View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:30 am

Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 What anime do you like? 

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Post Re: What anime do you like?
retrolinkx wrote:
Pokemon: I actually tried to watch all of the episodes, and I've seen 431 episodes, but gave up after they changed the voices. It just didn't fit with me sadly. It was really great though, I did get back into the latest season last summer, but I've stopped watching. I've been meaning to watch the movies though, last one I saw was movie 11 or so.

I used to watch the Pokemon anime a lot during my childhood, but now I don't really care about it all that much. Now, the only parts that may interest me are the fight scenes.

retrolinkx wrote:
Yu-gi-oh: I watched Yu-Gi-Oh all the way to the spellbinders arc or whatever it was after Battle City. It got kind of boring around there. I even saw Season 0 as well. I watched GX up to the bit where Jaden goes to another world to find that other kid, but didn't watch it after that sadly.

The original Yugioh is still really good to me, since I grew up with the card game and still enjoy it to a certain extent. I don't really care for GX, but I really enjoyed 5Ds. It's really dark, despite it's dumb moments.(according to 5D's, handcuffs can be destroyed by throwing a children's trading card through them!)

retrolinkx wrote:
Digimon: I watched a few of the movies, and I can remember small parts of the original three seasons. I watched Tamers the most since my brother watched it on summer and I watched it with him. I'm thinking of rewatching it when I get some time, but with the 600 or so episodes of Pokemon that I want to watch (hey, i might as well try) it might be difficult.

I've...barely watched Digimon. I only watched the 4th show where the kids turn into Digimon. I really only enjoy it for nostalgic purposes instead of anything else, though.

retrolinkx wrote:
Death Note: First real anime I watched I guess, saw it in 2007 or so, really good but at this point I assume everyone has seen it. I liked it up to Episode 19 or so, afterwards it became a drag to watch it since N was not as interesting as L.

My personal favorite anime. I didn't care too much about N because back when I first watched it I sided with Light the entire time.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!
http://www.twitch.tv/fezeldalord12345

Mon May 11, 2015 10:40 pm

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

FEZeldalord12345 wrote:
retrolinkx wrote:
retrolinkx wrote:
Yu-gi-oh: I watched Yu-Gi-Oh all the way to the spellbinders arc or whatever it was after Battle City. It got kind of boring around there. I even saw Season 0 as well. I watched GX up to the bit where Jaden goes to another world to find that other kid, but didn't watch it after that sadly.

The original Yugioh is still really good to me, since I grew up with the card game and still enjoy it to a certain extent. I don't really care for GX, but I really enjoyed 5Ds. It's really dark, despite it's dumb moments.(according to 5D's, handcuffs can be destroyed by throwing a children's trading card through them!)

Reminds me of when Kaiba stopped a gun from firing by placing a card to stop the firing mechanism.

It's also quite brilliant as the card he puts there is known as "The Goddess of Reversal" and he just reversed the situation to play in his favour.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Mon May 11, 2015 11:07 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

Probably should've posted this earlier. I'm caught up with Fairy Tail. While it's still really great, there have been a couple of problems I've noticed. First off is the Eclipse Celestial Spirits arc. While this does seem more like fanfiction, I was open to the idea of the spirits having different personalities, but it wasn't really done well. Some parts felt too rushed, others were too slow, and the whole reasoning behind it is too farfetched. I don't think it's terrible like some others do, but it's definitely weaker than everything else so far.

The anime is at the Tartarus arc prologue right now, and all I have to say is...THIS IS PROLOGUE?!? Characters have already started dying! I was amazed: I think this is the first time anyone has actually gotten killed! I've read comments from the manga readers saying that this is hands-down the best arc, and I'm willing to belive that! However, is it just me, or did the colors get much grayer? That's what it seems like. It looked natural during the first scene in the public baths since it was foggy, but they kept that color palette! Is it supposed to represent the darker tone? All it's doing is distracting me.

Despite these problems, I'm still really enjoying Fairy Tail. Still not quite one of my favorite animes, but it's pretty close.

Actually, this is the mouthful: "Final Ultimate Legendary Earth Power Super Max Justice Future Miracle Dream Beautiful Galaxy Big Bang Little Bang Sunrise Starlight Infinite Fabulous Totally Final Wonderful Arrow...FIRE!!!"

I now have a Twitch account, so if you want to see me take on challenging games, click below!

Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:33 pm

Robert Lutece

Site Savior

Site Savior

Badges:
ImageImageImage
Usergroup Bars:

I doubt I can count the number of anime I've watched extensively on both hands, but the ones that I have gotten into have had a pretty profound effect on me. Got into Hunter x Hunter around the beginning of the year -- breezed through that series within just a few months. Such a refreshing departure from what I expected.

Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:27 am
Profile WWW

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

"Kill La Kill" was a blast to watch. It was nice and short which I appreciated. I hate it when animes drag out a scene/story. It was very funny and was very engaging with the characters. Character development was great ( never thought one of my favorite characters was going to be a piece of sentient clothing) abd the music was fantastic. Over all a great anime thst really doesn't take itself seriously sometimes :)

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:37 pm
Profile WWW

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

So, long story short I've met some friends at uni who are big on anime, and I feel like I've been lacking in that department so I thought I might as well kickstart some discussion about other animes.

I recently watched Space Dandy. Legit perfect anime. Every episode (well, 95% of them) were 10/10. I went in expecting Cowboy Bebop with some comedy but got something completely different, episodes with feels are big in this series.

I'm watching Trigun. I do enjoy it since I love idiot characters who are actually pretty tough and lucky since it's always interesting to see how they get out of situations. Comedy is good as well.

I finished Clannad the Christmas gone, and honestly it felt more like a slice of life romatic comedy more than the saddest anime ever (as I was told) and the way they wrap up After Story, while nice, kind of defeats the whole purpose of the previous 6 episodes and their build up. But I guess if everyone died then it'd just be stupid and a bad way to end. I did enjoy it though.

If it counts, I'm also going through all the Ghibli films. I enjoyed all of them so far (I'm up to Whisper of the Heart) besides Only Yesterday, which I found to be quite boring. I mean 2 hours of narrative changes especially when one part became interesting just annoyed me. Castle in the Sky and Kiki's Delivery Service will forever remain my favourites. Still need to rewatch Spirited Away to see if it still holds up.

blog aside, I just wanted to add some more discussion.

If you don't know who I am, that's most likely because I only ever visit WMB like 3 times a year, post once and then leave till I remember this is bookmarked then return to do the same thing again and again. And Hey. I found out there is a glow feature, look at that, that's pretty awesome guys.

Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:14 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

*looks at my last post* Well, that certainly changed. I...kind of got bored with Fairy Tail. At the point where I stopped watching, some problems I once considered minor are now becoming major. First off, the story is really dragging. There are some episodes in which I don't feel like much progress was made. Second, the fight scenes are becoming pretty boring. There were quite a number of fights where it follows this formula; "bad guy kicks good guy's ass for a majority of the episode, seems undefeatable, good guy gives some speech, and then defeats bad guy in one or two hits." I don't mind seeing an extreme power-up, but at least make it something new, and don't just end the fight right there. I'd much rather see a lengthier clash, which Fairy Tail has done at times. However, it's pretty infrequent. Lastly, I'm just losing interest in the characters. I don't have a concrete answer for this one, but during the last episodes I was watching, I wasn't caring about the characters' conflicts, and more of what was going to happen at the end of the arc, which I never finished. It was a fun ride while it lasted, but I don't see myself returning to Fairy Tail.

Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:28 pm

The Corvid Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Midna Fanatic

Sounds like it suffered "been running so long it gets boring and repetitive" like Bleach or it just suffered from really bad writing in general. This is a major reason why I prefer shorter shows, both for anime and just TV in general. The longer the series runs, the risk of bad writing increases tenfold and repetition is highly likely. I'm not sure how long Fairy Tale is but it sounds like it's suffers from that fate. Not to say short anime and tv shows can't have terrible writing of course.

Curiosus quasi Corvus

korppi8 x ravens/crows forever!!!!

EVERYTHING IS MORE EPIC IN CAPS!

Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:39 pm
Profile WWW

The Wonderful LPer

Lord of Let's Plays

Lord of Let's Plays

Badges:

Usergroup Bars:

korppi8 wrote:
Sounds like it suffered "been running so long it gets boring and repetitive" like Bleach or it just suffered from really bad writing in general. This is a major reason why I prefer shorter shows, both for anime and just TV in general. The longer the series runs, the risk of bad writing increases tenfold and repetition is highly likely. I'm not sure how long Fairy Tale is but it sounds like it's suffers from that fate. Not to say short anime and tv shows can't have terrible writing of course.

It probably did just get stale over time. Fairy Tail is over 200 episodes long, and I'm pretty sure it's still ongoing. I know the manga is pretty far ahead.

Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:20 pm

The God Hand.

Midnaholic

Midnaholic

So for the past three years I've been watching anime and reading manga a lot more.

Since the last update was around 2015, I might as well give a update on anime that I personally loved over the past years.

