View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Organized Testimonials 

Treasure Hunter

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Post Re: Organized Testimonials - Submissions Are [Almost] Closed
FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
No, I'm pretty sure you can still add your own.

where do I send it? ^_^

I cant recommend this web comic enough, its just too good, you're missing out if you don't check it out

----

no matter who we perceive to be our biggest threat, our biggest danger or Enemy. in the end, the one we all have to stay aware of is ourselves, its hard to see the shadowing darkness that lies within, even more so to resist.

Theres always that one time, the one time where you feel that rage, such power. maybe for you its more than once, have you never stopped to think? something feeds from that anger, that Darkness within all our souls.

Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:55 pm
Profile WWW

Treasure Hunter

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Damn, sorry it took a few days but here it is, I poured all I could into this testimonial and I really hope it makes the list.
:D

I guess I can begin from the point I bought this game, 2014. I can say I bought this game thinking it to be just another way for me to unwind and relax, its how I have treated every single game I have played in my life, sit, play, relax. now I will say, I have grown up with Nintendo, so I know what I'm used to with Zelda games, they have the same basic line, Hero lives a normal life, Hero goes on quest for someone close, Hero awakens to who they are later on, Hero gains Master Sword, Hero kills Antagonist ultimately saving the surrounding land. Twilight Princess was different and I'm going to start with Midna because that's what this whole thing is about.

When I was first introduced to our little Imp I can say I was quite surprised, over those six years I missed out on this game I had seen fan work of her. Art, animations, the list of media can go on, but in the game she was far cuter than I had remembered, and so far my expectations of the game were still the same as what I experienced from Ocarina of Time, (it was still an awesome game) but this Midna, I didn't trust her despite her cute looks. Her teasing and constant giggling at links expense amused me though, and I honestly enjoyed my time in the twilight at these points, even dashing was fun, hearing her little “oof” made me grin at how adorable she was. I can say part of her cuteness, to me, was her voice.

However not much happened on my views to Midna between first seeing her and ending the lakebed temple. I was sad to have cleared all the twilight though, I thought I would never be a wolf again and thus never see Midna as herself again. but I was wrong. upon beating the Lakebed temple (which was bloody hard, and that's how I like it good work Nintendo) I expected nothing more than guidance to my next objective, but Zant took me by surprise, I already disliked the guy but this next scene made my blood boil, I was more infuriated than I had ever been in my entire life, I had never felt hate so strongly towards someone.

I wished I could do something, I wished I could jump in and wring Zant's neck to a pulp! but all I could do was watch as Midna was beaten and thrown to the floor, only to be exposed to the Spirits light. I will never erase that moment from my head, watching Midna scream in pain as the light consumed her, by now I had nearly crushed my controllers, even my eyes were welling up. it was here I simply shut down my Wii and took a walk. now I will admit, I lied a little earlier, between first meeting Midna and the lakebed temple, I had let my affinity for her grow and flourish. by the time I reached the lake, I began to realise I actually cared for this little adorable Imp, and I wanted to swear no harm would come to her, but that was a promise I couldn't keep.

About a day passed before I picked up my game again, I was lucky to have saved before the Lakebed temple boss. so after completing that again I had decided to not watch the following cut scene again, I couldn't bear to see Midna in pain, so when I came back to see myself in wolf form but with a white, wounded and practically near death Midna on my back I, I panicked. before I knew it I was feeling the most determination I had ever felt in a game, I didn't even think about a hidden timer, I wanted Midna safe, I wanted to heal her. it was only now I hit myself with how much I truly cared, and how much she meant to me. it would not be the first time I felt affection for a fictional character, but this was different, I can honestly say I had fallen for Midna.

It took me some time but I finally found how to heal her, to think the first place I tried was kakariko village. anyway when I bought her to Zelda it really did seem like this was the end for her, I felt so insecure, I could feel that crushing feeling weighing down on my chest. Then Zelda gave Midna her light, healing her and returning her to her original colours, I was overjoyed, I literarily jumped from my seat and screamed “YES!” I couldn't care less for Zelda at that point, she had not impacted me or the story by much, only guiding link in the right path. so here we are again, I thought from here it would be the same, there would only be small changes in my affection, my love towards Midna, but I was wrong. from here she was a lot more friendly, so much more kind and considerate to link and this I found sweet and much more adorable, her face and getting close to link made me “aww” in how cute I thought she was being. the little caressing of links cheek when I first entered the dessert really made her smile.

now, for a day or two I had to take a break from the game, I just felt so strongly for Midna and truth be told I had accidentally seen ending spoilers on the internet while looking for bottle guides, I had just gotten to the dessert temple so I felt I would need that extra oil (come on, it was dark) I took that break out of sadness, I didn't want her to go, I was feeling crushed knowing she would leave. by now I just could not get her out of my head and I didn't want to, thinking about her made me smile, but thinking about her leaving made me upset. during my break I was surrounding myself with Midna fan art and Midna's Lament was a song I listened to over, and over.

