View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:44 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Let's Talk About Snow 

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: I dunno but bigfoot is over there and he's flipping me the bird. . any help here?
I love the snow. Depends on what kind it is though. Where I live, I get a lot of lake effect, so sometimes it just comes down like an apocalypse of some kind. When it's just a basic snow shower, I'm fine with it. In fact I welcome it because f the effect it has on the landscape. But when I can't see 5 feet in front of my face when I'm driving, it's a problem. I've driven out in total white-out blizzards with frozen road ways just to get fish food. (yeah I'm crazy) But that's why intentionally try to skid around corners when it's decent out to practice for such situations. And c'mon, who doesn't enjoy doing some doughnuts in a parking lot once and awhile? B)

I don't mind shoveling it off the driveway, nor the cold, (it does get annoying eventually) but if my mom would ever get the damn snow-blower fixed I wouldn't mind it at all.
Overall, I love snow.... Just in moderation.
But I like rain better

Twist wrote:
LightWorldMidna wrote:
Twist wrote:
Britain has taken the trend for just having 3 months of deep-ass snow!

Not where I live! I adore snow, but I don't think I have ever experienced more than 3 centimetres! I can count the number of days I had of school because of snow on one hand. I hope we get more snow this year...

Really? At some points we get 3" down here, the damn snow killed out my wild strawberry bush. Oddly, this all happened in the south of England (Bracknell) as opposed to the north which we usually hear getting the back end of any snowy periods we have with overwhelming quantities. I also don't want snow now because I'm doing A-levels, so every lesson is vital, as much as I'd like days off, it will certainly hinder me in the long run.

It seems like you guys got all of our snow last year. We didn't get anything, maybe a few good storms but that's it.
When I was in high-school, we didn't get any snow days whatsoever. The school board leader was from Alaska, so she didn't care how much we got. :(

A bad day almost always gets f'n worse.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:08 pm
Profile WWW

Professional Circle Clicker

O_O;

O_O;

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Prom3theus wrote:
It seems like you guys got all of our snow last year.
Twist wrote:
Honestly, bro, if we had the option we'd have given you your snow back.

This was inevitable, but: I see, I see. So the snow is America's property now, hmm? I guess we should be thankful we're allowed to use it just like we're allowed to use America's internet. :plot:

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:04 pm
Profile WWW

Web Wizard

Web Wizard

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Xytox wrote:
This was inevitable, but: I see, I see. So the snow is America's property now, hmm? I guess we should be thankful we're allowed to use it just like we're allowed to use America's internet. :plot:

Don't forget that the America isn't only the property of United States.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 pm
Profile WWW

Woman of Letters

WMB Addict

WMB Addict

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Let's Talk About Snow
I want it to snow. What's the point of it being cold if it doesn't snow? It was cold as Fichina this morning, and that would've been fine if there was snow with it.
I actually have yet to see snow since my star fox obsession, so I haven't expirienced this perfect Fichina picture yet. Oh, and I like your signature Fox. That's new isn't it? Or have I really missed it that long?

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:41 pm

Web Wizard

Web Wizard

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

It's quite old, you can see it here

viewtopic.php?style=15&f=63&t=2504

I wish I could be back on time to see the first snow that occurred in my city in 1975.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:47 pm
Profile WWW

Vault Dweller

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Foxtrot813 wrote:
Don't forget that the America isn't only the property of United States.

Pfft, whadda ya mean? Monroe Doctrine, baby. Everything in the Western hemisphere is MURICA's backyard. Deal with it. B)

I kid.

On topic, I don't see how anyone can like snow. I absolutely loathe the cold (though to be fair, I hate extreme heat as well). Give me pleasant 70 degree weather in Pennsylvania, please, with warm rain. Snow is clearly some great cosmic being's proof that it hates humanity. It doesn't nourish life, it's cold which you can die from, makes it hard to drive in (ok, so rain has those two properties too, but at least it can be useful), it can kill you by falling through it or falling and breaking something. Really, it's an insurance company's best friend. Maybe God is an actuary.

Thu Dec 06, 2012 11:52 pm

Eternally with Midna

Midna's Clergy

Midna's Clergy

I can tolerate real light snow, but once it gets heavy and the roads become a huge mess, I can't stand it. D:

Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 am
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: Let's Talk About Snow
Wow. I'm surprised snow has been real light for me this year. I'm seeing more snow here on the site than where I live.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:07 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

Badges:
Usergroup Bars:

What is this snow you speak of? Is it food?

Seriously, the only time snow has been in the vicinity of where I live was when I was about 5 or 6. If you want to see snow in Southern California, you take a ride to the really ugly moutains (That have dirty ugly snow) or you buy some cotton and throw it around.

Southern California on the Snow Spectrum: -1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 x 100000

send me great quotes you see on wmb and i might make them ~beautiful and inspring~
me x ghirahim lee pace 5ever

Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:59 pm

Bearer of the Elements

Bearer of the Elements

We never get a Snowy Christmas in Australia. The only time I've seen snow was when I went up to a mountain resort thing for the day.

Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:37 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next