View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:01 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Nothing Special about Midna 

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Sidebar:

Hey man, what's with the strikethrough in "awesome"? So I'm not good enough for you anymore, is that it? I am deeply offended.

Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:58 am

Real Life King Dedede

Graphics Aficionado

Graphics Aficionado

GET OVER IT!!! geez, I've felt a sense of change for my fave zelda character, (don't ask)

Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 am
Profile WWW

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

centralservices wrote:
Sidebar:

Hey man, what's with the strikethrough in "awesome"? So I'm not good enough for you anymore, is that it? I am deeply offended.

The following is a somewhat sarcastic.

OH, so you do want to be awesome? Every time we post Awesome. F***n. Music. You go all like "Nah...I'm not that awesome." So the strikethrough is for simply that. Thanks for hating me. Now I'M the one who's deeply offended.

The following is a more serious tone.

Look, I'm sorry. Didn't thought you would take it this way. I'll fix it ASAP.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 12:45 am
Profile WWW

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Alright, OnlyRevolutions, let me tell you why I'm on this site.

I don't like Midna excessively; I like her as much as a lot of other characters. But the reason I'm fighting this battle is because we do like her as a character, and yet instead of Midna we get an extreme amount of Tingle. No offense, TWA, but yes, hearing "KOOLOO LIMPAH" gets me really pissed, and I gotta think "Midna is so much better than this, so she should come back."

So for me, Midna is a symbol of us, the majority that is squelched by a minority in power. This is not a little place where we talk about nothing but this character we really like, this is a place where we fight back to get heard. We are working to secure a market where we get equal treatment for all customers.

But that's just me.

Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:18 am

Neophyte

Neophyte

Post Re: Nothing Special about Midna
OnlyRevolutions wrote:
I honestly can't understand what everyone is feeling towards Midna.

It's one of those things you don't really understand until you experience it yourself. I thought it was pretty fucking silly at first, too, to be honest.

Quote:
It's just another average supporting NPC... :/

Sorry, sir, this is where you're wrong. She was probably had the biggest role in the entire story. She pretty much was the story. If you're gonna go on about "Average supporting NPCs", take a good look at the titular character.

Quote:
I do hope, however, that she is not in the next Zelda. Not because I don't see anything special in her, but she seems like a character good for one game only. There wouldn't be any reason to bring her back. It would just diminish her importance in TP.

I agree. For a while I DID want her in another game, but if they did end up doing it, it would wreck the ending of TP, which was perfect. I'd like to see the Twili return, though. Maybe it's not the best idea to have her directly in another game, but maybe referencing her in legends or Twili lore would be cool. Pretty much every goddamn game does it with the Hero of Time, so why not?

Quote:
If anyone, I'd like Navi back in the next Zelda for nostalgia's sake. Maybe even in a different form.

I don't know about anyone else here, but I think a new sidekick would be pretty rad, myself.

Quote:
I'm sorry, but I am vastly against the attempts to bring her back, but I am a huge fan of LoZ. I wouldn't want to diminish the importance of the way Twilight Princess ended.

Agreed. I don't support her return anymore, for that reason.

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I can understand emotional attachment to characters but not with Midna.

Some people just click with the kind of personality she has. Obviously, you don't. Everyone's different, man.

Quote:
And what I see on here is just tooooo much.

If you think this place is too much, I'd advise you to keep your distance from MFF. Hahahah.

Quote:
When I stumbled upon this site, I thought it was a joke. It'd be great if someone could explain everyone's deal with Midna.

Well long story short, I had some stuff going on that had me pretty bummed out, and Midna (Twilight Princess in general actually,) kinda cheered me up and took my mind off it.

Quote:
Or is this like when people are furry fans? Where it's hard to understand unless you're one too?

o_o

Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:28 pm

Resident Androgynous Grouch

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I'll start from the top...

Quote:
I do hope, however, that she is not in the next Zelda. Not because I don't see anything special in her, but she seems like a character good for one game only. There wouldn't be any reason to bring her back. It would just diminish her importance in TP. If anyone, I'd like Navi back in the next Zelda for nostalgia's sake. Maybe even in a different form.

True, but only if you bring her in the wrong way... but it's the same way with all games... you can easily botch it up by tweaking one thing the wrong way... but I, for one, think it would be Earth shattering to see such a major change of pace in the Zelda series... maybe not as a helper, as it would be difficult to make that fit without throwing TP's story's to the fire, unless she became a sort of Deepthroat...
Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I can understand emotional attachment to characters but not with Midna. And what I see on here is just tooooo much.