When I finally picked the game back up I took it slower from here, I played as wolf link whenever possible, my love for the adorable little Imp grew with each second I saw her. at this point I could not imagine what the game would be like without her, she was so full of spark and personality she really added the spice to the game and without her it wouldn't be anything special. Midna really is a unique character and Nintendo have done a great job at what they did.

so here we come to my final moments with this game, finally defeating Zant (with a handful of satisfaction I might add) and witnessing Midna use that power, heh, even her face of shock was too adorable, and then here I was, about to enter Hyrule castle. Seeing Midna's transformation actually surprised me, how an utterly adorable character could change into something so powerful, but what I liked more is when link walked through the gates, Midna cradled in his arms, the two even sharing a few moments with their gazes locked into the others. I just thought that was really sweet.

I feel like I have gone on way too long with this testimonial but I wish to share all I can so I can get my full message out. so lets continue. when I defeated ganons beast form I thought it was over, I didn't expect it to be thought and I was right. his spirit (or what ever it was) was still alive and I thought some epic final battle would take place, but to my grief I was wrong, Midna sacrificing herself to get Link and Zelda to safety... when I saw Ganondorf riding up on his horse holding her mask, I assumed the worst, and total rage overtook me. I wanted him dead, and I disregarded everything else until I drove my sword through his chest, but I realised revenge may be sweet, but it doesn't heal. I was completely crushed, I thought this is what those spoilers meant by Midna leaving, I really thought she was dead.

however I was wrong, moments later I saw those light spirits, and Midna's shadow on the hill, once again in this game I was over come with joy and relief, but something changed, she changed. I wont say I was unhappy to see her back, but her Imp form was who I fell for. granted her True form is quite the pretty sight, it was her Imp form that I spent the entire game with, and it was her I wanted. so here I was at the end of the game, about to water Midna leave, and I thought it would be simple, she would return home and leave that door open for Link. how wrong I was. upon seeing that mirror crack I knew what was going to happen, and how much I wanted to leap in there and stop it happening, but I could only watch it shatter and close that door. from there, I really was crushed and heartbroken.

to conclude this testimonial Midna is one of the best characters and assistants Nintendo has ever come up with, she will always hold a special place in my heart and the same for those of WMB and MFF (even though that's gone now the fans are still around) I am honestly reluctant to play the game again due to the ending but she didn't leave on bad terms and reminding myself of that helps soothe the aching. my love for her may fade in time, it may not and I hope for the latter, but I will never forget her for all the years I have to live, she is someone special to me, Twilight Princess was the only game I have played where the ending made my cry, and that's something I respect, even if they were tears of sorrow it shows how much I as a player have bonded with the character, and in this instance, Midna.

Nintendo I beg of you to bring our Midna back, it may have been years since this game but i can only hope that this testimonial so many years down the line can remind you that there's still Midna fans out there that would do so much to see her again, in any form.
All of us, all the Midna fans just want one same thing and that's to have her back, you Nintendo have created the best character in any fiction be it written, animated or playable, Midna truly is something special in all media and as I said before. she will always hold a special place in my heart.

- Cloud-Runner-Teeny

I cant recommend this web comic enough, its just too good, you're missing out if you don't check it out

----

no matter who we perceive to be our biggest threat, our biggest danger or Enemy. in the end, the one we all have to stay aware of is ourselves, its hard to see the shadowing darkness that lies within, even more so to resist.

Theres always that one time, the one time where you feel that rage, such power. maybe for you its more than once, have you never stopped to think? something feeds from that anger, that Darkness within all our souls.

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:59 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Definitely a great read. It is nice to keep on seeing more testimonials come in.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Treasure Hunter

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
Definitely a great read. It is nice to keep on seeing more testimonials come in.

thanks ^^ I hope this isn't the first in a long time though.

-- Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:56 pm --

so, will this be added to the list of all the other testimonials?

