them any different form you or me, after all, they were just affected more deeply.

As for Midna not being so special, maybe to you she isn't. I saw a lot of depth there, though. It's not like anybody's take on her is definitive; your declaration of her being mediocre holds about as much water as my declaration that the color green is stupid.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:33 pm

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

First, I'd like to say "Hi, Revolution", and welcome to the forum. ^_^ I'd say gtfo for you discreet discontent, but you pose a valid point. For your answer, you've definitely come to the right place.

Quote:
I honestly can't understand what everyone is feeling towards Midna. It's just another average supporting NPC... :/

That's where I'd like to be the first to point out that you're wrong. Hate being so definitive, but it's the truth. She was not average. Directly speaking, Midna was very important to the story. So much so that the game was even named after her title as the Twilight Princess. The writers, finally doing a bang up job, created, to me, a first for the Legend of Zelda:

Realistic Character Development. From the beginning of the game, Midna was a sassy, cute little Imp thing that some of us didn't really expect to become very attached to. As the story progressed though, so did she, in a way relative to what people are calling a "tsundere", in which the person is mean at first, but eventually releases themselves from that hard shell to show a soft, caring exterior. Reviewing the cutscenes and playing through the game again (for enjoyment. I must be a madman), that sounds a lot like Midna. Not only that, but it's obvious she had some sort of attachment to Link, and (by Nintendo's terms), you, the player.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I can understand emotional attachment to characters but not with Midna. And what I see on here is just tooooo much.

Watch what you say, pal. ;) You're the minority here. And I don't see it possible how you could see emotional attachments with other characters, but none whatsoever with Midna. I think that's just bias you're working with there. Midna's a well developed character with an acceptable attitude and a well developed story. Please tell me why she can't be adored in the slightest.

Quote:
Or is this like when people are furry fans? Where it's hard to understand unless you're one too?

Yay, more bias! Don't see what you have against us or furries except that "my opinion's different than yours; stfu, gtfo" seems to be something you must flaunt around both of the groups. But,

Quote:
I do hope, however, that she is not in the next Zelda. Not because I don't see anything special in her, but she seems like a character good for one game only. There wouldn't be any reason to bring her back. It would just diminish her importance in TP.

I can see where you're coming from on that standpoint. Quite a few people see it like that, too. But those people aren't here. We're the people that say "Link, I... See you later" probably meant something more, and we want to her to keep to her promise.

Your post is like talking to three or four different people. Sporadic opinions of varying degrees. I hope you enjoy your stay here, however fruitless it may be. If you'd like an example as to why we keep fighting, just look at Tingle. He's getting his third game now, and it's a widespread belief here in America that he's the Zelda reincarnation of Satan and Peewee Herman- but the Japanese like him. I think our chances may be pretty slim, but they're still there.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:44 pm
Profile WWW

Neophyte

Neophyte

No, I'm not a troll. Everyone on the internet gets paranoid of everyone else being a troll nowadays, so I expected someone to accuse me of such.

I appreciate the answer, centralservices. It's not that I didn't like Midna. It's that I didn't like her especially. But what I do believe about the love here for Midna is that much of it has to do with the scene where Link has to rush her to Zelda. (Cue "Midna's Lament," an amazing song.) Perhaps that is where the connection began? That's where I began liking Midna more than I had before. Sure, it created a connection but not an impact that lasted afterwards.

I think it's great that there's love for Midna, and I wasn't saying there shouldn't be. I'm also not saying that she can't be seen as special. I just wanted to know why her.

And DaKing9, your answer as well. I see what you're saying. I guess you're right about the character development. She is probably one of the best developed companions throughout the series. She actually has a personality. Oh, maybe I didn't say what I wanted to right. Even I had emotional attachment with her beginning with when "Midna's Lament" began playing.

I guess what I really want to know is how she left a lasting impression on everyone?

Oh, and I never said anything along the lines of "STfu;gtfo". I'm simply trying to find something out.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:48 pm

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

OnlyRevolutions wrote:
I guess what I really want to know is how she left a lasting impression on everyone?

In a statement, we liked her, and most of us spent a considerable amount of time with her playing through the game. Wouldn't somebody you liked and spent time with a lot have some sort of impression?

Quote:
Oh, and I never said anything along the lines of "STfu;gtfo". I'm simply trying to find something out.

No, you didn't. But that's kind of what it felt like being initially thought of as a joke. No harm done, nonetheless.

Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:17 pm
Profile WWW

Forumite

Forumite

We shall transform you! :rock:
Go midna! Midna ftw!

Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:24 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Wow i saw this topic and I was like "WHATT??????"
I would really say a lot more if the other two here didn't cover everything already, but....

All I really wanna say is that, WE MISS HER! Midna is like any other person that you would care for, love, or grow attached to. If that person left, wouldn't you miss them? You would probably do anything to have that person back.

It's as simple as that.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:36 am

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Holy Sh....SHEEP. Talk about character developments...he starts bashing us and ends up lovin' Midna's Desperate Hour...

Lesson learned: If you ever gonna take a side, think twice, and see if you are really going to be on it. And watch out for talking punching bags and awesome musicians.

My point of view: I'm not as hyped as I was 2 years ago, but what I liked about Midna is that she's not quite like any of Link's past partners. True, only Tatl can be compared to her, but she's just Navi with a more edgy attitude. Midna was central in the plot, interacted with you during the whole game, and shattered (pun intended) all our expectations in the end. I don't mind you exposing your point of view - I've had similar people who has the same opinion as you. Just respect ours as well.

Last edited by Legendboy on Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:59 am
Profile WWW
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next