People have their likes and dislikes... Just because we have baseball fans doesn't mean you need to like baseball... (I hate baseball, btw...) It really doesn't matter if you don't see it or not... but it's important because we do see it...
Quote:
I guess what I really want to know is how she left a lasting impression on everyone?

Let's see...
For me I think... because she was more "human" than the other characters in the series... not so robotic, not so stereotypical... I remember upon first seeing Midna I sensed a sort of inner torment in her character... as the story progressed she formed a bond with Link different then the one with most of the other characters... and it is also possible that Link shares that bond with her... I personally believe that she showed us more of who Link is than any other LoZ title...
it kinda goes against Miyamoto's plans of "making you feel like Link" but I never felt that connection with the main character anyway... maybe that's the dividing factor between fans? Probably not...

Quote:
Or is this like when people are furry fans? Where it's hard to understand unless you're one too?
I honestly can't understand what everyone is feeling towards Midna. It's just another average supporting NPC... :/

I do hope, however, that she is not in the next Zelda. Not because I don't see anything special in her, but she seems like a character good for one game only. There wouldn't be any reason to bring her back. It would just diminish her importance in TP. If anyone, I'd like Navi back in the next Zelda for nostalgia's sake. Maybe even in a different form.

I'm sorry, but I am vastly against the attempts to bring her back, but I am a huge fan of LoZ. I wouldn't want to diminish the importance of the way Twilight Princess ended.

Don't get me wrong, I can understand emotional attachment to characters but not with Midna. And what I see on here is just tooooo much.

When I stumbled upon this site, I thought it was a joke. It'd be great if someone could explain everyone's deal with Midna.

Quote:

Careful, too many people will take that as a step on the toes... Wait... furries have a fanbase? I thought it was just a flexible piece of inspiration? oh, well...

Quote:
No, I'm not a troll. Everyone on the internet gets paranoid of everyone else being a troll nowadays, so I expected someone to accuse me of such.

Tons of idiots these days, they seem to get kicks out of being trolls... joining a forum like this were the topic title sounds like it's bashing our cause is likely to put you on someone's "Possible Trolls" list... but reading your topic I can see that wasn't your objective...

I'll stop here... it's almost 5 a.m... I'm going to bed...

Mon Aug 03, 2009 11:47 am

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

*Quivers with uncontrollable rage* If you feel THAT strongly about it, than WHY did you join this site? You want to start something? Huh? This site is dedicated to people who actually LIKE Midna, and don't plan on ranting about not wanting her back. We all want her back, that's why we joined. D=<

Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:09 pm

two loaves of bread

WMB Punching Bag

WMB Punching Bag

Midna stole my<3 wrote:
*Quivers with uncontrollable rage* If you feel THAT strongly about it, than WHY did you join this site? You want to start something? Huh? This site is dedicated to people who actually LIKE Midna, and don't plan on ranting about not wanting her back. We all want her back, that's why we joined. D=<

Your words hold pointless and unreasoned rage. The creator of this thread has made their opinion more clear in preceding posts and meant no harm. It was aimed more as a question than as a defined statement of fact. Please pay more attention to what goes on before barging in with what appears to be, after the fact, unbiased reasoning and anger.

I know you feel strongly about Midna and her position in both your and other people's eyes. We all do. But please make sure you're aiming the cannon at the enemy, and not a curious passer-by. Revolutions joined to pose a question, which we dutifully answered, as most of us almost always will.

That said, I think this thread has piqued in its necessity. It has offended more people than it should have because they haven't been reading it the right way, and it's starting to bug me because of how immature some of the responses are getting to be, such as the one before this. If nobody else has anything to say, we should just let this thread die a respectable death before anyone's made a fool of.

Objective met. Wall Clear!

Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:14 pm
Profile WWW

Midna Fan

Midna Fan

*Hangs head* Sorry, just didn't understand why anyone would make this here... :(

Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:48 pm

Midna stole my<3 wrote:
*Hangs head* Sorry, just didn't understand why anyone would make this here... :(

Well this person did waltz over demanding answers about Midna. It is with kind interest that we give him our thoughts on her.

Requesting to lock topic.

Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:15 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next