Starting off with KAIJI. Oh man, I did not expect to love this anime as much as I did, but man it had me hooked from episode one, funnily enough I remember watching this at an anime society I used to go to (and now run as President lol) and I didn't care for anime much and instead tried to help a friend play Super Metroid but instead got distracted by this anime, wrote the name down on my phone and when I got home watched 7 episodes back to back, and finished the whole thing in three days. I LOVED IT. I never did that with ANY anime before.

Basically the story of a guy who accidentally gets himself into millions of yen worth of debt he can't pay off, and is forced to gamble his way out of it. Very fucking good in that regard. It also has a lot of amazing parts that tug on your heart strings, as well as make you feel like a man! It's honestly the manliest anime I've ever seen in terms of emotion and raw feeling. Fukumoto is a God at writing about the essence of being a man, outside of physical strength.

In a similar vein, I watched Akagi.

Made by the same guy, and voiced by the same va as Kaiji. Akagi is about a guy who wants to bet his life in a gamble, and tries his hardest to find it. Being a devil at Mahjong and having never lost a game, it can be quite the ride to watch.

I watched it a few months after Kaiji (without even knowing it was made by the same person. I just took notice from a friend who insulted someone else for having not watched it) and began to hate Mahjong after I finished it. Soon enough I learnt how to play Mahjong (from that friend) and it shot up into being one of my favourite animes just because of the huge effect it has had on my life. I play a game of Mahjong every week, have my own set and mat and even taught it to around a dozen people now.

Ping Pong the Animation was a running series at the anime society I went to back in 2016.

It was a really cool sports anime about several ping pong players trying to get to the top of the game, but of course only one could get there. Each of them had their reasons for getting there and it was quite a sad anime to watch when you're being shown the stories of all five of them, and only one can succeed, and it really has an effect on you.

It also has an amazing soundtrack (hell, all the anime I've talked about does. I think I'm seeing a pattern here) but Ping Pong is a really good anime in that regard. Very manly, and has a lot to do with competition and passion.

I discovered Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water through complete accident. Found the opening on Youtube in a recommendation, and once I started it up I HAD to watch it.

The best way to describe it is if the team behind the Pokémon anime were asked to make something completely original off the JRPG's of the 5th/6th gen (Grandia/Skies of Arcadia) because that's exactly what it is. It's the story of a young inventor named Juan meeting a circus performer named Nadia in France, who wishes to see her homeland Africa. Juan says he can take here there but before he has a chance to tell her how, they are interrupted by a Team Rocket esque bad guy who are after the jewel around her neck called the Blue Water. They escape and eventually find themselves on an adventure around the world to get to Africa, meeting a lot of trouble along the way.

It's a very fun anime, filled with adventure, great music, characters. Hell it's definelty one of my favourites as I yearn for a feeling of adventure in real life as well, and vidya/anime is my only escape. It brings a smile to my face whenever I watch it, and I'm still savoring every episode. It's 39 episodes long, and I started in September and I'm only on episode 26.

Here's a small webm I made showing off one of my favourite parts of the show.

https://webmshare.com/play/8dj6n

I found the dub to be quite unique and good. Especially since there are so many different voices and people. Indian people sound Indian, Americans sound American etc.

Finally, there's Irresponsible Captain Tylor. An anime I recently finished.

As the name suggests, it's the story of an irresponsible person being put in charge of a destroyer in the middle of a war, and have to win battles through luck and idiocy. It's amazing. Seriously, I loved it to bits and laughed at how many situations he got out of through sheer idiocy or luck. Hell, I laughed for a good minute during the first battle he won in episode 4. My only real complaint was that the show didn't deal with it a lot. Throughout the 26 episodes he was only part of four battles, and won them all. I really wished I saw a lot more battles, since it was too perfect.

I've already put a lot of effort into this post, so I won't go on about the manga I've read in great detail, but still here's some good ones.

Finished Jojo Part 1-7, loved the first four, found the last three to be kind of boring. Read Strongest Man Kurosawa and loved it to bit. Read Ten and loved it to bits (Akagi's first appearance in a manga), read Zero, Gin to Kin and Buraiden Gai as well.

Anime wise, finished 124 episodes of Yawara! The Fashionable Judo Girl, never forced my way through 124 episodes of anime before, so it was a nice challenge. Finished One Outs another gambling anime but this time sports related, finishted Initial D, that was pretty cool. Bokurano as well.

Hell I could go on about it all day, if you've read this far and want to see what I like to read/watch, here's my MAL.

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Stusbu

This post shouldn't have taken nearly an hour to write.

Mon Mar 19, 2018 1:05 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10