----

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:23 pm
Profile WWW

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
I was told to post my testimonial in this thread for it to be printed, so here you have it:

I guess my story with Midna starts off a while ago. Before I even became acquainted with Legend of Zelda, I used to play these old “click and point” adventure games called “Kings Quest”. These were the games that would pave the path to becoming an adventure game enthusiast. When I had completed the entire “Kings Quest” series, there was nothing left to play. Years past until one day, summer of 2012, I finally decided to find myself a new adventure game. I began to browse the internet to see if there were any good titles on sale, and that’s when I stumbled upon Skyward Sword, which was just barely released at the time. I saw the game teasers and advertisements for it, and I was rather impressed from what I saw, so I wrote it down on my Birthday List. When I finally got the game (not to mention the faulty and irksome motion controllers that came with it), I was not disappointed. The graphics, game play, colorful environment and family friendly content were enough to make me an (almost) instant fan of the series.
I eventually finished the game (well almost, except for the very final boss battle with Demise. By that point, I became very fed up with the motion controllers which kept malfunctioning every 20 minutes, and so I didn’t bother to finish) and, again, had nothing to play. It wasn’t until a year later in the summer of 2013 that my younger brother brought home a Wii game called “Twilight Princess”. He was shopping at Wal-Mart with my mom when he came across a left over copy in media isle. It was on a special discount price, so he went ahead and bought it. Remembering how good Skyward Sword was, I was looking forward to see what Twilight Princess had to offer.
Looking at the back cover, I saw a picture of Wolf Link with a strange creature. I recognized it as one of the Smash Trophies in “Smash Bros. Brawl”, and regarded it as one of the game’s ‘odd-ball’ characters. I played through the first part of the game in Ordon Village, expecting some pivotal event at any moment. When the Orcs (I know, they’re called ‘Bulblins’, but I like to refer to them by how they look) attacked Link, Ilia and Colin, I knew things were about to get interesting. After getting through the Twilight cut scene with Link’s transformation, I found myself in a small dungeon cell…
That’s when I met her.
At first, she seemed to me mischievous and troublesome, much like brownies or fairies of Olden English folklore. At the same time, I found her a rather interesting companion. As the game progressed, I didn’t see her any different. However, she wasn’t as irritating as Fi, who constantly interrupted and pointed out the obvious. It wasn’t until the end of the Lakebed temple that I saw her relationship with Link in a new light. When Zant commented that Midna shouldn’t converse with “their kind”, I knew that there was something much deeper that a guardianship developing between her and Link. The scene with Midna’s Desperate hour to me was very moving and memorable.
From that point on, I was always interested to see what she was going to do next, and played the game just for the story plot alone (well, not entirely, I might have exaggerated that. But yes, that was my motivation.). To me, Link’s and Midna’s friendship was a very beautiful thing, and it grew deeper as the story progressed. I also began to see that she was, in fact, very attractive in her own special way.
I eventually finished all the Temples, thwarted the psychedelic Zant, and defeated the Dark Lord Ganondorf. It was then that I reached the infamous Mirror cut scene. I expected that Midna would finally convey her true feelings to Link before descending to her homeland. Then she shattered the mirror without saying a word…
My initial reaction was “Wait, what? That’s it!? Preposterous! How could they just end the game there?! WHY?!”. Not only did she not say a word to Link about how she felt, but she also permanently severed the link between her world and Hyrule. Never before in my life had I felt so disappointed by a video game.
The few following weeks after that left me feeling depressed, empty and cheated. No matter what I did, I just couldn’t shake it off. I eventually rationalized that maybe if I purchased another adventure game, the bad feelings would go away. That’s what lead me to buying and playing “Ocarina of Time” from the Wii Channel. However, the feelings of disappointment and betrayal kept coming back from time to time. This experience lead me to finding , and eventually joining, the Want Midna Back organization.
Now, I don’t know exactly how or when I came across WMB. What I do remember is feeling hope and peace that people out there felt the same way I felt, and were trying to do something about it, that there was a fighting chance that she might have a comeback. For a long while, I considered joining, but just regarded it by simply agreeing to their cause and objectives. It wasn’t until very recently that I finally decided to make a difference, and submit to the cause by offering up this testimonial, written on the 26th day of February 2014 A.D..
I now speak directly to Nintendo. First off, let me compliment you on the excellent work you did with the “Legend of Zelda” series. Without your ingenuity, this organization would not have existed, neither would the global fan base that so dearly love The Legend of Zelda. For that, we thank you. However, we still stand as a testament to the opinion of your customers, and declare that we will do whatever it takes to gain our satisfaction, a goal of which should be your utmost priority. It would be such a tragedy to see such a well written character thrown away forever. Just remember that we still stand as your audience, and that the customer is always correct. How she is brought back in the next game is up to you. The realm of fiction is filled with endless possibilities, so I’m sure it shouldn’t be that hard to bring her back. Just remember that the decision lies within your hands now. Choose wisely.
As for me, I shall wait with diligence and patience, moving on with the regular movements of life knowing that I have done my part. I will wait for E3, when the question of her return will be answered. If it isn’t then, then I will continue to wait until the time shall come. Good things come to those, who wait…

