View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:09 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Midna should never come back 

One-Post Wonder

One-Post Wonder

Post Midna should never come back
Midna should never come back. Bringing Midna back would completely go against the point of ending in Twilight Princess. Midna destroyed the Mirror of Twilight, therefore erasing the possibility of contact between the human and twilight realm, which is the reason why she did it. Midna does not want to return.

Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:08 pm

Anxious Mo-Fo

Awesome Music

Awesome Music

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

I argue that she didn't want to leave, but felt that she was obligated to in order to protect the realms, sacrificing any connection with Link she may have had in the process. They're obviously quite fond of each other by the end of the game, even ignoring any romantic speculation, so I doubt that severing all ties with Link was a decision she wanted to make. That was her being a good ruler of her people, putting their best interests before her own. However, that's not to say that she wouldn't at least regret the decision; perhaps she went too far. She assumes that the worlds of light and twilight can't mix, yet her and Link get along perfectly well once they get to know each other, as we see by progressing through the game. Perhaps the inhabitants of both realms can learn to coexist. Perhaps the connection between the two realms is a means of coordinating two allied forces to put down a reign such as Zant's before it can cause the damage it did in Twilight Princess rather than a threat for the evil goings-on in one realm to spill over into the other. Maybe allowing the two realms to interact freely would be mutually beneficial rather than mutually destructive, and maybe Midna can be persuaded as such.

As for actually establishing a connection now that the mirror's broken, that's not something I'm terribly worried about. There are much higher powers in the Zelda universe than the magic Midna used to shatter the mirror. Maybe the goddesses can finally make an appearance. Maybe there's a way to build another one. Maybe that's not the only way in. There are just so many possibilities for reconnecting the two realms that I'm sure if Nintendo decided Midna was worth bringing back, then they would be able to do it without the aid of any plot ruining deus ex machina.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:26 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Midna should never come back
We got over those "problems" ages ago ;) . CS explained it well, and I might also quickly add that LoZ is a game series. Worse teams than Nintendo have gotten out of larger holes they dug themselves. If amateur fanfiction writers can do it, and if so many possibilities can be thought up by Midna fans and so much devotion can be put into bringing back her character, I'd say that's evidence enough that it's nowhere near impossible.

Also, you're on a forum of about two hundred at least semi-active Midna fans dedicated to bringing her back. If you really have some information that'll refute us, might want to think about it a little harder than two sentences' worth, or else simply not post here, as by doing so you are giving your support.

Welcome to WMB.

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:04 am
Profile WWW

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Why hello there fellow Midna Fan Welcome to the forums Lord Moe I am retrolinkx and I would like to say a few words,

You Sir, are the smartest person I have ever met with your 2 sentence post on why Midna should never come back on a forum of 200 devoted to bringing Midna back intrigued me, but with that one piece of evidence, which can be backed up and also can be disproved in many ways, You might not know but who said The Mirror of Twilight was broken in the Twilight Realm, there have been plot twist like this before in movies it could happen with this situation. (This is my theory, it might be wrong but hey, I tried) also if you do not think Midna should return why waste your time to tell us (devoted Midna fans) to stop doing what we are doing and give up. (You didn't say it, but that's what you were implying)

Добро пожаловать на WMB (Welcome to WMB)

Peace.

P.S. Don't worry it may look big and scary but I'm sure you will make friends here.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:38 am
Profile WWW

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

And this is one of the reasons I will refuse to let myself become inactive here despite my inability to do anything here :rock:

Nice posts, CS, Yitik, and retro.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten son, that whosoever believeth in him, shall not perish, but have everlasting life.

Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:57 am

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Great idea...posting THAT in a "WANT MIDNA BACK" forum... >.<

... :|

That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."

I make 3D models. All of the Zelda characters I make belong to Nintendo.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:05 am

Triforce of Power

Triforce of Power

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Fox wrote:
Great idea...posting THAT in a "WANT MIDNA BACK" forum... >.<

... :|

I concur. And he isn't doing anything more. Can I trust everyone to just let this die or shall I move it to another section - or else just spend a Tyrant Point and lock it?

WHAT DO I DO???
Welcome to WMB. Anyone interested in contributing can go to this thread. There's something for everyone, and we're always open to new ideas! Contributing is also the way you can get into a usergroup or, for the particularly unique contributors, special ranks.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:46 pm
Profile WWW

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Just lock it. It is no use. Or move it to our Forum Attic.

Peace.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:28 pm
Profile WWW

Resident Androgynous Grouch

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

If they pop in, make a single topic of this nature, and don't come back...
I doubt this person had any other intensions then just to annoy us...
Don't pay it any heed...

Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:48 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 9 posts ]