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:30 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Pretty good testimonial there! And thanks a lot for deciding to join! Every single member helps! :rave:

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:33 pm

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

I was not sure if it's already to late, given the thread's title, but nevertheless I wanted to write something more appropriate than what I did in the introduction (and which is directed at Nintendo at the end):

_________________________________________________________________________________

I had begun liking Midna earlier in the game than most people normally do. Her direct way to express her thoughts and the resulting sarcastic, maybe rude comments didn't really annoy me. They rather reminded me of myself as I normally don't mince my words neither. Besides, I could already see that her bossy behavior was mixed with some nicer gestures which made me believe that behind her hard shell she had a soft core, like an unpolished diamond. After a short while, I didn't consider her as just a video game character anymore, she felt more like a friend. I really enjoyed having her around and could always laugh lustily when she kept teasing me.

Then suddenly something strange happened. When I saw Midna being gravely injured by Lanayru's light I had been in a shock. I was in a great fear that she would die, that there was no way of healing her or that I simply would take too long to bring her to the castle. And so I began to run. I ran like I never have run before in a video game. I didn't pay attention to the surrounding nor the enemies on the path nor anything else. With tears in my eyes I realized how much I actually cared for Midna. That I cared for her more than one probably would care for a friend, even a close one. I couldn't exactly define what I had felt for her. Nevertheless, after she had been healed, I relished her presence even more than before. I kept using her abilities as often as possible, no matter if I really needed them, just to celebrate that she was still with me. And that Midna seemed to have been changed by this event in similar way as I have been, what I could easily notice by her different way of talking, made her feel even more alike to me.

In the following we kept growing closer to each other more and more as I progressed through the game. At many scenes I actually cried after she had revealed another part of her tragic story. I kept asking me how I could have developed such intense feelings toward a mere video game character. But the answer is, she never felt like a video game character. With all her carefully worked out character traits, her little flaws and the change of her point of view on "us" light dwellers she felt like an actual living person.

When I finally had reached the ending scenes of the game, I suddenly knew what exactly I felt for Midna. It was genuine love. I was so happy when the curse had been lifted on her and everything seemed to become all right. But then it didn't. When I saw the mirror crack I couldn't believe what was happening, I just sat there with my mouth wide open. After Midna had disappeared and the mirror had bursted completly I fell to the ground crying in agony, as I feared I would never see her again.

Midna had become the shadow that shines brighter than light, I owe her so many moments of joy and she has made me a different person (in a positive way!). No matter that she is still technically a video game character, something which has such a massive emotional impact on someone will have a permanent effect on that person, one that won't completely fade even in decades. Through her I have discovered aspects of my own personality I hadn't been aware of.

My greatest wish is that on day Midna will come back the enrich our everyday life once more, that we can feel the warmth again that Midna has brought to our hearts. With Midna you have created a masterpiece, a milestone in video gaming history and judging from the great detail and the elaborate design you have given this character, you obviously have enjoyed creating her as well. It would be a great shame if this important masterpiece would simply be forgotten, if all the potential Midna still carries in her would remain unused. After all those great games you have created, I trust that you will make the right decision.

Respectfully,

~Project Alice

Last edited by Project Alice on Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:08 pm

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Don't worry about the title: we're not anywhere near ready to finish up the testimonials. Anyway, pretty great read! :rave:

Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:12 pm

Tyranny with a Smile!

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

Location: My diabolical lair in Soviet Russia, 500 miles below the Earth's crust.
Much more descriptive than the last one. Good work!

Thu Mar 27, 2014 12:11 am

One-Post Wonder

One-Post Wonder

Hello everybody, I am new to Want Midna Back, so please take care of me and treat me well.

Sun May 11, 2014 7:33 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next